Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Miami Heat Edition

1. TRUE or FALSE: With that one shot, Ray Allen saved Lebron James' legacy.

No. LeBron is the reason they were in that position in the first place with a huge 4th Q. He had key turnovers, but then made a big 3 pointer. Besides, it's a team sport. Why does Allen's shot discredit LeBron's legacy so much while other stars have had role players make big shots for them?

2. The person who doesn't get enough credit for the Heat's success is:

Bosh. People always act like he's a scrub, and while he did struggle on offense, his defense and rebounds were huge in the key moments.

3. Scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "Oden gonna Oden", 10 being "Is that Bill Russell?"): What will Greg Oden's impact on the Heat be this season?

If healthy and back to his normal self then 9 or 10 because Miami will be almost unstoppable. He probably won't stay healthy so 5-6. If he can just contribute for a couple of minutes, that's good enough.

4. Should the Miami Heat seriously consider trading Chris Bosh?

No. You don't break up a championship team like that, and he's an important player on the team.

5. Besides injuries, the one thing that can stop a Miami Three-PeatŪ is:

Poor play, not making their threes, killing them in the paint with bigs. Indiana is the scariest team in the NBA for Miami.

As for fan up, South Florida is full of immigrants and people from all over the country. We do not have a big native fan base, so it's not like Boston where people live and die Boston sports from birth. Although getting fans in the seats wasn't a problem last season at all. People left game 6 early, but people pretend like it was most of the crowd. It was only a handful of people. The media made it look worse than it was.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
#number6ix#
IN RILEY WE TRUST!!!!!

#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool

false... Basketball is a team sport the miami heat won the chip not just lebron

Battier and UD... UD had a couple of good games during the Indy series that helped us survive... Battier always plays hard makes smart and effort plays

3. Scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "Oden gonna Oden", 10 being "Is that Bill Russell?"): What will Greg Oden's impact on the Heat be this season?
in regards to oden health will be his biggest obstacle and if history any indicator he'll be a 1 but I'm hoping for at least a 5

no they shouldn't consider it... He's a underrated defender and a floor spacer... I expect big thing from him this season

the Indiana Pacers

Bonus: too many immigrants and out of towners... If we had a professional soccer team I bet the stadium would be packed tho Haitians love some soccer...
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

False. A number of events led to that 3, including events created by Lebron.

Eric Spoelstra

No. He is an elite forward and I can't see them getting value.
Poor rebounding.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
b4uc.23
Call me 2 time

b4uc.23 is considered somewhat coolb4uc.23 is considered somewhat cool

False. Forget Lebron... Ray Allen boosted his legacy because of that shot

Bosh and Coach Spo. Bosh fits miami's small ball perfectly. Spo deserved the COTY award last season.

5/10. Miami needs everyone to contribute this coming season the complete the 3peat.

No. He is the benchmark of todays PF position.

Lebron James

Last edited by b4uc.23 : 09-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.
b4uc.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected poster

Not even close, as legendary as that shot was, the only reason the Heat were in the position to tie that game up was because of LeBron James

Easily Dwyane Wade. During the regular season when he was healthy, he had a 2 month stretch where he was the Heats best player. He's working with Tim Grover again, and Pat Riley went publicly saying that Wade will be back to almost 100% next year, which says a lot. If not for 3-4 good\great games in the finals on one knee, the Heat lose. He's still a 25\5\5 50% player on any given night.

0, I expect the worst. He won't be healthy, and he will be a useless spot on the roster.

Absolutely not, Chris Bosh is an All-Star PF a 22\10 player on any other NBA team. He wasn't effective offensively come playoff time, but he's still a beast.

Lebron James choking like he did in 2011, which won't happen.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #21
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

False. Only Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bill Russell have won more MVP awards than LeBron. If that doesn't solidify a player's legacy as one of the all-time greats for you, well, you're just a moron. I hate name calling, but some people are just that dumb.

No one. LeBron is the king of basketball right now. Bosh gets rightfully criticized for playing soft and drifting. Wade is one of the most frustrating players to watch in the league and I think his rep shows that. Spo is generally considered a top five coach and I think that's fair.

I'm going with 1. I really hope for Oden's sake he can really resurrect his career with the Heat, but I really don't see it. I think we're looking at another Eddy Curry situation here.

No. The only reason being is that I really doubt Miami would get back what they would need in trading Bosh. He's basically turned into a Ryan Anderson type floor spacing big. He showed up big defensively for Miami when it mattered most last year, so I think Bosh gets a pass.

Fatigue. It's what kept the 2011 Lakers from three peating. Miami should beat any one team that they would face, but fatigue could really trip them up against a Chicago or an Indy team. Health is always the biggest concern, but second is definitely burn out.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #22
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

He didn't save LeBron's legacy...that's dramatic. But he helped solidify it. because that 2nd title looks mighty nice on the resume.

Mike Miller, his three point shooting in the last 2 finals were game changers.

Anything more than a 2 is icing on the cake.

If Bosh struggles to fit in this year I think Miami may explore the possibility

(Three-peatŪ is a registered trademark of Pat Riley's and is being used without his permission putting Jeff from Insidehoops in deep shit so he better get some advice from his lawyers pronto ha ha sucks to be Jeff)

increased competition
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: