Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #31
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: I Would Really Like To See Clippers Win The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
The great thing about the west this yr is that it is pretty wide open... while I agree with what you said (yea your in the minority about griffin) the clippers have a great shot at getting out the west... great coaching is underrated and doc will change the teams culture....but you have teams like the clippers, spurs, thunder, warriors, and rockets (although I'm not too high on houston they need more pieces) that can make it out

the east is pretty top heavy, theres miami, indiana, throw in brooklyn if you want as well(the vets will help a lot in my opinion) then the rest is pretty ordinary/horrible (knicks are a notch below miami/indiana btw)

I'm waiting how healthy rose is and how he looks to say anything about chicago

Really interested in seeing how Houston plays also. Harden/Howard should be a pretty sick combination. They are probably the hardest team to predict. I can see them losing in the first or even sneaking to the WCF.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

I was real disappointed when the Clips signed Jamison, though for the minimum he isn't a bad pickup. Was hoping they would have found a way to get someone like Zaza Pachulia or Samuel Dalembert to round out the roster, but it is what it is. Rivers seems to be real high on Jordan's defensive ability and Blake has continued to be a work horse, so I can see him taking another huge leap. His defense is also criminally underrated. While he isn't great, dude isn't Kevin Love either.

The Clips though, can come out of the West. Match-ups are key, and the worst for us has always been the Grizzlies due to two bigs that can take over at any time, and with them doing nothing but getting older, and me not being a fan of some of their moves (Wroten Jr away for Calathes?) but most importantly a rookie coach makes me worry less. Spurs are another side but they are older. I like how we match up with the Thunder and Warriors as well.

People really don't see how big of an upgrade Redick and Dudley will be. Jared is a solid defender and will be more consistent than Butler was. Redick over Willie Green starting the majority of the year, then an ancient Billups? Yes please. Losing Bledsoe hurts D on the bench, but the offense that has been added on is tremendous. Not to mention, an actual competent head coach to boot.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #33
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has decent reputationpoido123 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I was real disappointed when the Clips signed Jamison, though for the minimum he isn't a bad pickup. Was hoping they would have found a way to get someone like Zaza Pachulia or Samuel Dalembert to round out the roster, but it is what it is. Rivers seems to be real high on Jordan's defensive ability and Blake has continued to be a work horse, so I can see him taking another huge leap. His defense is also criminally underrated. While he isn't great, dude isn't Kevin Love either.

The Clips though, can come out of the West. Match-ups are key, and the worst for us has always been the Grizzlies due to two bigs that can take over at any time, and with them doing nothing but getting older, and me not being a fan of some of their moves (Wroten Jr away for Calathes?) but most importantly a rookie coach makes me worry less. Spurs are another side but they are older. I like how we match up with the Thunder and Warriors as well.

People really don't see how big of an upgrade Redick and Dudley will be. Jared is a solid defender and will be more consistent than Butler was. Redick over Willie Green starting the majority of the year, then an ancient Billups? Yes please. Losing Bledsoe hurts D on the bench, but the offense that has been added on is tremendous. Not to mention, an actual competent head coach to boot.

I like your take on the Clips.

I think your biggest threat will come from Golden State, Houston and of course the Spurs. Thunder and Grizz have regressed if anything.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #34
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
But I really just don't think they have the toughness/dynamic enough wing players to make it that far. I like CP3 a lot and im one of the few people on ISH that thinks highly of Blake Griffin. But where is the rim protection? They made improvements with their shooting and got a way better coach. Not hating, because I want to see them win the west. But it just seems like they are missing a few things.

fck the clippers. Lakers run LA
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #35
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The west is very wide open..they certainly have as good a chance as anybody but they need to buy into doc's defensive system.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #36
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
A Warriors vs Clippers WCF would be great.

That would be fun.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 AM   #37
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
Dudley-Griffin-DJ is one of the weakest frontcourt in the league, they won't go far in the playoffs imo.

No it isn't. Griffin is one of the best forwards in the game when healthly. Dudley is very good player.spreads the floor really well.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #38
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman

Not anymore man.

It hasn't been that way for a few years...
Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #39
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Not anymore man.

It hasn't been that way for a few years...

It's a laker town but right now clippers are alot better
Old 09-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #40
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
It's a laker town but right now clippers are alot better

I know what you mean, you guys don't stay out of contention for long though.

My only concern for Lakers future is who's running the show. The coach and owner give me no confidence in their immediate future.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #41
Rose'sACL
Good college starter

Rose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong wayRose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong way

my prediction is a Spurs vs Clippers WCF.
Rose'sACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #42
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman

If you haven't noticed Jerry Buss passed away. It's not going to be the same. Get over it. At least you can catch the Clippers.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #43
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Nobody in the West is stopping a healthy OKC don't fool yourselves.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #44
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Nobody in the West is stopping a healthy OKC don't fool yourselves.

Thunder and Grizzlies look like the competitive Western teams that have regressed the most.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #45
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
I like your take on the Clips.

I think your biggest threat will come from Golden State, Houston and of course the Spurs. Thunder and Grizz have regressed if anything.

Houston does worry me as well, but I think they'll need one season to get everything together chemistry wise.

Golden State did have our number last year, but come a 7 game series, I don't see how to place them above Memphis nor San Antonio.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: