Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #31
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: New iPhones 5 C/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Only time will tell. First Impressions, not too bad. I mean this might not have been revolutionary as the first iPhone, but what else could Apple do? What is truly innovative nowadays?

The 5S is an improvement afterall. 64 bit? The Fingerprint Scanner wasn't bad at all. A new way to keep your phone safe from nosy people without actually entering a passcode each time. It's probably the biggest notable feature on the 5S anyways. That being said, I don't recall another phone having a fast or reliable fingerprint scanner. Actually I don't remember any phone having that. Hope it actually works out.

The iPhone 5Cs is just . Way too feminime for my liking. Ffs look at the cases that they released with them! I don't see how that's gonna help increase market share, it's still $550. Hardly cheap.

That being said, I'm happy with my iPhone 5 and see no reason to upgrade. the 4, 4S and 5 are all getting the iOS7 update anyways.

@ the covers… they do look like those shoes. I thought it was a big fail for Apple to talk about covers, to even make them at all is a big fail imo. I mean seriously, why even promote the new colors if people are gonna cover them up? I never understood people's fascination with phone covers. I know people that buy covers before their iPhone. These same people will obssess over which color to buy only to cover it up with their big ass covers. I rock mine with a very thin minimalist bumper, hardly noticeable.

In regards to the fingerprint scanner, The Atrix had it but apparently was implemented poorly.

The finger id will eventually evolve into something more and that's where it stops being a gimmick and becomes something very useful.

People also forget the importance of apps. Can't wait to see how apps are gonna evolve with the new OS and 64 bit. There's gonna be apps we've never thought off that are gonna be bonkers.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
@ the covers… they do look like those shoes. I thought it was a big fail for Apple to talk about covers, to even make them at all is a big fail imo. I mean seriously, why even promote the new colors if people are gonna cover them up? I never understood people's fascination with phone covers. I know people that buy covers before their iPhone. These same people will obssess over which color to buy only to cover it up with their big ass covers. I rock mine with a very thin minimalist bumper, hardly noticeable.
They're probably plugging the covers because Moto X will be all colorful and ****.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #33
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

IPhone 5c covers scare me. I have tryophobia
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #34
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
They're probably plugging the covers because Moto X will be all colorful and ****.

I mean, I understand WHY they're plugging them so hard. I don't get the 'covers' tho.

I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people will cover them up with an ugly ass cover. And the people that are gonna be hyped over the gold 5s will end up covering it up with a big ugly case.

I understand people wanna protect them, but all you need is a small bumper to do so.

If people still clamor for their case, why worry about the color?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #35
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

I guess you all missed the point of how it records your fingerprints. Oh well.

Let's talk about how it has more power and battery life along with the camera.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Speaking of covers, I got an iPhone 5 from work and I've dropped it 3 times already. I'm thinking I should get a cover for it. Any ideas on what's a good cheap cover? Preferably something I can clip on my pants. I usually hate covers but I'll make an exception for a work phone.

Last edited by nightprowler10 : 09-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #37
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
I guess you all missed the point of how it records your fingerprints. Oh well.

Let's talk about how it has more power and battery life along with the camera.
It's stored locally and the prints aren't shared or stored with Apple or app devs. Not only that but the phone has to physically detect your print.

Even then you need to enter a passcode to set it up and/or remove.

So it shouldn't be tricked with a pic of your thumb or a lifted print using putty.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #38
Rose
Roses Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I mean, I understand WHY they're plugging them so hard. I don't get the 'covers' tho.

I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people will cover them up with an ugly ass cover. And the people that are gonna be hyped over the gold 5s will end up covering it up with a big ugly case.

I understand people wanna protect them, but all you need is a small bumper to do so.

If people still clamor for their case, why worry about the color?
I get why people do it with all the iPhones post-3GS. The glass casing can break, and when it does it looks horrible. People care about that. I keep mine in an otterbox most of the time because I'm afraid to crack the screen. Even though I rarely drop my phone it's something that I'm not risking given I paid how many hundreds for it? Another $25 investment is something I can easily spend to make it a bit safer.

However when I had a 3gs on it I just threw on a screen protector and occasionally would put a bumper on it if I was going somewhere where if I dropped it, it would hit several stairs. If I upgrade from the 4S to a 5C, I'll probably do the same as I did with the 3GS.

However I agree with the bolded.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #39
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

I really like that they are finally offering more colors. I've had a red case because I like the color red but to now have different colors is amazing. I like both the 5c and 5s equally. Might end up getting the 5s silver for christmas.

one thing that frustrates me, and shareholders have let apple know, is the stupidity of a plastic phone being $600 without a plan. really? you money hungry bastards. you already have 55% margins yet decide to insult our intelligence by making a piece of plastic with some software $600 without a plan. pathetic. if with the plan it's $100, it should be $200 without it.

Last edited by It's A VC3!!! : 09-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #40
flipogb
College superstar

I feel like if its half the price of 5s with contract then it should be close to that off-contract. so so anywhere from $350-450 would have looked much better.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #41
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I don't do contracts.
Have you changed your provider in the last two years? Smh..

If you don't know which provider you like by now and wouldn't want to take advantage of getting deals on phones you should do some self evaluation.
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #42
flipogb
College superstar

^^T-Mobile $30 prepaid, best deal for those who really just need data and calling just for emergencies. 5gb data/100 minutes/ unli-text.

any contract price isn't a "deal" , price a nexus 4 and a prepaid contract for 2 yrs and youl see what a real "deal" is.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #43
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
^^T-Mobile $30 prepaid, best deal for those who really just need data and calling just for emergencies. 5gb data/100 minutes/ unli-text.
any contract price isn't a "deal" , price a nexus 4 and a prepaid contract for 2 yrs and youl see what a real "deal" is.
Smh.

"Calling only for emergencys"??? Lolololplolololp.

You are a texting teenager.

Or a complete moron.

Or make minimum wage.

Or all the above.
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I paid $700 for my S4. I can do mad shit with it. Better camera still. Multi-task.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #45
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

So nobody concerned NSA now will have your metadata, can listen to your calls and can locate you at any given time if you're using the new iPhone? I bet that shit would even stand in court, as a sufficient proof of location. I alone?
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: