Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Shade8780
Hollywood Shade

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default When will American football become as popular worldwide as basketball?

It's starting to get a bit more popular gradually.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: When will American football become as popular worldwide as basketball?

never. its not a sport that is played world wide... NFL Europe never caught on for example
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: When will American football become as popular worldwide as basketball?

Too expensive to play, slow and boring-boring mostly due to all the commercial breaks and time outs and quarters.

Hopefully this sport dies out soon.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the money it makes here in the states dominates what the NBA makes.
and its only a 16 game season, 1/5th of an nba schedule.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wasn't aware of this until recently but the CFL (Canadian Football League) is actually the second most popular professional sport in Canada behind only Hockey
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I wasn't aware of this until recently but the CFL (Canadian Football League) is actually the second most popular professional sport in Canada behind only Hockey

That's probably because the CFL consists of only canadian teams while in the NBA there's only 1 canadian team, MLB 1 canadian team and in the MLS 3 canadian leagues.

Sure Canada has their own professional basketball, baseball, and soccer leagues but it's pretty much amateur level.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
That's probably because the CFL consists of only canadian teams while in the NBA there's only 1 canadian team, MLB 1 canadian team and in the MLS 3 canadian leagues.

Sure Canada has their own professional basketball, baseball, and soccer leagues but it's pretty much amateur level.
their football is amateur level too though...

it's surprisingly popular there I think

ALSO, the NFL has a large fan base in Mexico...

I think football's popularity is not just the US but all of North America
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Well Mexico has a population of 112 million so a few million (which might be generous figure) might seem large but it only represents a small fraction of the population.

Football is primarily an American sport. It will never gain worldwide popularity.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The CFL is a very high level of football. It's not on the level of the NFL, but it's the closest league in the world. Guys have come from the CFL to become, not just players, but stars in the NFL. Kurt Warner is the most glaring example, obviously, but Cameron Wake played for two years in the CFL before being given a chance with the Dolphins and subsequently becoming one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL.

Andrew Hawkins is another good example of a guy who made the jump and is now a starting WR on a very good offense.

I certainly don't look at the CFL as amateur football. Those guys are one step away. It's Class AAA for football players. If you play in the CFL, you're a damn good football player... Certainly beyond amateur status (especially since they're getting paid for playing the game).

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-09-2013 at 05:15 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The CFL is a very high level of football. It's not on the level of the NFL, but it's the closest league in the world. Guys have come from the CFL to become, not just players, but stars in the NFL. Kurt Warner is the most glaring example, obviously, but Cameron Wake played for two years in the CFL before being given a chance with the Dolphins and subsequently becoming one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL.

Let's start with the fact that Kurt Warner never played in the CFL.

Then, if you're looking for glaring examples of guys who actually did, how about Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Doug Flutie?

I do agree that it's by no means "amateur" football, just a level substantially below that of the NFL.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Better question, when will basketball, the clearly superior sport, surpass football in America?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Let's start with the fact that Kurt Warner never played in the CFL.

Then, if you're looking for glaring examples of guys who actually did, how about Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Doug Flutie?

I do agree that it's by no means "amateur" football, just a level substantially below that of the NFL.
You're right. Warner was in Arena League, which I always considered a notch below the CFL. Not sure if that's accurate, but that's always the way I looked at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Better question, when will basketball, the clearly superior sport, surpass football in America?

The gap between football and every other sport in America is growing, not shrinking. So, to answer your question, unless football is outlawed due to head injuries, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Basketball is not close... It's probably not even second (that would be baseball).
Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You're right. Warner was in Arena League, which I always considered a notch below the CFL. Not sure if that's accurate, but that's always the way I looked at it.

The gap between football and every other sport in America is growing, not shrinking. So, to answer your question, unless football is outlawed due to head injuries, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Basketball is not close... It's probably not even second (that would be baseball).

Where are these people though? I've met one person in my life who likes baseball. Everyone hated him.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Where are these people though? I've met one person in my life who likes baseball. Everyone hated him.
I'm not a big baseball guy either... But, obviously they're out there. The World Series generally beats the NBA Finals in ratings.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't ever see it beating out Soccer.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: