Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
millwad
Banned

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Can anyone point to a real news site that claims 70% of Syrians support Assad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I don't want war.

I would also like if Iran's proposal to give up nuclear weapons was truthful.

It's going to be an interesting week at the UN.

I don't see any problems at all with Iran having nuclear weapons.

They've been screwed time after time by the US through-out history without retaliating. Having nuclear weapons would at least make the abuse of the US go away.

The US overthrew the democratically selected Prime Minister who wanted to nationalize the oil, instead of bending over for the US and the UK.

The US destroyed democracy in Iran and basically gave the power to the disliked Shah. That was the beginning of the end which resulted in the current horrible regime.

Later Iran was attacked by Iraq in a pointless war which lead to the death of around half a million of Iranians. The same war the US funded Iraq like crazy, the fundings included several billion dollars worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, Special Operations training, and direct involvement in warfare against Iran.

You're nothing but a clown, Iran hasn't started a war for hundreds of year and still you keep spamming about how dangerous they are.

The most pathetic part is that you don't care about the people who live in Iran who gets abused on daily basis by the regime. You care about a so called threat that doesn't exist.

If you're so worried and paranoid about the Middle East, start to give a damn about Saudi Arabia. The people behind 9/11 were Saudis, Bin Laden was a Saudi, the hi-jackers were Saudis and the massive funding to past and current muslim terrorism is coming from Saudi Arabia. Why don't we ever hear anything about that? Have you heard about something called oil?

I will destroy you in a heartbeat, you trashy, uneducated fool.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #17
Deleterious
Banned

Deleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can anyone point to a real news site that claims 70% of Syrians support Assad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

They've been screwed time after time by the US through-out history without retaliating. Having nuclear weapons would at least make the abuse of the US go away.

The US overthrew the democratically selected Prime Minister who wanted to nationalize the oil, instead of bending over for the US and the UK.

The US destroyed democracy in Iran and basically gave the power to the disliked Shah. That was the beginning of the end which resulted in the current horrible regime.

Later Iran was attacked by Iraq in a pointless war which lead to the death of around half a million of Iranians. The same war the US funded Iraq like crazy, the fundings included several billion dollars worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, Special Operations training, and direct involvement in warfare against Iran.

You're nothing but a clown, Iran hasn't started a war for hundreds of year and still you keep spamming about how dangerous they are.

The most pathetic part is that you don't care about the people who live in Iran who gets abused on daily basis by the regime. You care about a so called threat that doesn't exist.

If you're so worried and paranoid about the Middle East, start to give a damn about Saudi Arabia. The people behind 9/11 were Saudis, Bin Laden was a Saudi, the hi-jackers were Saudis and the massive funding to past and current muslim terrorism is coming from Saudi Arabia. Why don't we ever hear anything about that? Have you heard about something called oil?

Great points, extremely great points.

As for your question I do not have a credible source but I guess for you anything that is not an american newspaper is not a credible source.

But I have the past weeks been getting in contact with Syrians that ran away from Syria. Basically refugees and it is a big majority that supports Assad.
Deleterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

doesnt matter if its 30 or 80. its the young men that want a change in their country and its theirs to fight for, whos going to stop them, 50 year old men that side with assad?

show me the percentage of what men in their 20s want to overthrow assad. atleast 90 percent.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Let's repeat that a civil in Syria has taken over 100,000 lives over the past two and a half years in a situation the US did not create.

If you want to pretend that Syria in 2013 at war is the same as Iraq in 2003 before the US invaded equivalent situation, that's on you, but don't pretend no bombs are going off in Syria

Considering how badly the US wants to drop bombs, and the fact that they have been giving the rebels weapons and intelligence, it seems that they are happy for the civil war to continue.

I am looking forward to bumping this post in 5 years from now, when the documents showing that US intel agencies actually did create the syrian civil war get leaked.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

Do you have two folks who post under this account?

Are you the same guy who PMed me this?
Quote:
We may disagree on a majority of stuff but I have never doubted when it comes to your knowledge, you're an intelligent person with alot of knowledge and I appreciate that.

Take care, Kevin.

or the guy who posted my personal photos on here?

or is it the same guy, but you're just drunk tonight?

Because you make several points about the "current horrible regime" and how the everyday people "get abused on daily basis by the regime," but you don't mind that regime developing nuclear weapons. Seems like a conflict.

Yeah, for the record I don't want Saudi Arabia to get nukes either. Also not wanting Iran to develop nukes doesn't mean you were pro or anti Mosaddegh
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #21
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleterious
As for your question I do not have a credible source but I guess for you anything that is not an american newspaper is not a credible source.

Well in this case the website is American, it's just not credible. My point is if there was polling information out there, legitimate news agencies would have picked it up. When something only shows up fringe websites, there's usually a reason.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #22
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

KevinNYC works for the Obama admin...

he is lockstep with the admin no matter what they say or do.. They could put out a proposition to blow up the moon tomorrow and he would come here telling people why it's the sound thing to do...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #23
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
KevinNYC works for the Obama admin...

he is lockstep with the admin no matter what they say or do.. They could put out a proposition to blow up the moon tomorrow and he would come here telling people why it's the sound thing to do...

Nah, I'm just in for the stupid strawman arguments that people claim represent my real beliefs.

Hey! There's another one now. Cool.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #24
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Nah, I'm just in for the stupid strawman arguments that people claim represent my real beliefs.

Hey! There's another one now. Cool.

Your "real beliefs" always happen to be the talkin points of the Obama admin..

I can predict your position on any topic..just find out what the Obama admin says and you'll repeat it..
Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #25
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Your "real beliefs" always happen to be the talkin points of the Obama admin..

I can predict your position on any topic..just find out what the Obama admin says and you'll repeat it..

What's my position on when the troops should leave Afghanistan?
How about who should be the Fed chief?
What about the shadow banking system and the interconnectedness of banks five years after Lehman?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
What's my position on when the troops should leave Afghanistan?
How about who should be the Fed chief?
What about the shadow banking system and the interconnectedness of banks five years after Lehman?

I'll be back with the answer as soon as the Obama admin gives their latest spin on those issues
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #27
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
I'll be back with the answer as soon as the Obama admin gives their latest spin on those issues

The Fed Chief is hopefully going to be Janet Yellin. Obama's first choice was Larry Summers, but too many Democrats objected.

The other two are two biggest of the biggest failures of this administration I could think of off the top of my head.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
The Fed Chief is hopefully going to be Janet Yellin. Obama's first choice was Larry Summers, but too many Democrats objected.

The other two are two biggest of the biggest failures of this administration I could think of off the top of my head.

You would have backed Larry Summers a week ago..

I think Yellen is better than Summers, but we'll see what she can do
Old 09-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #29
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

KevinNYC is Jay Carney's ISH account.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 AM   #30
millwad
Banned

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Do you have two folks who post under this account?

Are you the same guy who PMed me this?

or the guy who posted my personal photos on here?

or is it the same guy, but you're just drunk tonight?

Because you make several points about the "current horrible regime" and how the everyday people "get abused on daily basis by the regime," but you don't mind that regime developing nuclear weapons. Seems like a conflict.
Your stupidity and ignorance gets more obvious day after day, you're a naive and ignorant person.

My points about the current regime has nothing to do with the US. The US will never actually help Iran, they had no problem with their coup to overthrow democracy but actually helping out when help is needed is something that won't happen. When the Iranians demonstrated against the regime they were abused, beaten and killed but no help could be found, not even any support of any kind.

An attack on Iran would only kill civilians and we've seen how it looks when the US invades countries a la Iraq. And again, my point about the Primie minister and about the extreme fundings the US were behind in the war between Iran and Iraq showcases what I'm writing.

Quote:
Yeah, for the record I don't want Saudi Arabia to get nukes either. Also not wanting Iran to develop nukes doesn't mean you were pro or anti Mosaddegh

Obviously you didn't get the context of what I just wrote, it's not about Mosaddegh, it's about the fact that your beloved country has been abusing Iran for decades. You can't bully a country time after time and expect that they won't try to defend themself.

And if you're worried of terrorism, Saudi Arabia is where you should look at. You never give them a mention because they're an ally of the US, which also proves your ignorance and how biased you are.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: