Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #136
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Lavonte David should at the very least be a Top 5 candidate for DPOY.

117 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 interceptions, 1 safety/FF/FR.

1st LB ever with 6 and 5.

Leads all LB in TFL with 17 only behind Watt and Quinn.

He's also the signal caller and leader of the defense. While statistically the D is mediocre, it shouldn't detract anything at all from what a beast David has been this year.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #137
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Lavonte David should at the very least be a Top 5 candidate for DPOY.

117 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 interceptions, 1 safety/FF/FR.

1st LB ever with 6 and 5.

Leads all LB in TFL with 17 only behind Watt and Quinn.

He's also the signal caller and leader of the defense. While statistically the D is mediocre, it shouldn't detract anything at all from what a beast David has been this year.

Carbine has a raging hard-on for JJ Watt. He's not gonna be supplanted on this list.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #138
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

DPOY will be Luke K
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #139
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Carbine has a raging hard-on for JJ Watt. He's not gonna be supplanted on this list.

Or maybe nobody has been playing better than JJ Watt? Have you ever thought about that? Because that's the case. Find me one player on the defensive side of the ball playing better than Watt? I'll wait. He's the most dominant defensive player in football and it's not even close. He's elite in every facet of the game and has no flaws in his game whatsoever. Seriously if there's one thing to complain about his lists, JJ Watt should be the last complaint. The only thing stopping Watt from winning back to back DPOYs are his shitty teammates on defense and the team record. If it was just based on player performance, the award would already be locked up.
TheNaturalWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #140
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Pretty much.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #141
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Stats arent everything. Brady deserves to in the top 5 MVP discussion.

What he has done with the team around him is amazing.

Conversely I wouldnt have Rivers in my Top 5

Also I ding Watt for how bad his team is.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #142
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Or maybe nobody has been playing better than JJ Watt? Have you ever thought about that? Because that's the case. Find me one player on the defensive side of the ball playing better than Watt? I'll wait. He's the most dominant defensive player in football and it's not even close. He's elite in every facet of the game and has no flaws in his game whatsoever. Seriously if there's one thing to complain about his lists, JJ Watt should be the last complaint. The only thing stopping Watt from winning back to back DPOYs are his shitty teammates on defense and the team record. If it was just based on player performance, the award would already be locked up.

No doubt he is a great player, and probably the best defensive player in the league, but if this thread is supposed to be about "who will actually win", then I can pretty much guarantee you that he will not win the award.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #143
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Tom Brady is easily a top 3 MVP candidate at this point.
Earl Thomas or Luke Kuechly are my front runners for DPOTY.

David and Watt are incredible but they aren't winning. You're essentially telling us that team record doesn't matter for Watt's, why exactly?

For example, why didn't Kobe win MVP in 06' & 07'? Despite being clearly the best player in the league. Or Jordan in the late 80's? Putting up his most productive seasons statistically?

It's because team record does matter significantly. Luke K is the best defensive player on the best defensive team this season, he should win the award this season unless Carolina finishes the year on a weak note.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #144
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

DPOY is not MVP - making the connection between the NBA (your Kobe, MJ examples) does not make logical sense.

Watt is one man on a 52 man squad. Plus coaches (who matter more in the NFL than any other major sport)

The fact that he's having as good a season as last year but his team has 2 wins tells you all you need to know. Football is truly a team sport....I find it illogical to ding a defensive player in football because the team sucks.

This seems elementary to me. Like, anyone with an ounce of perspective wouldn't ding Watt because his team sucks.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #145
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
DPOY is not MVP - making the connection between the NBA (your Kobe, MJ examples) does not make logical sense.

Watt is one man on a 52 man squad. Plus coaches (who matter more in the NFL than any other major sport)

The fact that he's having as good a season as last year but his team has 2 wins tells you all you need to know. Football is truly a team sport....I find it illogical to ding a defensive player in football because the team sucks.

This seems elementary to me. Like, anyone with an ounce of perspective wouldn't ding Watt because his team sucks.

DPOTY in general are won by players that impact not only the team's defense but also their record. That's a common historical fact.

No one wins awards on lottery teams, not sure what's so hard to grasp?
Not a single person has Watt as DPOTY besides you; I haven't read an article where an analyst picked Watt as the winner (at this point). It doesn't mean he isn't the best defensive player it just means his production isn't as valuable to his team in terms of wins and losses. His team has lost like 10 straight, there's no way in hell he deserves the award.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #146
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

The ultimate goal is to win games, and despite Watt being an absolute monster; he's playing for a team that is really struggling.

Honestly though, if he was to win I wouldn't be mad because he is the most dominant speciment in the NFL defensively. However, his shot at winning is slim to none, IMO.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #147
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

"no one wins awards of lottery teams"

Their is precedence. It amazes me how people will just shoot of something as fact without at least researching before.

1992, Cortez Kennedy....team record 2-14....DPOY.

1987, Reggie White.....team record 7-8....no playoffs, DPOY

1997, Stahan....team record 7-9, no playoffs, DPOY

2006, Jason Taylor....team record 6-10, no playoffs, DPOY

Watt has been the best defensive player in football. That's why he deserves the award.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #148
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
No doubt he is a great player, and probably the best defensive player in the league, but if this thread is supposed to be about "who will actually win", then I can pretty much guarantee you that he will not win the award.

It's pretty obvious this is just a worship P. Manning thread and bash anyone else that Carbine hates.

The rankings have been consistently ridiculous for the most part season after season.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #149
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
It's pretty obvious this is just a worship P. Manning thread and bash anyone else that Carbine hates.

The rankings have been consistently ridiculous for the most part season after season.
Should Peyton be MVP?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #150
CelticBaller
lite kobe

^Euroleague is a troll my boy

I'll be happy if either Rivers, Wilson or Brady win it. Manning should get it though because he's playing like the best QB but fvck him
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: