Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Nostalgia my a@S

Some of you peons love to throw the word 'nostalgic' as an insult. No matter what points we make, that's the crutch that some of you rely on when in doubt. And the rest of the minions follow suit LOLing to the comment.

But as evidence that some of us aren't nostalgic for the sake of not letting go of the past, I will say this:

Current television>>>> past eras

By current I mean new generation 2K on.

I'll even take it a step further….

Movies today>>> past eras

I'm looking forward to a debate with fellow old timers.

Peace out
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
DonD13

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nostalgia my a@S

i think every era produces it's own masterpieces and it's own garbage
DonD13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my era is the best and will always be.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
DonD13

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh wait are you making this thread to make you look more legit when you say that freakin Ja Rule is better than any rapper today?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
i think every era produces it's own masterpieces and it's own garbage

Yes no doubt, that can be said about everything.

But what I mean is, the overall quality>>>

Yes, that's including all the reality tv as well. There was tons of shitty shows back then, worse than reality tv. The problem is, there's more options, more channels so of course it's gonna appear like there's more.

I always like to compare their equals or things on the same level… ie

The best vs the best
The average vs the average
The poor with the poor

Today's tv shows ends up winning overall.

Music not so much.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

90's television>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current

Seinfeld>>>All
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #7
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

okay if it's not nostalgia then it just means u don't actually like the genre of music. which is what me and rad have always said.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
oh wait are you making this thread to make you look more legit when you say that freakin Ja Rule is better than any rapper today?

Did I ever state that?

Post the actual quote.

If you're gonna accuse me of something at least take the time to read properly.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #9
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
okay if it's not nostalgia then it just means u don't actually like the genre of music. which is what me and rad have always said.
You're a wigga tho
Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
DonD13

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Yes no doubt, that can be said about everything.

But what I mean is, the overall quality>>>

Yes, that's including all the reality tv as well. There was tons of shitty shows back then, worse than reality tv. The problem is, there's more options, more channels so of course it's gonna appear like there's more.

I always like to compare their equals or things on the same level… ie

The best vs the best
The average vs the average
The poor with the poor

Today's tv shows ends up winning overall.

Music not so much.

without knowing too much about it I say TV shows yes but movies no.
they are way better done in terms of special effects but lack depth.

what do you mean by music?
I don't think anybody can **** with the Mozarts, Chopins and Beethovens of the world.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #11
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

when u only like one pretty specific sound/style/era of a genre u aren't actually into that genre. it's the same as only watching baseball and then trying to say or pretend u fck with all sports. it doesn't work.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #12
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
90's television>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current

Seinfeld>>>All

Curb and AD would like to have a word with you.

Also, was there a show as good as Daily Show wtih Jon Stewart in the 90s? if one wants to go back at satirical news analysis I guess it would be the Smothers Brothers. SNL only has a small segment and even they've had their ups and downs.

The 90s was edgy and groundbreaking I'll give you that.

But the 2K era is an evolution of that.

90s had LIving Color, 2k era had Chapelle Show… smarter funnier, that's just an example.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do you care? If someone likes something different than you, do you feel obligated to prove them that the things you like >>> things they like?
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #14
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

but what i don't understand is why there are so many posters on here who are exactly like u. can u guys just migrate to okayplayer and leave this poor forum alone?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
without knowing too much about it I say TV shows yes but movies no.
they are way better done in terms of special effects but lack depth.

what do you mean by music?
I don't think anybody can **** with the Mozarts, Chopins and Beethovens of the world.

Movies I thought about before posting what I did, but there was plenty of bad films back then too.

Like I mentioned, I like to compare apples to apples.

I'm not gonna compare 'No Country for Old Men' to 'Speed'.

I'm gonna compare 'Speed' to 'Transporter' or some other high grossing action film. In this case, Transporter ends up winning.

That's basically what I did with Ja Rule. I compared a pop/club singing rapper to somebody else in a similar mode.

Apples to Apples

People were saying Drake was original cause he sang and rapped, cause he talked about his emotions and females and shit, so I brought up their 90 counterparts Ja Rule and Pm Dawn.

Apples to apples

I didn't compare Gucci Mane to Nas and shit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: