Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Adrian Peterson the MDE of RBs?

He's going to be regarded by the majority of fans/experts/football people as a top 5 back of all time if he stays healthy and has a normal declining curve of a great RB.

I say that with 99.9 percent certainty.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Slide
What is your top 5?

Barry
Brown
Payton
Dickerson
Faulk
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He's going to be regarded by the majority of fans/experts/football people as a top 5 back of all time if he stays healthy and has a normal declining curve of a great RB.

He's going to have to jump over some really great players.

Brown
Dickerson
Sanders
Payton
Simpson
Allen
Tomlinson
Faulk

Then you have guys like Earl Campbell, Curtis Martin, Emmit Smith, Motley, Sayers...

I'm sure I'm forgetting guys. AP has a hot at the Top 5, but it isn't a given. Not by a longshot, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

He needs to actually do it though. This reminds me of the Lebron threads where people want to judge him with the other 4 titles he's going to win. You have to actually do it in order to get credit for it.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

There are always people who want to insist that the best player today cant touch yesterdays legends. Peterson is head and shoulders above every single one of his peers. He stands equal to anyone in history.

Tomlinson and Faulk played on much better offenses and better offensive lines. He is clearly a superior talent. Please stop with anything to the contrary. The Vikings are "AP and scrubs", and defenses play accordingly. He still is a monster.

Emmit Smith played behind the BEST offensive line ever. He was not the runningback Peterson is. Seriously.

People who put too mich emphasis on "resumes" are the ones who cant understand what theyre actually watching. I dont need to wait 10 years to declare this guy to be as good as anyone Ive personally ever seen.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He's going to have to jump over some really great players.

Brown
Dickerson
Sanders
Payton
Simpson
Allen
Tomlinson
Faulk

Then you have guys like Earl Campbell, Curtis Martin, Emmit Smith, Motley, Sayers...

I'm sure I'm forgetting guys. AP has a hot at the Top 5, but it isn't a given. Not by a longshot, imo.

LOL

This guy has Curtis Martin a better RB than Peterson.

What a world this is.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

That seemed odd to me as well.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
LOL

This guy has Curtis Martin a better RB than Peterson.

What a world this is.
No, actually I don't. I'm listing great RBs off the top of my head. The first list of guys I definitely have over Peterson. The others mentioned have an argument. And, yes... Martin has an argument.

Peterson has been in the league for six seasons. Martin is a HOFer, five time All Pro and was a key piece on a team that made the Super Bowl.

Peterson will end up being a higher ranked RB than Martin... or he could blow his knees out next week. Give him some time to create a legacy instead of just handing it to him.

And, Peterson would not have been as effective in that St. Louis offense as Faulk was. Part of the reason that offense was as dynamic as you say is BECAUSE of Faulk. Peterson is much more a conventional runningback that you need to feed with running plays. Faulk was a more versatile player.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-08-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #24
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Terrell Davis and Priest Holmes were better than Adrian Peterson
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Peterson's already a great RB than Curtis Martin. Already in the top ten, will be top 5 when it's all said and done
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Peterson's already a great RB than Curtis Martin. Already in the top ten, will be top 5 when it's all said and done
I'd probably put AP ahead of Martin already, but it's close. Both 5x All Pros. Both led the league twice rushing. Peterson won an MVP, Martin was a key player on a Super Bowl team.

You can't look at AP for what you think he'll do in the coming years. Current evaluations have to be done as though his career ended tomorrow.

Right now, that's the range he's in. There is a lot to be said for longevity, too, and a guy being able to remain elite over a long period of time. AP hasn't had the chance to show that yet. He may, but he hasn't.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'd probably put AP ahead of Martin already, but it's close. Both 5x All Pros. Both led the league twice rushing. Peterson won an MVP, Martin was a key player on a Super Bowl team.

You can't look at AP for what you think he'll do in the coming years. Current evaluations have to be done as though his career ended tomorrow.

Right now, that's the range he's in. There is a lot to be said for longevity, too, and a guy being able to remain elite over a long period of time. AP hasn't had the chance to show that yet. He may, but he hasn't.

You say that, but put Emmit in that second tier.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
You say that, but put Emmit in that second tier.

Yeah, Smith probably deserves to be in that upper echelon, though I never thought he was a true all-time great. Accomplishment-wise, AP has a long way to go before he approaches Smith.

And, I think we can all agree that if AP's career ended tomorrow, Smith had a far greater footprint/career.

I have an aversion to giving a guy too much too soon. AP is a truly great player and he's on pace to be one of the greatest of all-time. But, he's been in the league six years. Just looking for some perspective, here.

EDIT: That list was not well thought-out or researched, nor was it supposed to be. I was just basically listing guys off the top of my head. If you want the true list of where I have guys ranked, it will take more time/research. Marcus Allen probably doesn't have the statistical accomplishments to be in that group, though he was a pioneer with his hybrid playing style.

As to where AP may end up, I don't see him catching up to Brown, Dickerson, Sanders or Payton on my personal list. It would take quite a bit. But, after that, I do think he could leap the rest.

I also take a few things into consideration... Peak play, accomplishments, statistics, longevity, etc. Dickerson did not last very long as an elite runningback, but at his absolutely peak, he may have been the greatest ever. That's why I put him in that group.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-08-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #29
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

As long as his health holds up...AD when its all said and done will be mentioned w/ the all time greats at RB.

He's too good not to. Such a combination of raw power, agility, explosion, and will.

Best at his position by far in this current era.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: