Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #496
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
man...typical Carbine being a complete fggit

I just posted an article stating that Dallas is using a Tampa-2 D



I guess you are saying that because the safeties aren't in a cover-2 that it can't be labeled a "Tampa-2"?...Is that what you're getting at?


and I said "zones" take advantage of turnovers moreso than m2m...go ahead and dig that up in this thread if you want



I'm not saying it, BTW.....Greg Cosell is.

I haven't watched enough Cowboys games and at the proper angles to know what they are running. But Greg does....so if he says they haven't really been playing Tampa 2, you can take it as fact.

The whole point is the Cowboys aren't creating turnovers because of the Tampa 2, which was your premise - they're creating them by causing fumbles (has nothing to do with what scheme you play) and getting a pick here and there.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #497
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Cowboys force six turnovers, hold off Giants

Many in Big D wondered whether the 73-year- old Monte Kiffin could still get his defense to generate a plethora of turnovers.

The ageless one won't be questioned again anytime soon.

Especially after he helped end the curse at "Jerry's World."

Brandon Carr's game-sealing 49-yard interception return for touchdown late in the fourth quarter lifted the Dallas Cowboys to a 36-31 triumph over the New York Giants on Sunday night.

New York were down by as many as 17 in the third quarter, but the Giants whittled away at the margin and had the ball with 2:41 left and trailing, 30-24.

On a 1st-and-10 at their own 48, though, Eli Manning's pass intended for Da'Rel Scott went off his hands and into the arms of Carr, who scampered in for Dallas' second defensive touchdown to make it 36-24 with 1:50 to go.

The Giants, who had been unbeaten in four prior trips to the $1.2 billion AT&T Stadium, tallied three of their six turnovers within the first 6:10 of the game.

"You're not going to win anything with minus-five in turnovers," Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said. "There's no way."

The Cowboys (1-0), coming off a pair of 8-8 campaigns and a third straight year missing the postseason, decided to make the change from Rob Ryan's intricate 3-4 scheme to Kiffin's 4-3 Tampa 2.

Dallas' defense forced a franchise-low 16 giveaways under the leadership of Ryan last season.

During Kiffin's tenure as the defensive coordinator of the powerhouse Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1996-2008, his defense averaged 19 interceptions, 12 fumble recoveries and 39 sacks a year.

"It's been a huge point of emphasis," Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said of the turnovers. "That was the difference in the ballgame."


Barry Church forced a fumble and returned one 27 yards for a score for the Cowboys, who also made some changes on the offensive side of the ball as Garrett relinquished his play-calling duties to new offensive coordinator Bill Callahan.

Tony Romo, who inked a six-year contract extension in late March, was 36-of-49 for 263 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in the triumph. Jason Witten caught eight passes for 70 yards and two scores, Miles Austin tallied 72 yards on 10 receptions and DeMarco Murray ran for 86 yards on 20 carries.

Manning was 27-of-42 for 450 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions for New York (0-1), which has missed the playoffs in three of its last four seasons. Victor Cruz registered 118 yards receiving and three scores on five receptions in defeat.

Church's defensive score in the third preceded another Giants miscue a few minutes later when a Chris Jones punt bounced and ricocheted off of Trumaine McBride, who was blocking on the return. Devonte Holloman recovered the loose ball for Dallas and Romo hit Witten for a 4-yard TD reception to stake Dallas a 27-10 advantage with 4:55 left in the quarter.

Manning's 18-yard scoring strike to Cruz near the end of the third and another one to him midway through the fourth, a 10-yard score, were wrapped around Dan Bailey's 45-yard field goal to pull New York within 30-24 with 8:54 to play.

Earlier, despite Dallas forcing the three quick New York giveaways in the opening frame, the Cowboys only managed to score once on Bailey's 30-yard field goal on their first possession of the contest.

Dallas drove deep into New York territory later in the stanza. The Cowboys faced a 3rd-and-11 at the 14, but Ryan Mundy intercepted Romo's pass and returned it 91 yards down to the Dallas 1-yard line.

New York, though, was unable to punch the ball across the goal line and settled with a Josh Brown 20-yard field goal to tie the score.

Bailey answered Brown's boot with a 38-yarder on Dallas' next touch, and following a Giants three-and-out, Romo capped a nine-play, 71-yard trek with a 15-yard TD strike to Witten for a 13-3 Dallas spread.

Manning hit Cruz for a 70-yard score down the left sideline four plays later to get the Giants within 13-10 heading into the break.

Game Notes

In the final minute of the first half, Romo temporarily left the game after having the wind knocked out of him after Mathias Kiwanuka and Justin Trattou sandwiched him ... Dallas held a 37:10-22:50 edge in time of possession.

you need to call them and inform them they are wrong Carbine...Dallas doesn't play a Tampa-2

you need to call all the sports media in fact...give the good old GoBB "talkin out your ass" slogan...and follow it up with a "fck outta here"
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #498
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine


I'm not saying it, BTW.....Greg Cosell is.

I haven't watched enough Cowboys games and at the proper angles to know what they are running. But Greg does....so if he says they haven't really been playing Tampa 2, you can take it as fact.

The whole point is the Cowboys aren't creating turnovers because of the Tampa 2, which was your premise -
well our debate in here was morso about zone vs. m2m than the exact literal defintion of "Tampa-2"...Everyone here is calling it a "Tampa-2" okay?...wheather it is by definition or not IDK

we are also playing m2m as well...all defenses today play a mix of m2m and zone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
they're creating them by causing fumbles (has nothing to do with what scheme you play) and getting a pick here and there.
I disagree with that completely

zones are better for getting ints, like seen in the Carr play I posted, and probably fumbles as well than m2m is...as a man is nearby to jump on loose balls.

why doesn't every team do a zone then? zones are bad in that good QBs like Peyton or Rodgers can pick them apart fairly easy...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #499
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Defense to focus on turnovers

New coaches want players going for loose balls, creating a new mindset

Quote:
But if Kiffin's Tampa 2 defensive scheme helps the Cowboys create turnovers, then no one will be making jokes about a 73-year-old defensive coordinator.

Quote:
Dallas will play more zone than man-to-man in the scheme, which helps generate turnovers.

In a zone defense, the defensive backs and linebackers typically keep the action in front of them, allowing them to read the quarterback and react more easily to tipped and deflected passes.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ting-turnovers


you have NEVER understood zone vs. m2m and you made that clear in all of your CB logs

fckin have to teach you football 101 and shit...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #500
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Oakland Raiders, a team you have been saying plays man defense all the time....was 3rd in league in FF's in 2007. The Colts under a Tampa 2?

27th.

Has nothing to do with what scheme you run.

I don't even know what your babbling about anymore.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #501
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Oakland Raiders, a team you have been saying plays man defense all the time....was 3rd in league in FF's in 2007. The Colts under a Tampa 2?

27th.

Has nothing to do with what scheme you run.

I don't even know what your babbling about anymore.
yeah just read the links I posted and accuse them of "babbling"...if you just take your head out of your pussy and actually read you might learn something.

I mean common fcking scense should tell you that different defensive schemes have different effects on what happens to the fckin ball in the game...just try using logic instead or pretending everything is equal.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #502
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Dallas will play more zone than man-to-man in the scheme, which helps generate turnovers.

In a zone defense, the defensive backs and linebackers typically keep the action in front of them, allowing them to read the quarterback and react more easily to tipped and deflected passes.

^^^ just read that part only if you want

Ponder it for a few minutes...give it a few minutes to sink in...maybe it will hit you



^^^ then look at that


is there a ding ding ding for you yet???
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #503
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,180
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I was there for the WPIAL basketball championship his senior year and he was a monster. He had a nearly a quad double or something (not sure if he got the assists) in the championship game and was just incredibly dominant. WPIAL basketball isn't great but he was a phenomenal athlete.

Just looked it up. Pryor's statline was 39 points 24 rebounds and 10 blocks. I think he was like #25 in the country as a bball recruit.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #504
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,501
Default Re: 2013 NFL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Just looked it up. Pryor's statline was 39 points 24 rebounds and 10 blocks. I think he was like #25 in the country as a bball recruit.
And wasn't he a wing (SF/SG)? Or at least that's what I remember him being listed as on the recruiting services. I mean you can see it on the football field. He has the foot speed/quickness to play on the perimeter at 6'5" or whatever he is, and it translates to the football field.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy