Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 10-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Kyrie Irving healthy, stronger and dedicated to being the best

A few days before Dion Waiters began strutting in front of the media wearing skin-tight shirts to show off his new upper body, Kyrie Irving sat on a podium during media day interviews and admired his growing biceps.

“I’m just going to come out and say it: I look good,” Irving said to a room of laughter. “This is probably the best I’ve felt coming into a season, just from the standpoint I’ve been healthy the whole offseason. There haven’t been any problems. I dedicated myself to my craft and what I want to be and what I want to accomplish with this team.”

Yes, the Cavs are growing stronger, both figuratively and physically.

-- Akron Beacon Journal
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Kyrie Irving healthy, stronger and dedicated to being the best

No player coming off his rookie deal has declined a max contract from the team that drafted him, and aside from sulking toward the end of last season, Irving has never really given the impression he wants out. When he won the MVP of the Rising Stars challenge during his rookie season, he instructed the photographer shooting him with his trophy to, “Make sure you get the Cleveland,” referring to his jersey. He also laughed off a report from a New York radio station during the summer that he would leave Cleveland at his first opportunity.

Still, given the fragile psyche of Cleveland fans and the painful history of the way James departed, fans will likely remain nervous Irving will leave up until he signs an extension.

-- Akron Beacon Journal
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Default Re: Kyrie Irving healthy, stronger and dedicated to being the best

I have almost no doubt he'll resign with Cleveland. The issue is what happens after that next contract is over.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: