Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #16
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: the AFC won every game against the NFC this week (Pitt vs Chi later tonight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I'm sure you would love to see an 8-8 Giants team visiting the Bears in the divisional round of the playoffs... right?

Lmao. Hell the F no!

I have said time and time again through these first weeks that the GMen could win that division still. And no one wants to play Eli in the playoffs. But any of the other three??? We'll gladly take their lunch money.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the AFC won every game against the NFC this week (Pitt vs Chi later tonight)

lmao @ fans that literally believe that Eli has some kind of magical clutch gene that only decides to kick in once the playoffs start.

If Dallas is in the playoffs and we get to choose between Eli and Peyton the choker?

GIVE ME ELI PLEASE

Some of us have the common sense to understand the NFLs tiny sample size leaves all the room in the world for coincidental mishaps

If this was the NBA where every match was a 7 game series it would all even out...but in the NFL, the game of inches, the best team doesn't always win the ring...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #18
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
lmao @ fans that literally believe that Eli has some kind of magical clutch gene that only decides to kick in once the playoffs start.

If Dallas is in the playoffs and we get to choose between Eli and Peyton the choker?

GIVE ME ELI PLEASE

Some of us have the common sense to understand the NFLs tiny sample size leaves all the room in the world for coincidental mishaps

If this was the NBA where every match was a 7 game series it would all even out...but in the NFL, the game of inches, the best team doesn't always win the ring...

You would want to go up against Eli??

Really? That's like a Knicks/Pacers/Heat fan in the 90's saying. I want Jordan, Pip, and PJax in the ECF!!

Or a mid 90's Orioles fan saying, I wanna play Jeter, Pettite, El Duque and the rest of the Yanks in the playoffs.

Or a early 90s Eagles fan saying, sh*t I want the Triplets in the playoffs. They were lucky against Buffalo, not doing it against us.

Man, I hate Rodgers and the Pack, I hate LeBron and the Heat. But I can give them their due respect and say they are/have been/will be until proven otherwise better then my guy(s) when push comes to shove. Don't know what's so hard about it for you.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would love to face Eli this year in the playoffs. Why? Because he looks like complete dog shit. He looked ba all of last season as well. Currently, he sucks.

I'm not scared that he will magically transform into prime Joe Montana once tge post season comes around and all his WRs will start catching bombs on thier helmets.

Its a team game...right now the Giants have a really bad team...QB included
Old 09-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Eli's problem is he's a wildly inconsistent player year to year and week to week.

His best is pretty special as evidence of his two superbowl runs, but he's just not at that level enough to be considered an elite quarterback. I doubt many would have him as a top 10 QB based on his play the last two years and 3 games into this year. Maybe not even top 15.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Da Bears are 2-0 vs the AFC
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

The Giants have a 61 point differential through 3 games...

the only team that is doing worse?...the Jags with a 64 point differential

the Giants could possibly compete for the #1 overall pick, that is how bad they are playing...Clowney to the Giants
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I'm sure you would love to see an 8-8 Giants team visiting the Bears in the divisional round of the playoffs... right?

Bears in the playoffs
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The Giants have a 61 point differential through 3 games...

the only team that is doing worse?...the Jags with a 64 point differential

the Giants could possibly compete for the #1 overall pick, that is how bad they are playing...Clowney to the Giants
Sign me up for that. I can put up with 1 shitty year if that guy Clowney is gonna be dominating the Cows for the next 10 years As bad as Eli has played thus far, if the Giants make the playoffs they will be playing better.

7 sacks in 17 minutes is not giving him enough time. Eli knows how to avoid sacks too, he just didn't have any time yesterday. I'd love the Giants to play the Cows in the playoffs, it would be similar to when the Cows were 13-3 in 2007 talking about how they were gonna beat the Packers to get to the super bowl. Jerry Jones will buy his Super Bowl tickets

But anyways, this division is shit. But if 9 wins is what it takes to win it, the Giants are not out of it.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Lmao. Hell the F no!

I have said time and time again through these first weeks that the GMen could win that division still. And no one wants to play Eli in the playoffs. But any of the other three??? We'll gladly take their lunch money.
Exactly, Eli as an underdog in the playoffs is no joke! Plays pretty flawless. And very clutch.

He is 1.5 years removed from a Super Bowl, yet ptiddy is still mad
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

it feels like playoff chat for the NFC is meaningless because to get to the SB in the NFC you are probably going to have to win in Seattle which feels impossible to me right now.

and rings are all people really remember...no one really cares about "playoff wins"

When Dallas gets to the post season this year if they make it to Seattle or just start out the post season there...even myself being the homer that I am, I just can't see Dallas (or any team) winning a game in Seattle...that elite defense and jet engine crowd noise are just too much
Old 09-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
it feels like playoff chat for the NFC is meaningless because to get to the SB in the NFC you are probably going to have to win in Seattle which feels impossible to me right now.

and rings are all people really remember...no one really cares about "playoff wins"

When Dallas gets to the post season this year if they make it to Seattle or just start out the post season there...even myself being the homer that I am, I just can't see Dallas (or any team) winning a game in Seattle...that elite defense and jet engine crowd noise are just too much

That is IF we get HFA

But I think people are overlooking our offense, we averaged 34 points in the 2nd half of the season last year. 1st half we were very conservative with our passing game, but 2nd half Russell Wilson became Russell Wilson and we had one of the most dominant offenses.
I know it was the Jaguars but I think this was just the game Seahawks needed to kickstart their offense. This offense is a Top 5 offense and when Percy Harvin returns they will be even more dangerous.

Top 5 Offense + Best Defense + Best HFA

But I agree with you, the best shot the NFC has against Seattle is not letting the Seahawks get Home Field Advantage. We have a tough road schedule this year so plenty of opportunities there.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: