Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Default The Bengals this year ...

We've made the post season two years in a row, losing to the Texans twice. That's pretty impressive considering the recent success of the Bengals lately. Going forward into this season, it's difficult to ignore us (on paper at least). Would it be out of the question to say we're not talented enough to win the AFC and make the SuperBowl, much less win it?

Do I think we're 2013-2014 champions? To be honest, no. I don't. Do I think it's out the question, certainly not. If we win the AFC and make it, I honestly wouldn't be all that shocked. We're stacked; the rest of the league knows this, but being the Bunglas, no one properly respects us to be anything important when it comes down to playoff time. All I'm saying is, don't be shocked if we actually make shit happen this season.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: The Bengals this year ...

I worry about your linebackers and safeties against the Mannings & Bradys of the AFC, but everything else is on point.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I worry about your linebackers and safeties against the Mannings & Bradys of the AFC, but everything else is on point.
...and the Weedens.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I'm not sold on Dalton yet.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely completely sold on Andy Dalton either, but let's not kid ourselves, he's been way better-than most initially expected.

I'm such a Carson Palmer groupie, I had the toughest time as anyone parting ways with CP, but after a rock solid two seasons, yeah, it's more than apparent the best choice moving forward. I don't want to get too much into it, but I think Carson Palmer now finally hooked up with an "elite" (top 3-5) receiver in Fitz). This can't be ignored. Will this change put ARZ right up there with San Fran and Seattle within the midst of the NFC West, probably not. Hell, with Sam Bradford fully back now and being so successful against his own division last season, it's very possible the Cardinals finish last in their respective division.

The NFC West is going to be interesting this season (and probably for many years to come considering all teams minus the Cards). Looking frward to it. The Bengals are ready now.

.... the Raiders didn't use Palmer properly, but now I think Arizona will benefit as they DO use him properly. If it were any other run of your mill season, the Cardinals would be in a great spot to stand out + make some noise, but where the chips fall this season they just happen to be in the toughness group in football. That's why I like this league, things flip-flop without warming,without indication changes are coming.

I already know this season is going to be special, and surprisingly, the Cincinnati Bengals are a part of that unique and special run. Fans of other teams won't be so quick to admit that shit =P ... but I am confident shit just is what it is, and if that means the Cardinals are the shit or just "shit" then so be it, but I think Palmer is a godsend for Fitzgerald, and that combination perhaps is the best QB to WR hookup since the draft that included Stafford and Cal J. Maybe this sounds silly, as if talking about is like some Rice and Montana type shit, but perhaps in a decade, we'll be completely spot-on.

Last edited by Hoodlum Science : 09-07-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Zero sacks, and some boneheaded mistakes led to the loss yesterday. Really disappointed by the lack of discipline, especially by Maualuga there at the end. He's gotta be better than that.

Good thing the rest of the AFC North lost. This division has trainwreck potential. Despite the loss, still lots of positive signs, and next week's game against the Steelers is a chance to send them into an 0-2 hole. That team is reeling big time, but they always play well at Paul Brown Stadium.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: