Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #76
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jones vs Gustafson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Round 5 - Jones 10-8 by that one judge.
no.

neither one had a 10 - 8 round.

you're joking.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #77
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
That was NOT a 10-8 round... wtf?
Whether jones won or not is a completely different issue.

If you have judges calling that a 10-8,
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #78
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Whether jones won or not is a completely different issue.

If you have judges calling that a 10-8,
The only two "decisive" wins were the last two by Jones, and not decisive enough to warrant a 10-8. I can understand giving him one of the first three, they really were extremely close, but honestly, Gusty did more damage and landed more shots in all 3 of those rounds... This was a very tough decision and I really don't understand how there was a 49-46... just doesn't make sense to me
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #79
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
The only two "decisive" wins were the last two by Jones, and not decisive enough to warrant a 10-8. I can understand giving him one of the first three, they really were extremely close, but honestly, Gusty did more damage and landed more shots in all 3 of those rounds... This was a very tough decision and I really don't understand how there was a 49-46... just doesn't make sense to me

if we going to take damage into account I though jones looked worse after the fight.

Edit: also 10-8 rounds without knockdowns or total domination is impossible.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 09-22-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #80
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fight was amazingly close, and jon offered up some amazing resistance across the first three rounds, but i think the SS-count will indicate that gusty DID win those first three.

jones mounted a nice (very close) comeback in 4 and 5, but i think the punch stats will show that gusty DID win this fight if it was scored by a better judging system.

gustafsson DID win this fight in reality.

but like i said, jonesy is the champ... i do believe that you have to grab the belt from the champ, not put it to the judges.

much respect to bones and the mauler, either way. both fighters basically proved they belong as co-kings of sparta.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #81
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Per Mike Bohn

@MikeBohnMMA: UFC officials just confirmed with me that Jon Jones will not attend the post-fight press conference. He is en route to a local hospital.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #82
gigantes
A piece of fluff

press conference just started!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #83
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

What's next though, Glover is a step down from Gus and doesn't have the mobility and quickness, or the length and height of Alex. He would be much easier fight for Jones. Gus should get a rematch after say beating Glover in a #1 contender bout.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #84
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
What's next though, Glover is a step down from Gus and doesn't have the mobility and quickness, or the length and height of Alex. He would be much easier fight for Jones. Gus should get a rematch after say beating Glover in a #1 contender bout.
jones should actually be more terrified of taking on glover and then following with a rematch against an improved gusty. he should be absolutely terrified.

gusty made the single-biggest leap in skill and gameplan i've ever seen in MMA right there.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #85
sick_brah07
Local High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

does anyone think jones is maybe over it alittle ? no one ever keeps it up forever
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #86
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
does anyone think jones is maybe over it alittle ? no one ever keeps it up forever
well that would be kind of sad

see as he is 26 i believe.

I mean its one thing for anderson to be over it, but kind of sad for jones.

I dont think thats it. I think Jones underestimated gus.
I think jones made a bad decision to focus on striking.
He should have worked on takedowns and taken the fight to the ground.
We saw what phil davis did to gus on the ground.

If jones had managed to get it to the ground gus was in huge trouble. Credit to gus for realizing this and focusing his training on takedown defense. His takedown defense increased by an unbelieveable margin.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 09-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: