Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Josh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputation
Default just my early NFL predictions/observations thus fart:

*fart sound*

I say/express this because this early in the season they likely don't mean squat; just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

To start, my Bengals are 2-0 and perhaps shocking to few, expected by many, even being in arguably the leagues toughest division minus the Browns (but like any other season there's buzz there - the Manzel addition, upgrade on defense in a defensive powerhouse league). We've already made the playoffs three years straight under Dalton, I don't see why four is out of the question.

What I do see as out of the question is how we're going to make it past the first round, regardless of who we play. Therein lies the million dollar question (or however many millions his contract is worth), is he capable of getting us to Round 2? Honestly, I don't know. I'm an old school Carson Palmer fan, so I'm biased on all accounts, but I hope he's "game manager" they all say he is ... because as talented as Cincinnati is both sides of the ball (especially on defense) it should be enough to get us past the got damn first round for once in something like 20 some seasons. I'm just sayin'...

A lot of fans, coaches, ownership, etc have a lot of faith in Dalton, and I believed early on in his career it put too much pressure on the kid, but he pulled through and won the division X number of times in as I stated before on the of the moist brutal divisions out there, many the AFC North right up there with the NFC East (and if it weren't with the inconsistency of Cleveland there'd be no question whatsoever), X number of wild card slots, etc basically what I'm getting at is while red headed dude is wildly inconsistent he's proven to be a guy who can get the job done when it counts ... IN THE -REGULA-R SEASON and/so in NOT SO BIG GAMES. Otherwise, there's "red" flags all over the place which is unfortunate, because this Cincy team right now is so damn stacked they're ready to win it all if they have the best "game manager" in place who can pull it off. The Bengals don't even need a Pro Bowl worthy QB IMO to win a SB if you want my honest opinion; just someone capable enough to make the plays that need to be made when they need to be made and NOT MAKE MISTAKES WHEN THEY CAN;T BE MADE. I know it sounds so much easier on paper, but that's the recipe for the Bengals to win it all this year.

_____

Outside the Bengals, I'll start with Carson Palmer. His shoulder injury could be season devastating, which is highly unfortunate because they were only a win or two away last season from making the playoffs in probably the most competitive division in all of the NFL last season. CP has had some of the worst luck any QB I've ever witnessed, and I'm not being biased here either. Dude is just one unlucky son of a bitch. If this is season ending for him, Arizona can pretty much kiss their season goodbye (as if they couldn't have already with both Seattle and San Fran being their division rivals). Honesty, if a healthy Palmer were playing in a moderately mediocre division like the AFC South, I think ARZ would have a legit shot at winning that division; winning with flying colors? Perhaps not, but tell me any flowers you know that look like the ugly ass colors of the Texans uniform?

While we're in the NFL West ... let's talk about the Rams. They're going to be a team that gets respect in the future. Like Arizona, it's so unfortunate they play with the likes of the Seahawks and 49ers for years to come. The Rams and Cardinals are (what would/could/should) have been great up and coming teams but with Seattle and San Fran overshadowing them, what chance do they really have?

I've already typed so much and my shit I'm sure is boring as fu*k so I'll just leave it at this for now and we'll talk more NFL junk later. Just go ahead, feel free to respond and roast me for the points I've already made and we'll take it from there. Thank you for reading, and as you spit 0n that Icehouse, Maddog 20/20, Sierra Nevada or something harder (like your boyfriend's cock aka "star"face ... "star" from all the supernovas that have ignited from other men's wankiez (and for those 7 year olds and sexually verbiage challenged who can't pick up on simple sarcasm) I illustrate to you in laymen's terms) just what the fuck is going on here.

At any rate, despite who's offended, who's unhappy with their team's results thus far, whoever wants to slice my throat with a knife (and I'm sure the number ranges in the thousands) - despite all that - this is already making to be one hell of a NFL season. So just sit back and enjoy the ride ... that is unless you're starface, who'll without question take it a step further by once again doing another mimic of a supernova by pulling down his pants and doing a "blast off" regardless of whether or not his team wins simply because he thinks it's cool and all the while he'll be doing a flexing of his right bicep if we're lucky as fashion is doing a custom animation of the bicep flex of homey doing the nasty holla hoop and all ... I doubt we'll get anything more than his three inch hand covering whatever you wanna call his shaft or whatnot, but personally, like last time, I can't wait to see the custom holla hoop in action; that's what cracked me up last time for hours on end. The dude (fashion) is a true gif-d genius while the other half he viciously embarrassed could do nothing but sit there, witness the same pic everyone else did and hold his head in shame. Poor, poor, starface.

Got damn, this looks like I'm going too hard at dude, spending too much time like I'm the one with the agenda issue taking it too far like it's me that's been mind-raped, not him; Yikes. I know it seems that way, but it's not. If you were to go back and count up all the random disses from one another .... it would be 100 starfaces to LOJ;s 1. We all know this. So this is my one random blunder just being drunk and looking for someone to pick on; nothing more and nothing less; At least I could admit that much. Sometimes the 151 gets the best of me. Not making excuses, just giving and explanation. To all a good night.

Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: just my early NFL predictions/observations thus fart:

Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Like every team, the Bengals have their weaknesses, but unlike most teams, none of their weaknesses are severe. Injuries are a bit of a problem right now, but they do most everything pretty well. They are passing and running the ball well right now, bolstered by an offensive line that allows very little penetration. On the other side of the ball, they have shown no signs of weakness following the loss of Zimmer. They have aging CB's, but they haven't shown signs of age yet. The line is putting heat on the QB, and they stop the run. This is a deep, talented team, and noone they play will be overwhelmingly better than them this year. It ultimately comes down to how they fare in the limelight in January.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No ****ing way i read all that but your bengals are good.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Browns >
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gates still has it.

That is all.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #7
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Josh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputation

Bengals win again today ... their "net points" greatly exceeds anyone's in the league (even with the Falcons 56/14 win today over Tampa). Pretty impressive thus far. We've made the playoffs three seasons in a row, I think one home game in there (which we lost of course). Three straight playoff appearances, three straight exits; yeah I'd say we have our "issues" ...
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:22 AM   #8
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At this point it looks like Bengals are the 3rd best team in the NFL after Seattle and Denver. They look great on both sides of the ball.

Even if Dalton chokes as he has in the past, the defense alone is probably good enough to get you guys a playoff win this year. I am thinking the most important factor in the bengals success is probably Marvin Lewis and his staff. If you gave that Bengals roster to a coach like Belichick, he would take them to a super bowl.

Last edited by Nanners : Yesterday at 02:30 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #9
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

The Bengals might be the best team in the AFC. Dalton is probably the weak link, and he's pretty good in the regular season. He just needs to not choke in the playoffs. It's very close between them and Denver. I'd probably take the Bengals actually...they're a more complete team imo.

Anyway, still not sure what to make of my Jets. They've looked fantastic at times, but they keep killing themselves with penalties, missed opportunities, turnovers, etc. The front 7 is absolutely beastly, but the secondary is definitely questionable. I hate to say it, but Milliner might be a bust...he can't stay healthy and was benched multiple times last year by a coach that is normally pretty reluctant about benching guys. He missed week 1, came back and played like crap last week, and he's out again tomorrow. Very frustrating.

As for Geno, he looks a lot better so far. He moves the ball somewhat consistently and has made a bunch of nice throws. He's running a lot more this year too, which is a good thing because it's resulted in some nice plays. He's still making some boneheaded errors though. He's gotta clean that up. Receiving corp is still kind of shitty, even with Decker. The run game is quite good with CJ and Ivory though, so that should help Geno out.

They choked away that Packers game, but I didn't expect them to win anyway. It sucks, but they've gotta move on. Pretty nervous about the Bears tomorrow. Those receivers are just beastly and the Jets corners obviously aren't great. Hopefully they can pressure Cutler into some errant throws. We'll see what happens....I just hope they don't embarrass themselves on a primetime game. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best, as I always do with the Jets.

Not sure why I typed all this out, but whatever.

Last edited by Heavincent : Yesterday at 03:30 AM.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: