Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #121
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You Celtics fans put faith into Marcus Banks for a long time. And he didnt show no more then Telefair has. You guys having a change of heart for the overrated NY PG named Bassy?

All jokes aside I dont think its a bad trade...guess Boston wasnt interested in Marcus Williams. If Sebastian stayed in college and came out this draft he be rated high. Maybe 1 or 2. All depends on his march madness performance ala Marcus Williams. So ehhh, even tho i like to break the Celtics balls. This deal isnt as bad.

What other players were included?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #122
MoPet24
I hit open layups

MoPet24 has an OK reputation so far

League sources have confirmed that the Boston Celtics today acquired second-year guard Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliff from the Portland Trailblazers in exchange for Raef LaFrentz, Dan Dickau, and the seventh pick in tonight's NBA Draft."
MoPet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:48 PM   #123
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPet24
League sources have confirmed that the Boston Celtics today acquired second-year guard Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliff from the Portland Trailblazers in exchange for Raef LaFrentz, Dan Dickau, and the seventh pick in tonight's NBA Draft."

How many yrs does Ratliff have? Thats not a bad deal. Whats the problem? Foye isnt a PG. Boston would be taking another Delonte West and by that I mean a guard who can score that plays PG by default.

Also consider if Sebastian Telefair went to college he be a lottery pick if he came out now. And one of the top rated PG's. Boston got rid of the softy Raef. Ratliff I'll take over Raef.

Sixers dont want Bassy. I'll cut my wrists if AI is moved to Boston with Bassy being the center piece. Thats a ripoff deal. I rather take the 7th pick. AI is a Celtic and I'm a fan of the Celtics. Johnny, GB get a jersey ready just in CASE.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #124
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How many yrs does Ratliff have? Thats not a bad deal. Whats the problem? Foye isnt a PG. Boston would be taking another Delonte West and by that I mean a guard who can score that plays PG by default.

Also consider if Sebastian Telefair went to college he be a lottery pick if he came out now. And one of the top rated PG's. Boston got rid of the softy Raef. Ratliff I'll take over Raef.

Sixers dont want Bassy. I'll cut my wrists if AI is moved to Boston with Bassy being the center piece. Thats a ripoff deal. I rather take the 7th pick. AI is a Celtic and I'm a fan of the Celtics. Johnny, GB get a jersey ready just in CASE.

Stuff being a Celtics fan GOBB, you would have to talk to GB.

Celtics posters are pretty bad in general:
-Get Buckets
-Johnny Sic
-paulpierce34

Those are some crap posters right there.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #125
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Stuff being a Celtics fan GOBB, you would have to talk to GB.

Celtics posters are pretty bad in general:
-Get Buckets
-Johnny Sic
-paulpierce34

Those are some crap posters right there.

Ced you are really taking what GB says to you too far I think, he and Johnny don't like your deal because they like the youth too much. If you lived here and got the exposure we do with local media every day, you would understand, probably.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #126
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Seems like a bad deal for Boston because they might have got a real gem with 7th pick . Telfair better turn out to be solid within the next few years or else Ainge will scolded once again . Guess a solid defense center for a club thats not near a contender was worth it for celts.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #127
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How many yrs does Ratliff have?

Two, one year less than Raef. Plus, he's the absolute perfect player for Perk to learn from and wont take up a ton of time from both Perk and Al like Raef did.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #128
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

cool we'll have the cuzins going at each other 4 times a season
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #129
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Ced you are really taking what GB says to you too far I think, he and Johnny don't like your deal because they like the youth too much. If you lived here and got the exposure we do with local media every day, you would understand, probably.
No he isn't. I'm quite aware of the fact that I piss people off. Including some Celtic fans. It's just not that big of a deal. If I congratulated Ced on his idiotic trade ideas he'd love me. I don't, so he doesn't.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #130
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't of traded the pick, only becuz there's so many uncertainties in this draft. There's no clear cut superstar. Players that could go #1 can also slip to picks 8-10. It's crazy.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #131
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
I wouldn't of traded the pick, only becuz there's so many uncertainties in this draft. There's no clear cut superstar. Players that could go #1 can also slip to picks 8-10. It's crazy.

Exactly what if that 7th pick up being Amare type player? Nothing is set in stone for players going from the NBA to college this move just seems really dumb and it will come back to bite them in the ass in the future.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #132
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
No he isn't. I'm quite aware of the fact that I piss people off. Including some Celtic fans. It's just not that big of a deal. If I congratulated Ced on his idiotic trade ideas he'd love me. I don't, so he doesn't.

I don't know why, but that did make me laugh
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #133
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

blazers going white, got dickau and lafrentz now they get lucky and pick up morrison/bargnani
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 PM   #134
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

He's just a cr@p poster who has no idea about players.

To use the adamcz line again:

He probably thinks that:

West>Parker
Pierce>Ginobili
Szczerbiak>Bowen
Jefferson=Duncan
Perkins>Mohammed

He is an absolute homer, and overrates young players. I have no time for someone that thinks Delonte West is starter material.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #135
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Boston isn't getting AI, so I guess this is a decent trade to acquire a young PG.

I wonder what PP thinks about all this.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: