Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Michael Irvin: I知 expecting Dez Bryant to be named NFL MVP this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I know what I was confusing it with now. In 87 Rice only played 12 games and he had 22 TDs. Moss holds the record with 23, but Rice was on pace to blow that away.

So I guess from that I just mixed it up with shorter seasons some how...

I apologize to everyone...VERY VERY RARELY do I admit when am I wrong

Fixed for Troy Aikman like accuracy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Michael Irvin: I知 expecting Dez Bryant to be named NFL MVP this season

Quote:
I know what I was confusing it with now. In 87 Rice only played 12 games and he had 22 TDs. Moss holds the record with 23, but Rice was on pace to blow that away.

So I guess from that I just mixed it up with shorter seasons some how...

I apologize to everyone...VERY VERY RARELY am I wrong
You say every game the cowboys are going to win, and they are a 500 team basically, so you are wrong 50% of the time right there.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Giants gave safety help on him and basically bottled him up. Not saying he isn't a beast though, because he is.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I don't think he was sober when said this.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Giants gave safety help on him and basically bottled him up. Not saying he isn't a beast though, because he is.
He's a beast, but I don't put him on the Calvin/AJ Green level. Those two guys are a tier above the field, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

both AJ and Dez are 3rd tier, along with Julio and Thomas and Marshall and Vincent

tiers go:

1. Calvin (a tier to himself)

2. Fitz, Andre

3. AJ, Dez, Julio, Thomas, Vincent, Marshall

AJ has played 3 years and in that time has yet to put up top-5 production...it looks like he could be on his way this year but IMO he hasn't earned the right to be listed with Dre and Fitz yet

Dez had better production than AJ last year...all racked up toward the end of the year too...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
both AJ and Dez are 3rd tier, along with Julio and Thomas and Marshall and Vincent

tiers go:

1. Calvin (a tier to himself)

2. Fitz, Andre

3. AJ, Dez, Julio, Thomas, Vincent, Marshall

AJ has played 3 years and in that time has yet to put up top-5 production...it looks like he could be on his way this year but IMO he hasn't earned the right to be listed with Dre and Fitz yet

Dez had better production than AJ last year...all racked up toward the end of the year too...

Interesting. I believe most people would put AJ Green on the next tier up, just from how dominant he has been from day one. 80 yards a game and almost two touchdowns to three games played ratio with the arrow pointing upwards on his level of play.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I disagree. AJ Green will jump into the top tier with Calvin this year. You saw a glimpse yesterday of what he's going to be doing all year long. Trust me, he gets the same kind of defensive attention as Calvin and Dez... Doesn't matter.

He's not just a physical monster, but he's an elite route runner and right there with Fitz as having the best hands in the league.

With a decent/good quarterback, Fitz is just behind those two guys. Andre Johnson is in the next tier down, imo, with the likes of Demeriyous, Julio, Dez, etc. He was at the top for a long time and, despite his great statistical season last year, I don't believe he's as dominant as he once was.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Also, what has Vincent Jackson done to deserve a spot clearly higher than Reggie Wayne? He has done nothing but produce for years and years.

Roddy White as well.

Vincent has cracked 80 yards per game or higher once, and never cracked 10 touchdowns. Why are you holding him in such high regard?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Interesting. I believe most people would put AJ Green on the next tier up, just from how dominant he has been from day one. 80 yards a game and almost two touchdowns to three games played ratio with the arrow pointing upwards on his level of play.
yeah well I think most would have AJ top-5...yet he has never had top-5 production

AJ might separate himself from the pack this year, wouldn't doubt it...I want to wait more than just one game though before determining that
Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Also, what has Vincent Jackson done to deserve a spot clearly higher than Reggie Wayne? He has done nothing but produce for years and years.

Roddy White as well.

Vincent has cracked 80 yards per game or higher once, and never cracked 10 touchdowns. Why are you holding him in such high regard?
Vincent Jackson is so big and dominating...he is the same size as Calvin, not many fans realize that

he IS Calvin, with a little less speed

Wayne and White are arguably in that tier though...I think White is below Julio though and I expect the "1A and 1B" thing to vanish this year...Julio is the #1

Wayne is awesome, I guess the only reason I have him a tier below is because he is 34, but he hasn't shown any signs of slowing so perhaps he belongs right there with those guys
Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
yeah well I think most would have AJ top-5...yet he has never had top-5 production

AJ might separate himself from the pack this year, wouldn't doubt it...I want to wait more than just one game though before determining that
Green's production in his first two seasons is even better than Calvin in his first two years, and both guys stepped into the league as physical freaks of nature.

I'm not ranking these guys based on accomplishments from previous seasons. I'm telling you who I think the best are right now, at this moment. For me, Green is on par with Calvin.

That's not based on statistics... I watch the guy play and feel he's just as good. And, no one else is on those guys' level except maybe Fitz.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Vincent Jackson is so big and dominating...he is the same size as Calvin, not many fans realize that

he IS Calvin, with a little less speed

Wayne and White are arguably in that tier though...I think White is below Julio though and I expect the "1A and 1B" thing to vanish this year...Julio is the #1

Wayne is awesome, I guess the only reason I have him a tier below is because he is 34, but he hasn't shown any signs of slowing so perhaps he belongs right there with those guys
VJax is not a great route-runner. That, moreso than his speed, accounts for the gap in production. I don't put Jackson in any of these three top tiers.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #29
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Green's production in his first two seasons is even better than Calvin in his first two years, and both guys stepped into the league as physical freaks of nature.

I'm not ranking these guys based on accomplishments from previous seasons. I'm telling you who I think the best are right now, at this moment. For me, Green is on par with Calvin.

That's not based on statistics... I watch the guy play and feel he's just as good. And, no one else is on those guys' level except maybe Fitz.
just no...no no no

Calvin just got done breaking records, AJ hasn't had a top-5 season yet...I mean come on
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #30
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

What matter is if he's 6 foot or 6'5? It comes down to how good the player is, and Vincent really only has two seasons (last year and '09) where he was able to produce like Wayne & Roddy have for years and years and years.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: