Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Eddie Murphy - Red Light ft. Snoop Lion

Yes or no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiiFzKfuPMk
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Eddie Murphy - Red Light ft. Snoop Lion

Yes.

It's quite good.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Sounds purty good to me. A comment on youtube stood out to me though: "Is Eddie Murphy taking himself seriously or is he trolling ? o_O"

Doesn't seem like he's trolling though. Reggae is the mature black man's music.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Sounds purty good to me. A comment on youtube stood out to me though: "Is Eddie Murphy taking himself seriously or is he trolling ? o_O"

Probably from someone that doesn't realize he was a singer back in the day too?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

its not bad, not bad at all. reggae is gonna blow up in the next couple of years in the mainstream, and while this track is decent I cringe to think of some of the shit that is gonna be pumped out.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=265528
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Nice. New music video is better though I think.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Still Eddie's greatest song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDxCQdomoQ
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Eddie and Snoop both got songs on GTA 5
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #10
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

I approve. Well done.

So sick of shit reggae songs about nothing.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's actually GOOD.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #12
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

It's actually GOOD.

If you are so surprise....then you don't have good judgement about music... or at least reggae.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:52 AM   #13
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
If you are so surprise....then you don't have good judgement about music... or at least reggae.

I don't know much about raggae, or any at all.

But I was expecting a mediocre song. This was anything but mediocre, and that was basically my point.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #14
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a HUGE Eddie Murphy fanboy. I mean, I wanted to be Eddie Murphy when I was growing up. I can recite every word from Delirious and Raw... and pretty much every decent movie he's every been in.

That said, the song is good, but I'm finding it real hard to take Eddie serious as a reggae artist... especially with an appearance from "Snoop Lion". There's something to be said for authenticity in music, especially in the reggae genre.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #15
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
That said, the song is good, but I'm finding it real hard to take Eddie serious as a reggae artist... especially with an appearance from "Snoop Lion". There's something to be said for authenticity in music, especially in the reggae genre.

I don't see why not. If they were fronting as full blown rastas then I might take them less seriously. I know Snoop has sort of adopted those ideas but he is still acting like Snoop.

Reggae as a genre is like any other genre. If you like it try your hand at it. Why not? Crossing genres is where new styles of music is made.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: