Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Peyton Manning might retire after season, depending on neck scan results

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...ason-neck-exam
Quote:
Peyton Manning's future beyond this season will be determined by the results of an offseason exam on his surgically repaired neck, sources familiar with the star quarterback's mindset told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.

Despite setting NFL single-season records for passing yards and touchdowns in 2013 with the Denver Broncos, Manning will undergo the physical exam in March, as mandated by his contract, the sources told Mortensen.

More on ESPN.com
LegwoldNews that Peyton Manning's future with the Broncos will be decided after a postseason health checkup is no surprise. It is what he and the team planned from the beginning, writes Jeff Legwold. Story

If the exam reveals that his neck is stable, Manning plans to return to the Broncos in 2014, regardless of how Denver fares this postseason, according to sources.

But if there is an increased risk of injury, Manning will be forced to decide whether to retire, sources said.

Looking forward to another Manning/Brady AFC championship.

Do you guys realize how lucky we are that arguably 2 of the GOATS played for us?

sad this might be the last time
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Peyton Manning might retire after season, depending on neck scan results

Arguably? One of the 2 are going to end up being the GOAT. Shit both of them are my going to be my 1A and 1B
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Peyton Manning might retire after season, depending on neck scan results

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Arguably? One of the 2 are going to end up being the GOAT. Shit both of them are my going to be my 1A and 1B

I think he's talking about Peyton and Elway.

Don't know why people think Elway is the GOAT..
I'd rank Breezy higher
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think he's talking about Peyton and Elway.

Don't know why people think Elway is the GOAT..
I'd rank Breezy higher
oh I didn't see the played for us, I couldn't swore op was a cowboys fan

i never watched Elway play, but his stats always seem just above average, i don't get why people have him on their top 5
Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 AM   #5
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:

i never watched Elway play, but his stats always seem just above average, i don't get why people have him on their top 5
I am a cowboy fan
I was talking about manning and Brady.

The us was referring to football fans of this era.

Elway is also one of the goats. Stats don't show how much of a winner he was. He carried terrible teams to 3 Super Bowls. His raw talent is also goat level. Athleticism + arm strength.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #6
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I am a cowboy fan
I was talking about manning and Brady.

The us was referring to football fans of this era.

Elway is also one of the goats. Stats don't show how much of a winner he was. He carried terrible teams to 3 Super Bowls. His raw talent is also goat level. Athleticism + arm strength.

You don't think Terrelle Davis helped get him to one?
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #7
KyleKong
Fin.

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE

This x1000.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #8
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

this .. kinda bothers me seeing people try to minimize elway .. elway had a cannon for an arm and could scramble with the best of them .. elite qb skills and one of the best of all time no doubt
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #9
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

he's not talking about old man elway .. he's talkin about the sbs against the giants, redskins, 9ers .. with any other qb, that team arguably never gets to the sb .. naturally that 90s team was better equipped to win it all
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Manning retire my ass. He can play another 3-4 years in todays NFL.

Quote:

He's not in my top 5. He's #1.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #11
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Elway + 49ers Uniform = Most SB rings by any QB ever.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #12
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Quote:

Good to know not everyone here suck Montana's dick
Old 01-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #13
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Terrelle davis helped him win his 2 superbowls.

He went to 5 superbowls. His first 3 teams he took to the SB were terrible.

Quote:
On May 2, 1999, at the age of 38, Elway announced his retirement from pro football. Elway is regarded as one of the top quarterbacks ever to play the game. He has one of the best winning percentages in league history (148821), and is tied for second most Pro Bowl selections for a quarterback (nine). He is fourth to Brett Favre, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning in career passing attempts, passing yards and completions
Old 01-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #14
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Technically he would still be in your top 5
Old 01-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #15
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always thought Elway seemed overrated too. Like an old school Big Ben but I never actually saw him play so my opinion is useless
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: