Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default AFC North is pretty bad

Everyone likes to talk about the NFC East being bad, but the AFC North is quietly going under the radar in terms of mediocrity. The winner will be 9-7 tops. The Bengals/Ravens both look extremely average at best. I'd go as far to say that the Browns with their new QB(who is actually explosive) are primed to win that shit.

I wouldn't even completely count out the Steelers who are 0-4 right now. All I know is DALTON and FLACCO look like SHIT.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: AFC North is pretty bad

http://insidehoops.com/forum/forumdi...daysprune=&f=2

Please post in that forum from now on.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

AFC north has usually been a strong division. This year it's absolutely up for the taking.

Hoyer has been surprising, he passes the eye test but he went up against the Vikings and injury depleted bengals. Still, he delivered.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Everyone likes to talk about the NFC East being bad, but the AFC North is quietly going under the radar in terms of mediocrity. The winner will be 9-7 tops. The Bengals/Ravens both look extremely average at best. I'd go as far to say that the Browns with their new QB(who is actually explosive) are primed to win that shit.

I wouldn't even completely count out the Steelers who are 0-4 right now. All I know is DALTON and FLACCO look like SHIT.
Shut up. No one cares what you think.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
future repped
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Guy Ledouche
I hit open layups

Guy Ledouche has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

What a great attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
future repped

And the weeaboo agrees...

Quote:

The AFC North is pretty bad. I think the Ravens will win it though. The Browns are.. ya know, the Browns. AJ Green can only carry the Bengals so far. I have to disagree about the Steelers though. They have looked absolutely terrible. No way they win that division.

Its a bad division, but nowhere near as bad as the NFC East.
Guy Ledouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Ledouche
What a great attitude!

The AFC North is pretty bad. I think the Ravens will win it though. The Browns are.. ya know, the Browns. AJ Green can only carry the Bengals so far. I have to disagree about the Steelers though. They have looked absolutely terrible. No way they win that division.

Haha just ignore the dudes that bring nothing to the discussion.

I definetly agree that it's not as bad as the NFC East(Giants,Redskins both look like bottom 5 teams, Eagles not too far behind, Dallas is average at best). But I do think it needs to be looked at as a weak division.

It's the one division where ANY team in it can win it....in Week 4. The Bengals/Ravens both have nice defenses, but offensively/at the QB position it is painful to watch.

I think Big Ben is still a really good QB so that's why I'm not too quick to count out the Steelers. He is the best in the division and in the NFL you can never overrate the impact of a quality quarterback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
AFC north has usually been a strong division. This year it's absolutely up for the taking.

Hoyer has been surprising, he passes the eye test but he went up against the Vikings and injury depleted bengals. Still, he delivered.

Which players were out on the Bengals? Defense seemed alright, but their problem is Dalton who looks absolutely terrible thus far.

Last edited by TonyMontana : 09-30-2013 at 07:14 PM.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Ledouche
What a great attitude!

I'm guessing this is OP's alternate account
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Undoubtedly.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Which players were out on the Bengals? Defense seemed alright, but their problem is Dalton who looks absolutely terrible thus far.

I can see why some would agree Big Ben is still the best QB in the AFC North, but give me Andy Dalton and especially Flacco over Roethlisberger‎. Even if you take Todd Haley out the picture, I'd be more comfortable with both Dalton and Flacco. To me, Roethlisberger‎ is one of the more overrated QBs league-wide, and vice versa with Dalton. Yes, I'll admit I'm a bit biased considering my love for the Bengals / hatred for the Steelers (hey, at least I'm honest!).

The AFC North is a madhouse at the moment, and up for grabs minus Pittsburgh of course (I mean come on, even as mediocre as you claim the Bengals/Ravens/Browns - they're nowhere near the sheer embarrassment the Steelers are right now). Herm Edwards called it at the beginning of the season, and claimed the Browns will shock people this year; tied for 1st place in the same division as the reigning SB champs, I'd say he may be onto something.

The Ravens just aren't who they were back in January. Flacco isn't the same Flacco we seen back in January. The AFC North belongs to the Bengals this year, plain and simple. We just vecan't seem to win a playoff game. The Texans have punk'd us two years back-to-back, and honestly, I hope we get them again somehow in the 1st round so we can get this monkey off our back, and make the SuperBowl, which we are capable of, yes, even with Andy Dalton.

Dalton isn't an elite QB, never will be. But we all know he's one hell of a game manager. With the amount of talent in Cincy on both sides of the football, maybe the Bengals are the exception that you don't necessarily need an elite QB to make the SB. Maybe I'm wrong, and he'll choke again in the 1st round. Only time will tell, but I think it's pretty safe to say Cincy wins the AFC North and probably more like 11-5 instead of the insulting 9-7 you suggested.

ATM, yes Dalton looks pretty average. 85% QBR, barely over 1k yards passing, 5 TDs with 4 picks after four games, but he'll pick up the slack and his numbers will improve by the end of the season, but more importantly, people should be more focused on the win/loss category as it's the one that matters most, does it not? Dalton is an excellent game manager, and maybe that's all we need. I'd rather have a QB capable of managing shit effectively... managing us effectively enough to make the SuperBowl, instead of being more focused on his individual stats compared to say a Brady or Manning and wondering/debating if dude is Pro-Bowl worthy.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
Guy Ledouche
I hit open layups

Guy Ledouche has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

Nope.
Guy Ledouche is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: