Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
I'm going to get flamed for this, but in terms of pure raw talent and potential, I'm going with AJ Green. Am I out of the question in making the claim he's going to be the greatest WR in the history of the NFL?

Calvin Johnson?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Calvin Johnson?

I mean ... I can see the argument, but I myself, like many other experts proclaim Matt Stratford amongst the league's elite QBs. Andy Dalton, me being a Bengals groupie, I'd like to say the same, but I can't.

Calvin Johnson obviously makes Stratford much more than Stratford makes Johnson, but it's let's not kid ourselves, a healthy Stratford ranks right up there amongst the best of the best, or in other words (more like word) "elite" ... I'm sorry but you can't exclude him from the discussion. Again, Calvin Johnson is the man - he's the main piece. He's the Lions' franchise player but on just about any other team Stratford would be the one.

Back to AJ Green ... like I said, simply raw skills, natural ability etc ... hard to argue he's a sure-shot favorite over Johnson, but would you at least entertain the idea or argument that AJ is just more of a "natural" talent? I'm not even going to say the "better" receiver ... just more of the natural talent. I'm thinking we're at least on the same page in that regard. Are we not?

Last edited by Hoodlum Science : 09-25-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #18
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Yeah, study up on jerry rice. And watch some randy moss highlights

Are we talking greatest of all time? Maybe I missed that part. LOL even still, if we're arguing pure talent who's to say a prime Rice or Moss is > prime AJ Green or Johnson?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #19
christian1923
Good college starter

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Are we talking greatest of all time? Maybe I missed that part. LOL even still, if we're arguing pure talent who's to say a prime Rice or Moss is > prime AJ Green or Johnson?
Well jerry rice's production speaks for itself. Green May have more physical talent but jerry rice mastered his craft. Unstoppable. And moss is a super Saiyan aj green. He measures up with green and is better than him at everything green is good at. But I love AJ's game and id love to see him become better than those two but I doubt it.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #20
EnoughSaid
From Russia With Love

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Right now you have to take Rodgers. Accurate as can be and is very mobile too. But you can easily make a case for Manning and Brady as well.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I mean ... I can see the argument, but I myself, like many other experts proclaim Matt Stratford amongst the league's elite QBs. Andy Dalton, me being a Bengals groupie, I'd like to say the same, but I can't.

Calvin Johnson obviously makes Stratford much more than Stratford makes Johnson, but it's let's not kid ourselves, a healthy Stratford ranks right up there amongst the best of the best, or in other words (more like word) "elite" ... I'm sorry but you can't exclude him from the discussion. Again, Calvin Johnson is the man - he's the main piece. He's the Lions' franchise player but on just about any other team Stratford would be the one.

Back to AJ Green ... like I said, simply raw skills, natural ability etc ... hard to argue he's a sure-shot favorite over Johnson, but would you at least entertain the idea or argument that AJ is just more of a "natural" talent? I'm not even going to say the "better" receiver ... just more of the natural talent. I'm thinking we're at least on the same page in that regard. Are we not?

Who the hell is "Matt Stratford"? You clearly know a lot about football.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 09-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Definitely a QB. Id say its pretty close between Rodgers and Peyton Manning right now.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #23
TylerOO
NBA back yet?

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Rodgers or Matt Stratford
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #24
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Who the hell is "Matt Stratford"? You clearly know a lot about football.

=)

I never claimed to know "a lot" about football.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
=)

I never claimed to know "a lot" about football.

You sure about that?

Quote:
I mean ... I can see the argument, but I myself, like many other experts proclaim Matt Stratford amongst the league's elite QBs.

Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Brady are the leagues elite QB's. Stratford is a few tiers below them and most experts are aware of this.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #26
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
You sure about that?

Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Brady are the leagues elite QB's. Stratford is a few tiers below them and most experts are aware of this.

I didn't mean to say I'm an "expert" I was just saying we share a common opinion. Maybe our definitions of "elite" differ. I don't think there's a concrete benchmark
Old 09-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #27
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
I didn't mean to say I'm an "expert" I was just saying we share a common opinion.

None of the "experts" share your opinion on Stratford, he is borderline top 10.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #28
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
None of the "experts" share your opinion on Stratford, he is borderline top 10.

How do you know this? Perhaps some circles think Top 10 is elite. Some folks think Eli Manning is elite, but I personally don't. Some experts feel he is, some don't. Who's to say who's right and who's wrong? You?

LMAO.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #29
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
How do you know this? Perhaps some circles think Top 10 is elite.

I guess someone could think that if they have no idea what the term "elite" actually means.

elite - noun - considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth

Being the ~10th best out of 32 QBs in the league does not make you "elite", it makes you "a bit above average". Stratford resides somewhere around the 66th percentile of NFL QBs, thats not elite.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 09-26-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #30
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
I guess someone could think that if they have no idea what the term "elite" actually means.

elite - noun - considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth

Being the ~10th best out of 32 QBs in the league does not make you "elite", it makes you "a bit above average".

The top 10 quarterbacks in the entire world out of millions worldwide doesn't equate to elite? I'm just saying... based off the definition you provided, top 10 makes a pretty damn strong case, does it not? Since you want to be all technical and shit, spitting out actual definitions like a smart ass.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: