Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
FiveRings
Banned

FiveRings has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nostalgia my a@S

Ja Rule is definitely > Drake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgtjkHugoY

Rap was overall better in the 90's and early 2000's, but I personally like J Cole even more than someone like Biggie, and almost as much as Nas and Pac.

Miley Cyrus > Elvis Presley. jk

Last edited by FiveRings : 09-18-2013 at 01:00 AM.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #32
Rose'sACL
Good college starter

Rose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
Current video games >>>>
The problem most people have with today's games is that they are too easy and hold your hand too much and have too many cut scenes in the name of storytelling(which is worse than most mediocre movies) which that is true for most of the games but they are being made for kids or for people who get to play the game for not more than an hour a day. Adults with jobs have lesser time to play video game for hours.

Hardcore gamers still get plenty of difficult games on PC and in great numbers too so both type of gamers have a choice.

The only thing that was way better in the past was music and i don't think any one will disagree about that.
TV is definitely better if you know what to watch and movies are a little worse.
Rose'sACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

if you're talking about popular movies you're out your damn mind.

Maybe indie shit, but I dunno. Movies are so bad now.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #34
atljonesbro
National High School Star

atljonesbro has decent reputation

The problem is everyone wants to have a hipster mentality so they "sound smarter". They'll always so older or obscure forms of whatever you're talking about is better so they sound like they have more knowledge past the current whatever that's popular. At the same time however they'll sometimes do it to fit in or don't "sound dumb". I mean lets be serious here, most people say Tupac is the greatest rapper because that's what they're told and it's the normal opinion, not because they actually think he is. They don't want to "sound dumb" saying what they actually think.
atljonesbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #35
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
... But as evidence that some of us aren't nostalgic for the sake of not letting go of the past, I will say this:

Current television>>>> past eras

By current I mean new generation 2K on.

I'll even take it a step further….

Movies today>>> past eras ...
you gotta be joking in terms of movies. if anything, other than indy and international, hollywood has been in decline for decades. i have rarely seen a bigger collection of steaming horse shit than modern american movies.

but i'll give you television, i'll give you eyes of blue... but don't forget-- people here seem to think some of the greatest masterpieces of TV didn't exist because it happened before they were children.

M*A*S*H
i love lucy
all in the family
faulty towers
twin peaks
roots
shogun
smothers brothers
kids in the hall
monty python
etc etc

AFAIK all came BEFORE seinfeld.

Last edited by gigantes : 09-16-2013 at 08:45 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #36
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
you gotta be joking in terms of movies. if anything, other than indy and international, hollywood has been in decline for decades. i have rarely seen a bigger collection of steaming horse shit than modern american movies.

but i'll give you television, i'll give you eyes of blue... but don't forget-- people here seem to think some of the greatest masterpieces of TV didn't exist because it happened before they were children.

M*A*S*H
i love lucy
all in the family
faulty towers
twin peaks
roots
shogun
smothers brothers
kids in the hall
monty python
etc etc

AFAIK all came BEFORE seinfeld.

Twin Peaks started in '90, Seinfeld in '89. FYI
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #37
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Twin Peaks started in '90, Seinfeld in '89. FYI
ah, okay, ty. i also edited out deadwood for the same reason, but would have loved to have listed it.

and the wonder years... nice show... groundbreaking even... but just a little too sappy and formulaic at times.

if the simpsons had wrapped up after about 6 - 7 seasons, it would have made the list, too, since it technically started before seinfeld.

also tonnes of great PBS stuff, like nova and such. 60 minutes used to be pretty good too, along with washington week and some others....
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #38
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Old shit > new shit.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #39
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

1989 Batman > all
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #40
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
how are movies now overall better than past movies ? is it because of the special effects ? lol .. some of the best movies are not from this era
lol yup
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #41
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Some of you peons love to throw the word 'nostalgic' as an insult. No matter what points we make, that's the crutch that some of you rely on when in doubt. And the rest of the minions follow suit LOLing to the comment....

I'm looking forward to a debate with fellow old timers.
how about you get your lazy ass together, dude?

don't be starting such topics and then bailing when you hear the ice-cream man music playing in your neighborhood.

andgar-nine-twenty-three... a solid bro, or a clown who needs his makeup freshened? either way, i'll pay.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #42
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
how about you get your lazy ass together, dude?

don't be starting such topics and then bailing when you hear the ice-cream man music playing in your neighborhood.

andgar-nine-twenty-three... a solid bro, or a clown who needs his makeup freshened? either way, i'll pay.

Been too tired and lazy.

It was fun to do at the moment cause I was bored and wanted to kill time. It riled up people (not trolling, just making things interestng).

I'm not too strongly opinionated on for or against, cause I agree with the counter argument. I may come back and revisit this and counter claims for the hell of it later on (if I'm in the mood). I usuall do that tho with most of my posts, I'll entertain them for a while then get tired or bored, move on to somethign else.

But I'm sure it helped kill time for some of you, which is what I was trying to do
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #43
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Been too tired and lazy.

It was fun to do at the moment cause I was bored and wanted to kill time. It riled up people (not trolling, just making things interestng). ...
TBH, i find your lack of morals, lack of self-belief, lack of interest and lack of character STRANGELY AROUSING.

well played, whoever you are.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: