Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Making the switch from iPhone to Galaxy S4

Thanks guys. Just got the phone a few hours ago and still messing around with it. I'll definitely download some of the apps you guys suggested.

The only one I've downloaded so far is MightyText which is really useful.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

I love swype, took me a while to get used to it though but now that I've got it down it feels so much more natural and quicker for me. I do know people who could never get the hang of it though so I guess it's a preference thing.
Good choice on the galaxy though, there's been about 12 galaxies (s1's s2's s3's and s4') in my family and the only issue we've seen was my girlfriend dropping her s2 on concrete and cracking the screen. Compared to when my girlfriend and a couple of my mates used iphones they all seemed to run into a lot more issues with the hardware (granted the apple store helped get the problems solved though)
outbreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #33
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm surprised none of you guys mentioned AirDroid or MightyText. Both have been very useful to me.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Thanks guys. Just got the phone a few hours ago and still messing around with it. I'll definitely download some of the apps you guys suggested.

The only one I've downloaded so far is MightyText which is really useful.
Download Show Box, best TV show app ever, has all episodes of almost every tv show ever aired fore free. I.e. Seinfeld, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Do yourself a favor and root your phone then install Cyanogen Mod 10.2.
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Hey guys, after 3+ years of using the iPhone, I finally saw the light and decided to make the switch over to a Droid. One of the main reasons I was reluctant to switch in the past was because I liked the ease of sync with my MacBook.

What are your favorite apps that not everyone knows about (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)?

Those of you that have this phone, how do you like it so far?

every Iphone user says "Droid". it is called Android, "droid" is a motorola phone on Verizon.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone have experience with the Galaxy Note series? I'm interested in getting the Note 3 but I don't know how I feel about getting a phone that size.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #38
HoopsFanNumero1
College superstar

HoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputationHoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputation

Some other good apps you might find useful:
ES File Explorer - there are other better looking ones but I found this to be the most functional
Evernote, Google Keep - Good note taking apps. Catch used to be my favorite, but unfortunately they shut down their services. If you're looking for an offline service, SomNotes might be a better alternative.
Flow - Great Reddit client
All google apps like Drive, Gmail, Google+, Maps, and Youtube
Quickpic - Much better than the default gallery app
Nova Launcher - Far better than Samsung's shitty UI
PushBullet - Great little app for pushing content to your phone from PC
qrSend - File transfer using WiFi
Titanium Backup - If you're rooted, get this app.

Last edited by HoopsFanNumero1 : 10-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #39
HoopsFanNumero1
College superstar

HoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputationHoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Anyone have experience with the Galaxy Note series? I'm interested in getting the Note 3 but I don't know how I feel about getting a phone that size.

My dad has a Note 2. It's a great phone but it's a tad too big for me, and I don't find the stylus all that useful since I don't take notes with it. If you actually plan on using it to take notes, then I'd imagine the screen size shouldn't be an issue for you. I mean, it's going to be hard to take notes on a screen size smaller than 5".

And if you don't have any use for the stylus, then why not go with the S4?
HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
My dad has a Note 2. It's a great phone but it's a tad too big for me, and I don't find the stylus all that useful since I don't take notes with it. If you actually plan on using it to take notes, then I'd imagine the screen size shouldn't be an issue for you. I mean, it's going to be hard to take notes on a screen size smaller than 5".

And if you don't have any use for the stylus, then why not go with the S4?

Yeah, I probably need to evaluate how much use I would get out of the stylus. I write myself sticky notes all the time at the office so it actually might be a great way for me to organize myself. However, I'm still a 23 year old guy who spends a lot of time at the bar and other social settings so I'm not sure I would want to carry something like that around all the time.

Realistically, I'll prob end up with the S4 or HTC One.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #41
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
I prefer ES File Explorer as a file manager. Best interface for a file manager I have ever used. Wish they made something similar for Windows, to be honest.

its great, I even have dropbox/box/skydrive/google drive all logged in to it.yes its overkill but having them one app just makes it feel like extra folders/space on my phone. but for now i really only use box and google drive out of those 2.

also set up your Google Music, I uploaded 20gb of my music on there and I can listen to it anywhere without using any space on my phone
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #42
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love the size of my Note 2. It's not too big for me, but I was actually looking for something this big. I think it took me a few days to get used to the size, but now I can't imagine using a smaller phone.
nightprowler10 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: