Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default When will people learn that Read option QBs SUCK

"RG3 > Luck!!!!"

"Kaepernick top 5 NFL QB!!!"

You donkeys don't get it. After a year these guys get figured out and become mediocre QBs. They catch the league by surprise in Year 1, but when the league makes adjustments they turn into mediocre players because they fail to evolve their game and make adjustments themselves. Sometimes you see these guys "try" to become pocket passers, but that just isn't their skillset and part of what made them great to begin with was the threat of them running the ball.

Michael Vick in Year 1 with the Eagles....great
Michael Vick after that...mediocre

Cam Newton in rookie year....great
Cam Newton after that...mediocre

RG3 in rookie year...great
RG3 after that...mediocre

Kaepernick in first year....great
Kaepernick after that......sucks

The QB that can sit in the pocket and pick the defense apart with their mind will always be superior...always. These guys evolve while the read option QBs options become limited once teams figure out their tendencies.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: When will people learn that Read option QBs SUCK

I have been saying Kapernick is gonna suck but Russell Wilson? He is legit.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Sounds like you just think black QB's suck lol
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I kind of feel like the read option has been exposed already...quick fad dying faster than the Wildcat
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a dumb thread. I dont think Cam has regressed since his rookie year, and RG3 is clearly not 100% healthy.

Also, Kaep is not a read option QB. He can play many roles, and while he is a good runner, he is an excellent passer. The guy throws the ball as well as any young QB in the league.

With all the niners injuries, Kaep is being forced to throw at quinton patton, kyle williams and vance mcdonald. Even guys like Tom Brady play like shit when they are throwing to crappy backup receivers.

I know Kaep has had 2 bad games in a row, but he completely owned the packers with his cannon arm in week 1 when Vernon was healthy.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 09-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
I have been saying Kapernick is gonna suck but Russell Wilson? He is legit.

Russells team is absolutely stacked at every position. He wouldn't be nearly as good if he had to carry a team like other franchise QBs(Rodgers, Peyton, Brees).

And don't confuse read option QB with "black QB". Wilson isn't really a read option QB, he just has the ability to take off but he doesn't rely on that. Similar to Luck who is also one of the most athletic QBs in the league, but he doesn't get put in there because he is white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Kaep is not a read option gimmick QB. He can play many roles, including stand up pocket passer. The guy throws as well as any young QB in the league.

With all the niners injuries Kaep is being forced to throw at quinton patton, kyle williams and vance mcdonald. Even Brady has bad games when his receivers are crap.

Kaeps hype came from his long ass strides when he starts running. NOT his pocket passing. Thats why he was dangerous and teams have made the necesary adjustments. He will never be as effective as he was last year.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Kaeps hype came from his long ass strides when he starts running. NOT his pocket passing. Thats why he was dangerous and teams have made the necesary adjustments. He will never be as effective as he was last year.

Who cares where his "hype" came from? You cannot deny his throwing ability. Kaep can throw a 90mph fastball, he was drafted to play MLB in 2009 but chose football instead. He throws the football with as much velocity and accuracy as any young QB in the league, just ask the packers how dangerous Kaeps arm is. He is still just scratching the surface of his potential, I think he will be MVP of the league someday.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

when will ppl stop getting trolled by op????
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Who cares where his "hype" came from? You cannot deny his throwing ability. Kaep can throw a 90mph fastball, he was drafted to play MLB in 2009 but chose football instead. He throws the football with as much velocity and accuracy as any young QB in the league, just ask the packers how dangerous Kaeps arm is. He is still just scratching the surface of his potential, I think he will be MVP of the league someday.

Am I supposed to care that Kaepernick was drafted in the 43rd round of the MLB Draft? Brandon Weeden was drafted in the 2nd round of the MLB Draft and the consensus on him is that he sucks.

No doubt he has the physical gifts, as well as a lot of players in the NFL. But why dont some of these freak athlete first round NFL picks ever pan out? Because 80% of the game is mental and thats a big part of what seperates the great players, ESPECIALLY at a position like quarterback.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Am I supposed to care that Kaepernick was drafted in the 43rd round of the MLB Draft? Brandon Weeden was drafted in the 2nd round of the MLB Draft and the consensus on him is that he sucks.

No doubt he has the physical gifts, as well as a lot of players in the NFL. But why dont some of these freak athlete first round NFL picks ever pan out? Because 80% of the game is mental and thats a big part of what seperates the great players, ESPECIALLY at a position like quarterback.

Kaep is still raw but he seems like a smart kid. I dunno how much stock I would put in intelligence tests, but he did score a 37 on the wonderlic, the same as Andrew Luck and better than Brady, Manning or Brees. I think he will figure out the mental aspects of the job.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

the Read Option is still hard to stop. Its like an evolution of the wildcat offense.

Ran correctly, it can still confuse defenses on what the QB is going to do. It does however involve the QB into a greater frequency of getting hit hard. So i think thats why you're seeing some of the QBs not having as much success with it this season.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
I think that is OP's agenda.

Personally I think that read option Qbs are overrated. They are very dependant on a great running game. Eg. RG3 benefits from how good Alfred Morris is. If Morris sucks the read option is much less dangerous because you can key your defense to the QB, since even if RG3 gives it to Morris, it wouldnt matter if he sucked.

I think new things like the wildcat confuse Defensive coordinators who need time to adjust. A pocket QB like peyton hasn't been adjusted to in like 16 years.

And just for the record I think White Read Option QBs will suck too. I think Johnny Football will eventually be exposed in the NFL. I expect him to have early success until Defensive coordinators adjust to him. It goes without saying Tebow Sucks.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923

To be fair Tebow was the first QB that ran a spread/read option type of offense in the NFL. Once Orton was benched in favor of Tebow they changed the offense to a spread offense and all of a sudden they started winning games. Funny how he was benched the first though.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputation

Andrew luck=Wilson>Kapernick>RG3
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

I kinda agree with OP. maybe not that they "SUCK" but that their effectiveness in the NFL is greatly reduced.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: