Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #76
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #77
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

You are a freaking moron.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #78
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Why is Brady a more valuable player than Peyton Manning?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #79
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Updated.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #80
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Through week 10:

MVP:

1) Peyton Manning
2) Brees
3) Russell Wilson
4) Rivers
5) Calvin

Honorable Mention: Stafford, Cam

Defensive MVP:

1: JJ Watt
2: Houston/Hali
4: Quinn
5: Mathis

Honorable Mention: Wilkerson, Mario, Suggs, Kuechly, Eric Berry, Sherman, Earl Thomas, Verner, Bowman, Cam Jordan, Hatcher

Initially I agreed with the list, because I thought you were strickly looking at the numbers and not the context. Then I seen you mention "context matters" and now I am completely lost.

You have Cam Newton on the HL but not Brady?! Is this some kind of a sick joke, do you hate the guy that much? His team is 7-2, for the first few weeks all he had to work with was rookie receivers who continuously dropped passes. The dude is easily a top 5 in MVP, yet you don't have him on your list at all. Just puzzling.

But the biggest joke is your DPOTY. Honestly, quit looking at the damn numbers and analyze the game. Panthers have the best defense in the league, despite their heart and soul secondary player being out since early in the year (Godfrey). Their secondary consists of a bunch of rookies with little experience, yet they are still 2nd in points allowed this season. Why? Because of their incredible front 7. It is easily the best in football. Now I love the Chiefs defensive line and they deserve the recognition but where is Charles Johnson & Greg Hardy?? They might not have as many sacks but please analyze the game. They put so much pressure week in and week out on QBs. If they had a strong secondary, they'd both be in double digits in sacks already. That's a prolific DE duo. They both deserve a honorable mention, or at least Charles Johnson does.

But my biggest beef is Luke Kuechly. Are you ****ing kidding me? Do you not watch many Panther games? The guy is arguably the best zone-coverage MLB in the league today; he has 3 INTs on the year already and consistently deflects passes. He is one of the fastest linebackers in the league and has amazing awareness for a 22 year old. Both Urlacher and R.lewis earlier in the year said they see a lot of themselves in Luke; he is just a natural MLB they say. It's not a coincidence he's the leader of arguably the best defense in the league. Carolina are 6-3 because of their defense not their offense. Carolina plays 4-3 defense therefore Luke is your prototypical 4-3 linebacker; which means he rarely blitz so he'll never double digit sack numbers but believe me, he can easily duplicate those numbers if asked.

I just think Luke is quite easily a top 5 DPOTY candidate, if not top 3. He might be the most intelligent defensive player in this league already, only in his sophmore year. Carolina didn't just become an elite defense by accident, those three players mentioned are absolute monsters.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #81
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Cam barely made it, he's very borderline at this point.

Tom Brady has not played up to the level of an MVP candidate. Regardless of who he's throwing the ball too, he hasn't done his job at an MVP level. "He" doesn't have him team at 7-2 either....they do have a top 5 defense and a GOAT coach (coaching matters, look how different the Saints look with Payton)

It's not like the HM list is in order. I'm well aware of how good Keuchly is.....but Kuechly does not deserve to be over any of those elite pass rushers in the top 5 at this point who also play the run either well, or dominant. Every single one of them are having monster years. I value elite pass rushers who also are very good to dominant in the run game more than a great MLB in today's passing league.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #82
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Tom Brady has not played up to the level of an MVP candidate. Regardless of who he's throwing the ball too, he hasn't done his job at an MVP level. "He" doesn't have him team at 7-2 either....they do have a top 5 defense and a GOAT coach (coaching matters, look how different the Saints look with Payton)

It's not like the HM list is in order. I'm well aware of how good Keuchly is.....but Kuechly does not deserve to be over any of those elite pass rushers in the top 5 at this point who also play the run either well, or dominant. Every single one of them are having monster years. I value elite pass rushers who also are very good to dominant in the run game more than a great MLB in today's passing league.
Tom Brady did do beastly in the Steelers game last week. Looks like him and our receivers now have chemistry together. He'll probably keep up this play the next few weeks. Now with Talib back after the bye, we'll be very good.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #83
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Earl Thomas too low Russell Wilson too high.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #84
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Peyton won this after the first week. Hope he takes back the passing TD record and sets the passing yards one
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #85
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Peyton is on pace for:

5776 yards, destroying the record.

59 Passing TD's, destroying the record.

He could average 250 yards per game from here on out and a little over 2 touchdowns per game and still wind up with a 5000 yard, 50 passing touchdown year which has never been done before.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #86
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Peyton is on pace for:

5776 yards, destroying the record.

59 Passing TD's, destroying the record.

He could average 250 yards per game from here on out and a little over 2 touchdowns per game and still wind up with a 5000 yard, 50 passing touchdown year which has never been done before.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah there is really no point even discussing MVP at all...Peyton's got it in the bag already

DPOY is interesting this year though...I am convinced Watt is the best defense player in the league, however the Texans are just so bad I could see that award going somewhere else
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #88
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah there is really no point even discussing MVP at all...Peyton's got it in the bag already

DPOY is interesting this year though...I am convinced Watt is the best defense player in the league, however the Texans are just so bad I could see that award going somewhere else

Watt is the best defensive player in the league and it's not even remotely close IMO. He's the only reason why the Texans' defense is even respectable. He literally carries this defense, it starts and ends with him. His numbers are down(as expected) but he's still playing the level he was last year. He honestly should be the easy pick for DPOY again but the Texans' struggles will probably hurt his chances. This dude is literally unreal. Never in my life did I think the Texans would find a player better than Andre, but Watt has already proven me wrong.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #89
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

You are a huge hater.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #90
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Not a hater at all. I've had Brady first, second, third routinely in the past few years because he has deserved it.

I asked you why Tom Brady was the MVP of the league so far. You didn't answer, did you?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: