Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default angels and demons...

who believes that angels and demons are real? and explain your answer.
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: angels and demons...

not this bullish*t again...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
not this bullish*t again...
this iz a serious question, if u think they are not real then explain then.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good movie
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
Fresh Kid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
Good movie
Im not talking about no damn movie
Old 09-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

all the angles, demons etc or whatever battling for men's souls or whatever no one can really say for sure or not, but it's quite obvious there is a God, divine creator, or whatever you wanna call it/Him or whatnot. I can see and understand how the idea/argument of angels/demons comes off and sounds silly, but to say the same about God/Creator is beyond foolish and retarded. You want to look around you and say angels/demons being of existence is stupid, hey, to some extent I'm with you, but to look all around you and say there's no God; there's no ultimate Creator to all this, nah mang, try again.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
all the angles, demons etc or whatever battling for men's souls or whatever no one can really say for sure or not, but it's quite obvious there is a God, divine creator, or whatever you wanna call it/Him or whatnot. I can see and understand how the idea/argument of angels/demons comes off and sounds silly, but to say the same about God/Creator is beyond foolish and retarded. You want to look around you and say angels/demons being of existence is stupid, hey, to some extent I'm with you, but to look all around you and say there's no God; there's no ultimate Creator to all this, nah mang, try again.

How is it any more ridiculous to say that angels and demons exist than it is to say that god exists?

The both have the exact same amount of evidence. zero.

I respect your right to believe anything, but dont pretend there is any evidence that god exists or that belief in him is any more logical than believing in angels and demons.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

How is it any more ridiculous to say that angels and demons exist than it is to say that god exists?

The both have the exact same amount of evidence. zero.

I respect your right to believe anything, but dont pretend there is any evidence that god exists or that belief in him is any more logical than believing in angels and demons.

Your mindset is stuck in the common mentality of thinking of God as being nothing more than the magical man/face long bearded figure in the sky like some fairy tale and nothing more. This blows my mind.

You argue evidence, I argue faith. You argue tangible, I argue intangible. Lack of evidence doesn't prove there is no God. That's something you'll just have to accept. You'll have to accept it today, tomorrow and for the rest of your life.

I never pretended there's any concrete scientific evidence that proves the existence of God. Just like there's zero evidence He doesn't exist. It's supposed to be that way. It's a riddle that keeps man wondering... imagining, believing or not believing. If you don't believe, I don't blame or find fault in you or anyone who doesn't; I was once in that position too. I understand why one wouldn't believe; but what I don't understand is why some folks entirely 100% discredit there being the slightest chance of the-re being a God or ultimate creator. That to me is entirely silly.

Comparing angles/demons on the same plane as God is silly.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
Budadiiii
++_---++_-----_

Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Your mindset is stuck in the common mentality of thinking of God as being nothing more than the magical man/face long bearded figure in the sky like some fairy tale and nothing more. This blows my mind.

You argue evidence, I argue faith. You argue tangible, I argue intangible. Lack of evidence doesn't prove there is no God. That's something you'll just have to accept. You'll have to accept it today, tomorrow and for the rest of your life.

I never pretended there's any concrete scientific evidence that proves the existence of God. Just like there's zero evidence He doesn't exist. It's supposed to be that way. It's a riddle that keeps man wondering... imagining, believing or not believing. If you don't believe, I don't blame or find fault in you or anyone who doesn't; I was once in that position too. I understand why one wouldn't believe; but what I don't understand is why some folks entirely 100% discredit there being the slightest chance of the-re being a God or ultimate creator. That to me is entirely silly.

In what way do you believe in "God" ?

Do you think there is a grand designer that created this universe SPECIFICALLY for US humans? It's possible that we were created unintentionally by a much larger organism that we can't begin to comprehend, but believing in an afterlife based on - "intangible, faith, etc.. " In other words, survival instincts deluding your mind... is naive to say the least.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

You can argue or believe in anything from this point of view...

Proving a negative is usually not possible in many regards.. Saying there is no proof God DOESNT exist? thats not really saying anything.

Faith is the belief in something absent any evidence.. That means I can have faith that I will be awarded 72 virgins, a cadillac, and a Michael Jordan sized mansion in the sky when I die because no one can prove that I won't.

Not saying you cant believe whatever you like, but the two competing ideas are not on the same level..

One requires some sort of evidence as its foundation, and the other simply requires no evidence that it doesnt exist as its foundation
Old 09-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
In what way do you believe in "God" ?

Do you think there is a grand designer that created this universe SPECIFICALLY for US humans? It's possible that we were created unintentionally by a much larger organism that we can't begin to comprehend, but believing in an afterlife based on - "intangible, faith, etc.. " In other words, survival instincts deluding your mind... is naive to say the least.

I can't say I agree even though I understand where you're coming from. It isn't illogical for one to think/believe there's more to life than just the life we're given or all that we know.

Why is it so logical to think we live, we die, end of story? Why is it illogical to think there's something more to all this? If one can "believe" or have "faith" (because when you break it down, that's what it is, faith) there's nothing beyond death, I don't see how it's unequally faith-based for someone to believe there is something beyond the grave. It takes faith either way, does it not?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Budadiiii
++_---++_-----_

Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I can't say I agree even though I understand where you're coming from. It isn't illogical for one to think/believe there's more to life than just the life we're given or all that we know.

Why is it so logical to think we live, we die, end of story? Why is it illogical to think there's something more to all this? If one can "believe" or have "faith" (because when you break it down, that's what it is, faith) there's nothing beyond death, I don't see how it's unequally faith-based for someone to believe there is something beyond the grave. It takes faith either way, does it not?
I think it requires more faith to believe in an afterlife based on at least one thing- we don't remember shit before we were born. Nothing. Based on that alone, you could say it's more "logical" to believe it won't be much different after we die.

I think humans over-think the process, optimism, consciousness, and the will to survive = justifying an afterlife.

When you see a racoon get ran over by a Ford F150, do you question if that animal will have an afterlife or not? Or does that thought not even enter your mind, as if that racoon is insignificant in this universe and isn't entitled to an afterlife. It's safe to say, based on science, that we evolved over millions of years just like every other organism we coexist with. Do we have a higher level of consciousness than every other animal on Earth? Yes, but does that entitle us to an afterlife? Why would it?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
I think it requires more faith to believe in an afterlife based on at least one thing- we don't remember shit before we were born. Nothing. Based on that alone, you could say it's more "logical" to believe it won't be much different after we die.

I think humans over-think the process, optimism, consciousness, and the will to survive = justifying an afterlife.

When you see a racoon get ran over by a Ford F150, do you question if that animal will have an afterlife or not? Or does that thought not even enter your mind, as if that racoon is insignificant in this universe and isn't entitled to an afterlife. It's safe to say, based on science, that we evolved over millions of years just like every other organism we coexist with. Do we have a higher level of consciousness than every other animal on Earth? Yes, but does that entitle us to an afterlife? Why would it?

If I firmly believe God created this world for man, and not the raccoons, then no, it isn't that difficult to believe man has a soul and your typical raccoon doesn't.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
If I firmly believe God created this world for man, and not the raccoons, then no, it isn't that difficult to believe man has a soul and your typical raccoon doesn't.

Isnt kind of arrogant to suppose that God created this planet (and by extension the whole universe) just for man?

everything else in the universe is basically just a part of our playground?

If you look into a telescope and consider the vast depth space and the infinite number of stars, planets, and galaxies in the sky, isnt it hard to believe that we are the center of this massive creation? We aren't even located at the center of our own galaxy..
Old 09-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
Budadiiii
++_---++_-----_

Quote:
That's where we differ. I see us just an unimportant in the scheme of things as the racoons and every other animal, insect, or single celled bacterium.

We just don't know man, we just don't know... us, as humans, are WAY in over our heads trying to comprehend this shit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: