Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Harsh words for Dwight on Lakers Legends: Showtime Revisited

Coop calls him Dwight "Coward." Scott says he didnt have it in his heart to handle the pressure and took the easy way out. Kareem says Kaman will bring consistency that they never could count on with Dwight. They sound a bit salty but clearly he didn't really have it in him to be a Lakers legend. The criticism warranted? Plus, man Worthy calling the Lakers a 5th/6th ranked team in the West and the dangerous team in the playoffs kinda had me

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2...seasons-lakers
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Harsh words for Dwight on Lakers Legends: Showtime Revisited

All of these things about Dwight and handling pressure may definitely seem obvious. But is it Dwight's fault if he never wanted to be here in the first place? I noticed after the first few weeks that maybe it wasn't such a good idea because of how he wasn't fitting in well.

It could just be that he didn't want to be a laker.

What do you think ihatetimthomas? Long time by the way brother.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

& I thought the Lakers hanging Shaq's jersey up the wall got Dwight thinking.

Dwight: *Looks up* "Man, I want mine there 1 day too."

I guess that didn't get to him.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
All of these things about Dwight and handling pressure may definitely seem obvious. But is it Dwight's fault if he never wanted to be here in the first place? I noticed after the first few weeks that maybe it wasn't such a good idea because of how he wasn't fitting in well.

It could just be that he didn't want to be a laker.

What do you think ihatetimthomas? Long time by the way brother.

Whats up lakerfreak? Yeah it has been a while but I think I'm going to post a bit here and there every so often.

You do make a good point. Maybe he just really didn't want to be here. It could have nothing to do with the pressure and all of that. It could simply be he did not want to be here. He has come out saying he didn't want to play with Kobe and Dantoni too. But overall, I just never got that warrior winning mentality from him. And based on his personality, I do think he takes things personally and its tough to deal with that kind of pressure in LA.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I noticed as well that he had himself some nice games. But I did not see that "warrior" mentality either. He was just playing pickup basketball. You good still be pretty good at pick up ball and win some NBA games IMO.

We are kind of in a tough spot seeing that we might get really unlucky and land noone in free agency next year. But something needs to happen. Kobe might need to finally come out and declare that this is his last season.

He's good enough to be a team's leading scorer, but I don't think he's good enough to lead them to championships anymore.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

He aint here, it's time to move on and stop talking about him.....at least until we play against him.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I noticed as well that he had himself some nice games. But I did not see that "warrior" mentality either. He was just playing pickup basketball. You good still be pretty good at pick up ball and win some NBA games IMO.

We are kind of in a tough spot seeing that we might get really unlucky and land noone in free agency next year. But something needs to happen. Kobe might need to finally come out and declare that this is his last season.

He's good enough to be a team's leading scorer, but I don't think he's good enough to lead them to championships anymore.

Kobe's days as leading a team to a title are over. It was over even before he went down last year. And even he realized he needs players and needed Dwight to take him there. He can be a vet leader, but you need a guy as good or better than him to win a title.

This could very well be Kobe's last year. If he is 100% and just cannot play at a level he is accustomed to, I do not see him dragging on his career. And this injury has not been kind to players in the past. I hope he can come back at a high level, but I am also a realist and accept this could be the end for him.

Next years free agents start with Lebron, and the rest are meh to me. I mean, Melo is the next up in the rankings but I do not see him as a guy who will lead us to a title. But I guess if he wants to come, Lakers will more than likely pay him
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: