Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Prisoners (Movie)

Movie trailer

Anybody else interested in this movie? It opens on Sept. 20th.

I'm intrigued by it. The cast isn't necessarily superstar worthy, but I don't think who stars is as important as the actual story/acting. So what do you guys think? Looks good, right?
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Groovy Kat
I brick open layups

Groovy Kat has decent reputationGroovy Kat has decent reputation
Default Re: Prisoners (Movie)

I think it looks pretty decent. I may rent it from redbox when it comes out.
Groovy Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmm.. I thought more people would be interested in this movie. Maybe it's too early to make a thread about a movie that's coming out in less than 2 weeks..?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Just came home from watching this movie. It's an A+, 5/5, 10/10, 100/100; whatever your rating system is, it's the highest on that list. If anybody else watches it, don't be surprised to have your mind blown.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Is that the one with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gylenhaal? If so it looked really dope in the trailers. Also, this probably is as good a cast you will get, male acting wise, nowadays.
Brunch@Five is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #7
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Just came home from watching this movie. It's an A+, 5/5, 10/10, 100/100; whatever your rating system is, it's the highest on that list. If anybody else watches it, don't be surprised to have your mind blown.

Only watched the trailer, but i think i can guess the plot.

Hugh Jackman and Howard are life long frds
there family are frds too
on thanksgiving their daughters get kidnapped
everyone suspects the weird dude caught by the trailer
not enough evidence to hold the weird dude
jackman is convinced he has or killed their daughters
jackman kidnaps weird dude and tortures weird dude
at first howard is against this but later joins in
turns out weird dude was innocent
they tortured an innocent man, and their daughters were killed by someone they trusted

am i close?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It is good. Until the ending, which is absolutely terrible
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

I decided to stop the trailer halfway. Not because the movie didn't seem interesting, but because it felt like I was watching half of the movie already..

I might go see this though, I like the cast.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

will def watch it
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Only watched the trailer, but i think i can guess the plot.

Hugh Jackman and Howard are life long frds
there family are frds too
on thanksgiving their daughters get kidnapped
everyone suspects the weird dude caught by the trailer
not enough evidence to hold the weird dude
jackman is convinced he has or killed their daughters
jackman kidnaps weird dude and tortures weird dude
at first howard is against this but later joins in
turns out weird dude was innocent
they tortured an innocent man, and their daughters were killed by someone they trusted

am i close?

Close but no, you have to watch it to understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
raiderfan19 It is good. Until the ending, which is absolutely terrible

I thought they ended the movie really well. It was as big of a twist as they could've made it.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I saw it, I definitely enjoyed it. Super suspenseful and a little creepy, but it does get a little slow at times. Jackman is fantastic as usual and Gyllenhaal plays a great role too.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Saw it a bit ago. Overall I'd give it a 7.8/10

It was a tight script overall without too many plot holes or logical inconsistencies. Jackman was solid, did a little too much yelling and indicating for my liking (the constant hand shaking and banging inanimate objects in particular ), Gylenhaal was alright, the supporting cast was great overall with Viola Davis and Paul Dano as the standouts.

The cinematography was on point and helped to maintain that dreary, dark mood. There was a constant overcast sky, rain, etc. And certain shots that experimented with light and shadows definitely added to the atmosphere.

I figured out the major twist relatively early in the story, but it didn't really take away from my enjoyment of everything on screen.

The only issues I had were (SPOILERS AHEAD) 1) I thought it fell flat with their attempt to bring religion into the story. They had a lame 'war against God' angle to try to explain the kidnappings and have that be the motive. They had the priest kill Adam's 'uncle' and keep him in his crawl space when logically, he would've just gone to the police with that info. I know they were pushing the whole everyone turns into a monster when faced with the 'war against God' thing, but I just thought it was stupid. But I guess the plot needed that little contrivance and it wasn't too far-fetched so I guess the writers get a pass.

2) I wish they had expanded Loki's story more. He seemed to have an interesting backstory (the tattoos, eye twitch, etc) but they never really got into it.

Definitely would recommend it.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Escape Plan gonna blow this outta the water.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Escape Plan gonna blow this outta the water.

Shut your ignorant ass up

Nobody wants to see their grandfathers break out of prison.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: