Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #151
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Updated.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #152
Rose
Hero in a half shell
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Pole
Posts: 35,070
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Cam's at five and honorable mention.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #153
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,730
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Cam's at five and honorable mention.

Eh, Don't think Cam should be up there. Alex Smith has just as good as a case as Cam Newton.

I also think Charles should be top 3 candidate atleast. Dudes a monster
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #154
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Yep, Carolina is doing that well because of the defense. Smith is underrated, but I don't see why Charles should be in the top 3. Not that it matters since it's Manning's award.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #155
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Carolina has a better defense than offense, but their offense is very very good as well. They're 7th in points per possession. They're doing that well because they're an all-around team.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #156
Rose
Hero in a half shell
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Pole
Posts: 35,070
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Eh, Don't think Cam should be up there. Alex Smith has just as good as a case as Cam Newton.

I also think Charles should be top 3 candidate atleast. Dudes a monster
I agree. Honorable mention sure, but I don't see him as a top five.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #157
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Brady is at least #3 in MVP. This list is pretty much a complete joke to even consider otherwise. He's either 2nd or 3rd for MVP 100% guaranteed.

A guy that plays on a team with a 12 game losing streak is NOT winning the DPOY award.

Please get serious.

Last edited by Euroleague : 12-19-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #158
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Yeah while I do consider Watt the best defensive player in the NFL I don't think he had a shot in hell at winning DPOY. He doesn't have the numbers and he plays on the worst team in the league.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #159
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona
 
Hoodlum Science's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ℑoshua ζives
Posts: 752
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Do you guys think Carson Palmer is comeback player of the year. The one thing that doesn't look too attractive on his resume this season is his 17 INTs, and while ARZ's defense gets most credit for that team's success this season, Palmer certainly played a part, having some big time plays during crucial times.

(wait, am I allowed to even post that? I'm not entirely sticking to the topic, so now I'm just rambling. Sure to get flammed for that by trolls who have nothing better to do than monitor how and what I post. wait, maybe I was supposed to create a new/different thread about comeback player of the year; oh wait, no, can't do that either, because then it would look like I'm assuming this place is my personal blog spot. lose-lose, so nevermind. carry on).

Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #160
zoom17
Relax
 
zoom17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,715
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Mathis should win DMVP look how amazing he is this season without Dwight Freeney Also freeman was a great steal for the Colts
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #161
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,194
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17
Mathis should win DMVP look how amazing he is this season without Dwight Freeney Also freeman was a great steal for the Colts
certainly a much better choice than watt.

sherman is great too.

Peyton should win unanimously

Carbine, you are too pro watt and anti brady. I am not even a fan of brady.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #162
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,152
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
certainly a much better choice than watt.

sherman is great too.

Peyton should win unanimously

Carbine, you are too pro watt and anti brady. I am not even a fan of brady.


This is beyond obvious. This guy is blatant.

Watt is NOT even in the mix for this award, being on a team that has lost 13 games in a row. It's getting ridiculous now, having him always every week listed as the winner.

Brady probably locked up the #2 place in the MVP now, as Brees has really tailed off at the end of the season, and Brady worked miracles all season long with his team.

The award listing thread is too stats driven and way way too biased personally by Carbine, as Brady was clearly more VALUABLE to his team than any other player on that list not named Manning, and it's not even remotely close.

This guy lists him under "honorable mention"...........

No one could seriously argue Newton, Wilson, hell, he's had freaking Megatron the whole time ahead. A wide receiver on a team that missed the playoffs? REALLY?

Brees is barely getting his team to the playoffs with all those weapons, while Brady is fighting for a bye and maybe even a chance still at a 1 seed with a whole season of injuries and hardly having much too work with on offense and a defense losing its key players etc. Pulling off all kinds of miracle comeback wins, etc.

I mean freaking come on. A guy on a 13 losing streak team is defensive MVP...........

JUST STOP.

This thread has become ridiculous.

Last edited by Euroleague : 12-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #163
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 4,758
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Wish they had most improved.


It would be Jeffery or Gordon for sure.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #164
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,194
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Wish they had most improved.


It would be Jeffery or Gordon for sure.
What about Nick Foles.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #165
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
This is beyond obvious. This guy is blatant.

Watt is NOT even in the mix for this award, being on a team that has lost 13 games in a row. It's getting ridiculous now, having him always every week listed as the winner.

Brady probably locked up the #2 place in the MVP now, as Brees has really tailed off at the end of the season, and Brady worked miracles all season long with his team.

The award listing thread is too stats driven and way way too biased personally by Carbine, as Brady was clearly more VALUABLE to his team than any other player on that list not named Manning, and it's not even remotely close.

This guy lists him under "honorable mention"...........

No one could seriously argue Newton, Wilson, hell, he's had freaking Megatron the whole time ahead. A wide receiver on a team that missed the playoffs? REALLY?

Brees is barely getting his team to the playoffs with all those weapons, while Brady is fighting for a bye and maybe even a chance still at a 1 seed with a whole season of injuries and hardly having much too work with on offense and a defense losing its key players etc. Pulling off all kinds of miracle comeback wins, etc.

I mean freaking come on. A guy on a 13 losing streak team is defensive MVP...........

JUST STOP.

This thread has become ridiculous.

It's defensive player of the year, not defensive MVP.

Comparable to Offensive Player of the Year. How good your team is should not matter for this award.

Watt has tailed off the last two games, IMO. He could lose his spot at the top.

It's going to be a unanimous vote for Manning. Where anyone else ends up means nothing.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy