Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
6 for 24
self-proclaimed Mamba
 
6 for 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The fertile plains of Mozambiq
Posts: 284
Default Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Friends of ISH!

I have been so inspired here by the most excellent debates over which players throughout the NBA lore displayed the most clutchness, the best footwork, the best shot selection, and so forth. While one might expect a different player to be the pinnacle of success for each of these very different skillsets, it just so happens that this is not the case; for the same man has transcended his peers in all facets of this great sport! And that man happens to be Mr. Kobe Bryant. Please enjoy the impeccable footwork & shot selection Kobe displays under great duress in these pressure-packed situations. Does anyone do it better? (This is a rhetorical question hahahahaha!)

http://youtu.be/QZbgoC6MiSM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Trollsmasher
The Fam
 
Trollsmasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 9,427
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

His ability to create a good shot for himself in the clutch is unparalleled
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
6 for 24
self-proclaimed Mamba
 
6 for 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The fertile plains of Mozambiq
Posts: 284
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Absolutely! Most casual basketball fans have no idea how difficult it is to create a shot under great pressure, because they are fortunate to have witnessed Kobe do it time and time again with ease. Keep in mind, at this point in the contest, Kobe has already hoisted the ball 40 or 50 times! Any other mortal would be exhausted and unable to even lift his arms in the air, but, thanks to Kobe's incredible conditioning and work ethic, as well as his efficient footwork that minimized his body movement, he gets the same elevation on shot #50 as he does on shot #1. Simply amazing.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
gts
shhhhhhh
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downtown Hoops Dojo
Posts: 29,249
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

17 years in the league and he still has his haters in such a tail spin they waste their time making videos that don't mean a damn thing to anyone.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
6 for 24
self-proclaimed Mamba
 
6 for 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The fertile plains of Mozambiq
Posts: 284
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

I know, it's disgusting how people disgrace this living legend. But hopefully videos like mine will illustrate the once-in-a-generation footwork and shot selection and create some converts. Keep fighting the good fight!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
TheReturn
Local High School Star
 
TheReturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 for 24
Absolutely! Most casual basketball fans have no idea how difficult it is to create a shot under great pressure, because they are fortunate to have witnessed Kobe do it time and time again with ease. Keep in mind, at this point in the contest, Kobe has already hoisted the ball 40 or 50 times! Any other mortal would be exhausted and unable to even lift his arms in the air, but, thanks to Kobe's incredible conditioning and work ethic, as well as his efficient footwork that minimized his body movement, he gets the same elevation on shot #50 as he does on shot #1. Simply amazing.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
AintNoSunshine
College superstar
 
AintNoSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,743
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

LOL Kobe's clutchness is THE BIGGEST myth in sports history, up there with Wilt and mountain lion. And just how come his last shot is always a fade away 3 with hand in face???? Can he really not create anything else? That's the worst possible shot aside from a full court heave
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Trollsmasher
The Fam
 
Trollsmasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 9,427
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

This video shows, how Kobe's skill and great footwork allow him to create the best possible shot in the game - a fadeaway 30 footer - anytime he wants.

Meanwhile unskilled players like LeBron have to rely on layups

Kobe >>>
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
6 for 24
self-proclaimed Mamba
 
6 for 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The fertile plains of Mozambiq
Posts: 284
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
LOL Kobe's clutchness is THE BIGGEST myth in sports history, up there with Wilt and mountain lion. And just how come his last shot is always a fade away 3 with hand in face???? Can he really not create anything else? That's the worst possible shot aside from a full court heave

With all due respect, AintNoSunshine,

While there are a fair number of impressive fade away 3s with the hand in the face in this video illustration, it is unfair to say that is all that Kobe is displaying here. Nay, he actually puts his whole arsenal on the table. For example, there are two clips where he disguises passes as shots to the rim for his compatriots to retrieve and score at the buzzer. Do you not realize the degree of difficulty-- as well as entertainment value-- in these "shots"? In another clip, he takes on the entire Chicago Bulls squad in an amazing drive to the rim.. simply incredible.

Please, try to appreciate the greatness of this man while he is still playing. Too many of you are results-oriented, focusing on whether the basket is scored or not. In the grand scheme of things, this is irrelevant. As Kobe himself has said, "you can't make 'em if you don't take 'em". And "take 'em" is what he does better than anyone in the history of the game.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
Vienceslav
Local High School Star
 
Vienceslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,489
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

This gimmick is so bad, I'm enjoying it.
Keep em' coming.
Vienceslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
AintNoSunshine
College superstar
 
AintNoSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,743
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 for 24
With all due respect, AintNoSunshine,

While there are a fair number of impressive fade away 3s with the hand in the face in this video illustration, it is unfair to say that is all that Kobe is displaying here. Nay, he actually puts his whole arsenal on the table. For example, there are two clips where he disguises passes as shots to the rim for his compatriots to retrieve and score at the buzzer. Do you not realize the degree of difficulty-- as well as entertainment value-- in these "shots"? In another clip, he takes on the entire Chicago Bulls squad in an amazing drive to the rim.. simply incredible.

Please, try to appreciate the greatness of this man while he is still playing. Too many of you are results-oriented, focusing on whether the basket is scored or not. In the grand scheme of things, this is irrelevant. As Kobe himself has said, "you can't make 'em if you don't take 'em". And "take 'em" is what he does better than anyone in the history of the game.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye


Thank you Nadya, I will learn to appreciate
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 39,037
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

wow. way to take it with your iphone ******. future negged.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
AirFederer
WIND DEFENDER
 
AirFederer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,541
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Trollolololoolo! Great vid
AirFederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
HoopsFanNumero1
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,137
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Great video
HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #15
Hoopz2332
College star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,793
Default Re: Amazing Kobe Bryant footwork & shot selection montage

Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy