Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Caron Butler traded to Bucks

The Phoenix Suns traded small forward Caron Butler to the Milwaukee Bucks for point guard Ish Smith and former Piston center Viacheslav Kravstov.

The move sends Butler to his hometown team. The 11-year NBA veteran is from nearby Racine.

The Suns acquired Butler and point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Clippers on July 10 in a three-team trade that sent the Suns’ Jared Dudley and Milwaukee’s J.J. Redick to Los Angeles. Milwaukee got two second-round draft picks in the deal.

Butler signed a three-year, $24-million contract with the Clippers in December of 2011.

-- Detroit Free Press
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Caron Butler traded to Bucks

Butler and veteran Carlos Delfino give the Bucks two experienced small forwards. Both are capable three-point shooters and can stretch opposing defenses.

The Bucks signed the 31-year-old Delfino as a free agent this summer, reacquiring him after he spent last season with the Houston Rockets. Delfino is recovering from off-season surgery after suffering a fractured right foot during the playoffs.

"I talked to coach Drew and John Hammond (Bucks general manager), and we talked about my role on and off the court," Butler said.

"They will ask even more of me, and I embrace that challenge, being a leader and a mentor. And I'll be in my own town doing it.

-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: