Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: Michael Irvin: I知 expecting Dez Bryant to be named NFL MVP this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
What matter is if he's 6 foot or 6'5? It comes down to how good the player is, and Vincent really only has two seasons (last year and '09) where he was able to produce like Wayne & Roddy have for years and years and years.
he missed 2010, and other than that his production is right up there

Vincent Jackson's numbers last year look very similar to AJ Green's
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Michael Irvin: I知 expecting Dez Bryant to be named NFL MVP this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
just no...no no no

Calvin just got done breaking records, AJ hasn't had a top-5 season yet...I mean come on
Their production in their respective second years was nearly identical (and AJ blew him away in production in respective rookie years). I'm not taking away from Calvin's accomplishments, but I think AJ takes that step this year. I felt that coming into this season and yesterday did nothing to sway me away from it.

Green has elite physical tools, elite hands and is an elite route-runner... the proverbial triple-threat. He's pretty much unstoppable and Stafford>>>Dalton.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Their production in their respective second years was nearly identical (and AJ blew him away in production in respective rookie years). I'm not taking away from Calvin's accomplishments, but I think AJ takes that step this year. I felt that coming into this season and yesterday did nothing to sway me away from it.

Green has elite physical tools, elite hands and is an elite route-runner... the proverbial triple-threat. He's pretty much unstoppable and Stafford>>>Dalton.
I wouldn't be shocked if AJ took that leap this year but he hasn't yet...putting him on the same tier as Calvin is crowning him too early
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

also, Stafford is not very good at all
Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
I wouldn't be shocked if AJ took that leap this year but he hasn't yet...putting him on the same tier as Calvin is crowning him too early
AJ has a long way to go before I say he had a career better than Calvin. A LONG way to go and it would take him staying at this level for another five years at least. Like I said, I'm basing my evaluation on what I see when I watch them play. Accomplishment wise? He's not close.

What I see on the field? He's close. Really close.

Quote:
also, Stafford is not very good at all

He's better than Dalton and he also plays in an offense more conducive to putting up big numbers. The Bengals are the prototypical AFC North team... Control the ball and the clock, lean on their defense. Detroit tries to outscore you (though they do have a great defensive front).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: