Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default David Robinson vs Kevin Garnett

In their prime, who was better?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputation
Default Re: David Robinson vs Kevin Garnett

can u maybe do a mock up of what their wing spans would look like compared to wilt?
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not sure, I really like both players though. Neither guy lived in the paint enough that I'd win a championship (I think as a big, to be the first option offensively on a championship team, you have to be very willing and able in the post, unless your squad is exceptionally stacked offensively and it's more of a scorer-by-committee deal). Both are top 10 (maybe top 5?) defenders ever, and would be in my top 15-20 players in an all-time draft.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very similar players, like fpliii mentioned. You can't really go wrong with either player, but I think Robinson is better individually and better at his peak (although, that's pretty close too).
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
can u maybe do a mock up of what their wing spans would look like compared to wilt?
no, haven't found any good pics of Robinson or Garnett with their arms spread out holding a basketball but if you'd like I could maybe do a mock up of how hurt your butt is?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
jzek
EL LO BEE

jzek is starting to rub some people the wrong wayjzek is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Robinson.

Garnett has the advantage in terms of mental toughness but from a pure basketball standpoint, Robinson was better in every category.
jzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzek
Robinson.

Garnett has the advantage in terms of mental toughness but from a pure basketball standpoint, Robinson was better in every category.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

If I were building a team, I would take Robinson and never look back. I don't know if that answers your question at all.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
KyleKong
OTC Heir Apparent

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never saw Robinson play, but seeing highlights, stats, and accomplishments I'd take Robinson by a spider's ass hair.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In certain situations KG... in others Robinson. KG, Duncan and Bowen would have been the best defensive team ever. But Duncan and Robinson overlap some where as KG could have been molded to fit in with Duncan better. KG would fit in with more team concepts and different situations where as Robinson would be a big time fit in others.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

- Talent and Skill....probably lean towards Robinson...he could handle the rock like a SG( KG can too I guess....but Rob was faster )http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18

but mentally KG just seemed like a more engaged player.

- I would probably take KG over DRob if I had to start a team
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

KG

Lmao at the dude who said robinson had better handles. KG played PG in some occasions. KG was a much better passer as well
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

DRob is like KG on steroids - bigger, faster, stronger. Gosh, sounds like the Six Million Dollar Man.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #14
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here

Damn this is close. KG was just as good or a rebounder as David so I will call that a draw. Scoring I will take David. Passing I will take KG. Defensively, both are among the best to do it. David can defend the paint better while KG was more versatile, even playing many minutes early in his career at SF. I think skill for skill KG is likely the top 7 footer ever to play. But David is likely the most athletic and skilled CENTER ever along with Hakeem. So it might come down to David being a dominant center while KG was a dominant 7 foot PF who was actually a swiss army knife kind of player. I think it might actually come down to what u need. They are actually two different players when u think about it anyway. David while mad versatile and loved to faceup was still dominant as hell in the paint. KG is among the top 5-6 most versatile players ever and can plug more holes than David.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #15
BlazerRed
Don has beautiful aura

BlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlazerRed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tough call, but I'd take Garnett. Dude is just a born competitor.
BlazerRed is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: