Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why are people so down on reality shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
1. They suck.
2. They put real writers, set builders, etc. out of work.
3. They aren't real.
4. They're mind meltingly stupid and repetitive.
5. It promotes fame-whoring, and the idea of 'celebrity'.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Come Dine with Me", is the only legit real reality show that's beast and that real thugs watch imo. Every time it's something different to offer from hotties, milfs, idiots and just really weird people preparing food for each other.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

They were played out 10 years ago. It was a clever idea at first but its long dead. Why we still have them is beyond me.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Also, potentially the biggest issues I have with reality shows, is the people they select. Most reality shows are filled with non-talented people (douche-bags typically) hoping to be celebrities.

My sister's boyfriend was trying out for one of these reality cooking shows for self-taught cooks. He made it through the first and maybe second round. And then came the interview portion.

Every person had some sob story about how important it was for them to be on this show.

Meanwhile, he's just there like, "Yeah, my life is alright. I have a decent job and I'm pretty happy with things."

You're not getting selected with that kind of attitude.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #20
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I mean, they usually suck, but I feel like a lot of people complain about them out of jealousy. Some of these people are rich famous for airing their relationship drama and allowing cameras to capture their every-night club fuckery for the world to see. No talent required.

Can't even hate though. They getting that bread.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would you want to watch a bunch of talentless people that aren't actors cry and shit? it's stupid
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #22
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Reality TV vs competition shows.

Not sure what the TV category names are, but reality TV and "reality" competition shows or whatever aren't the same type of show
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #23
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

A good "reality competition show" (or whatever) is on AMC right now, called The Pitch. Advertising teams compete to represent a big corporate brand.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #24
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
A good "reality competition show" (or whatever) is on AMC right now, called The Pitch. Advertising teams compete to represent a big corporate brand.

I never heard of that, sounds interesting.

This will sound weird, but I wanted to be in advertising because of Angela from 'Who's the Boss'.

And I agree, reality tv shows and comptition shows should be separated.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #25
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
people watch too much tv in general

Was going to post literally those exact words.

Surprised someone else beat me to it.

Well...... +1 i guess
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #26
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I like Ink Master...if that counts...throw a bunch of tattoo artists together and make them compete...some cool artwork comes out of it

American Idol? yuck...no thanks...I really don't give a shit who the next Clay Aiken will be

there is some kind of reality show currently being filmed here in Dallas staring 3 girls...forget what it is called but from what has leaked by others who were at some of the filmings it is all 100% staged. The have fake parties with fake fights and fake drama and then on top of that they dressed some of the people up with cowboy hats and make them talk with a fake 'Texas twang'...it is very much like WWF Wrestling

There are still millions of morons out there who will believe every second of it and it eat right up. Sadly.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #27
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I used to like survivor. I haven't watched it in a while.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #28
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This "people watch too much tv" is nonsense. I hardly watch any tv and I'm a complete waste of life.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
Groovy Kat
I brick open layups

Groovy Kat has decent reputationGroovy Kat has decent reputation

I love reality shows that are genuine. Almost all of them now days are obviously faked and I can't stand to even watch them.
Groovy Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #30
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I got a few favourites that I record: Operation Repo, South Beach Tow, Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery.

Past ones they don't show much any more...Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel, Black Gold, Mantracker, Jersey Shore lol, A Basement Affair, Full Throttle Saloon, All Worked Up

Oh and a recent one is Street Outlaws and before that LA Street Racers and Street Heat

Last edited by MadeFromDust : 09-22-2013 at 01:00 PM.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: