Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #481
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Week 2 Discussion Thread

Polamalu looks as good as I've seen him since he was healthy in his MVP year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #482
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That run by Green-Ellis on the final drive was sick.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #483
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I missed the game...

So wait a minute...Felix Jones is the starter and every down RB for the Steelers?

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #484
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I missed the game...

So wait a minute...Felix Jones is the starter and every down RB for the Steelers?

He only is due to injuries. Bell is the starter and is out and Redman and Howling were receiving a majority of play time week 1, but both were injured. Howlings tore his ACL and Redman was injured on opening kickoff.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #485
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I missed the game...

YOu didn't miss much. Physical football but not very good football.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #486
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Polamalu looks as good as I've seen him since he was healthy in his MVP year.

Too bad everyone, except maybe Ike Taylor, looks worse lol. I think the first drive for the Steelers was a good representation of that Todd Haley era...3 straight runs for like 5 yards and a punt.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #487
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not used to the Steelers being a bottom-10 team

feels strange
Old 09-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #488
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJimmyMcAdocious is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bengals have an incredible amount of weapons on offense. I thought their line held up well against Pitt's blitzes and physicality. They have a nice combo of running backs in BJGE and Bernard. Bernard looks like Darren Sproles out there ( ) and BJGE can bang you in the 4th. Two extremely talented tight ends, good possession guy in Sanu, and of course AJ Green, who might have the best tools of a WR not named Calvin Johnson.

But damn it if Dalton doesn't ruin it. Asshole ******.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #489
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I think the Steelers can turn it around, they certainly have the defense to do it.

I wasn't impressed with Roethlisberger last night, he missed quite a few throws. He has played behind terrible offensive lines before and won a superbowl with one, so I think he's capable of helping that offense get 20 points a night.

With the additions of Bell & Miller when they get back soon, they should be better on offense.

And their division has 3 wins combined right now, so it's not even close to being over for the Steelers.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #490
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andy Dalton has gotta step up if the Bengals are going to take the next step. That's something that any Bengals fan would agree with. He's decent, but not elite, and in this league, you need an elite level QB to do damage during the playoffs.

Everyone talks about the Steelers being old, but I thought their old guys actually played pretty good. I don't think they have drafted very well lately, and it shows on the field.

As for the game, the first half featured very bad offensive playcalling by Jay Gruden, as they completely ignored the run game. Adjustments were made at halftime, and Green-Ellis just wore the Steelers down. Also loved Gio's role last night, too. This has the potential to be a very good duo.

Defensively, I thought we would've put more pressure on Big Ben. The Steelers' patchwork offensive line held their own, but this team has lost so much in terms of playmakers, and you can tell that they aren't in sync with Roethlisberger.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #491
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

GOAT punt

75 yards...nailed it right in the corner on the 1

that is like a hole-in-one in golf

he also had more amazing punts that game...Colquitt should be a lcok for All Pro...it is very rare to see a punter as a big dominating factor during a game
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #492
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Andy Dalton has gotta step up if the Bengals are going to take the next step. That's something that any Bengals fan would agree with. He's decent, but not elite, and in this league, you need an elite level QB to do damage during the playoffs

True, but in Dalton's and the Bengals case, maybe he's/they're the exception. Dalton will never be an elite quarterback, but he's capable of being a pro-bowler here and there, and in terms of being a "game manager" he's certainly that. He can manage a game and manage it well. We have enough other pieces that we don't have to have a Top 5-7 QB in the league to have a shot at going deep in the playoffs. I think the Bengals/Dalton are the exception.

The departure of Carson Palmer originally didn't sit well with me. The drafting of Dalton didn't originally sit well with me. Fast forward I'm highly pleased with how things have turned out. Dalton and AJ Green aren't exactly the duo that say Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson are, but I can't think of many other QB/WR combos in the league I'd currently take over them. I think we're blessed to have the both of them.

The Texans have had our number the past two seasons, and it's certainly possible we'll see them again in this year's post season, but I'm hoping/feeling third times a charm. I think with our defense, and the rock solid offense we're equipped with, even with Dalton not being elite, and simply a very good game manager it's enough to do some real damage in this year's playoffs. If we can't do it this year- with the talent we have on both sides of the football, playing in a generally weak division, then when in the hell will we?

We should have at least one home playoff game; if we can win 12 games, maybe two with a bye.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #493
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does anyone run the ball anymore?

NFL is turning into the CFL.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #494
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

This is exactly how I felt after the Seahawks regarding the other people/media

"There were a lot of pundits and ignorant idiots who thought we were gonna lose this game," he said. "Well, please, please don’t doubt us again,” Sherman told NBC’s Michele Tafoya after the 29-3 win. “Every time you doubt us, you look stupid.” Did they not see the last time we played this team?'' That last time was a 42-13 victory in December, also in Seattle. Sherman later said: "A lot of things were said this week that we didn't appreciate. We did what we expected to do."

I mean seriously, even I was bewildered when a good portion of people thought the 49ers had this, even though in my mind and those who know the Seahawks well, this game was headed towards a blowout from the start. Russell Wilson probably played his worst game I've seen in a while (at least 10 regular season games) but even that couldn't keep the 49ers in the game.

As Sherman said, you all really look like idiots.

I mean game was in SEATTLE

136.6 decibels! Hawks fans break Guinness mark for loudest stadium
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawk...cene16xml.html

Last edited by GP_20 : 09-18-2013 at 03:47 PM.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #495
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
GOAT punt

75 yards...nailed it right in the corner on the 1

that is like a hole-in-one in golf

he also had more amazing punts that game...Colquitt should be a lcok for All Pro...it is very rare to see a punter as a big dominating factor during a game

That was incredible.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: