Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default StateProperty Six-Pack

1. Is this the real Philip Rivers? Or is the '11-'12 Rivers the real guy? Is this resurgence in his career just a false alarm or has he reestablished himself as a top tier QB?

2. Which man has been more influential to the Chiefs' success? Alex Smith, Andy Reid, or new DC Bob Sutton? (The Chiefs' points against defense has gone from 25th to 1st this year)

3. Which remaining undefeated is the best and why? Are they the most complete team? Seattle, Denver, New Orleans, Miami, New England, KC

4. Predict Denver's 1st loss

5. Considering the Falcons losses have come to teams who are a combined 11-0, is their 1-3 record a reason to panic? Are their playoff hopes in jeopardy or have they just had a tough schedule and will improve throughout the season?

6. How many backup QB's in the league are better than Blaine Gabbert? (backups currently starting such as Hoyer, Cassel, and Fitzpatrick count towards this question)

Last edited by StateProperty : 09-30-2013 at 01:55 AM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: StateProperty Six-Pack

I would just like to say that in the huge debate of "who is the 5th best QB in the NFL" I am now leaning toward Rivers

He played at an absolutely elite level yesterday...he was surgical
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
1. Is this the real Philip Rivers? Or is the '11-'12 Rivers the real guy? Is this resurgence in his career just a false alarm or has he reestablished himself as a top tier QB?
This is the real Phillip Rivers. I don't know why his slump over the last few years was so bad, but he has definitely re-established himself as an above average starting quarter back.

2. Which man has been more influential to the Chiefs' success? Alex Smith, Andy Reid, or new DC Bob Sutton? (The Chiefs' points against defense has gone from 25th to 1st this year)
Bob Sutton. Alex Smith is still a game manager (an effective one, but still) and the defensive turn around has been astounding.

3. Which remaining undefeated is the best and why? Are they the most complete team? Seattle, Denver, New Orleans, Miami, New England, KC
I would say the most complete is Seattle but the scariest is Denver. Seattle has proven that its defense is league best and an offense with Wilson and Lynch is very good. I say Denver is the scariest because of how ridiculous their offense has been this year. Absolutely unbelievable.

4. Predict Denver's 1st loss
This is a tough one. I'd be surprised if they lost before Week 12 in New England so I'll guess there.

5. Considering the Falcons losses have come to teams who are a combined 11-0, is their 1-3 record a reason to panic? Are their playoff hopes in jeopardy or have they just had a tough schedule and will improve throughout the season?
Not a reason to panic, but they definitely have to start winning games. The Falcons are not a bad team. A couple of close losses to very good teams, but it is way too early to count them out. I predict they will win 9 or 10 games.

6. How many backup QB's in the league are better than Blaine Gabbert? (backups currently starting such as Hoyer, Cassel, and Fitzpatrick count towards this question)
A lot. I'll try and name them.
Cassel, Fitzpatrick, Cousins, Orton, Shaun Hill, Jason Campbell, Terrelle Pryor/Matt Flynn, Geno Smith (if you count Sanchez as the starter), Matt Moore, and Nick Foles. A staggering total of 10
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Rivers does this all the time, shows glimpses then collapses so well see.. although AFC is weak this year so he has more opportunity.

Andy Reids love for short-midrange passes to running backs paired w/ a QB who loves to methodically pick you apart small play by small play is perfect.. Alex Smith gets no love but hes a tough nosed player and a leader. Chiefs wouldnt be doing this if they had some castoff quarterback or rookie. Hes legit.

Denver is the best.. seattle slightly below then everybody else isnt too close.

@Colts oct 20.

I think falcons make playoffs.. too talented offensively not to.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Rivers does this all the time, shows glimpses then collapses so well see.. although AFC is weak this year so he has more opportunity.

Andy Reids love for short-midrange passes to running backs paired w/ a QB who loves to methodically pick you apart small play by small play is perfect.. Alex Smith gets no love but hes a tough nosed player and a leader. Chiefs wouldnt be doing this if they had some castoff quarterback or rookie. Hes legit.

Denver is the best.. seattle slightly below then everybody else isnt too close.

@Colts oct 20.

I think falcons make playoffs.. too talented offensively not to.

It amazes me how people re-write history.

Rivers has shown glimpses of this....for three straight seasons. From 2008-2010.....three years is a "glimpse" to you?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It amazes me how people re-write history.

Rivers has shown glimpses of this....for three straight seasons. From 2008-2010.....three years is a "glimpse" to you?
Huh? Not saying he isnt an elite QB, just that chargers always seem to fall apart after a good start.. at least recently thats been my impression.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

2. Andy Reid... brought Alex Smith in as his guy. Romeo was one of the nicest guys in the league but he aint cut out to be a head coach...night and day.

5. mike smith is a loser. falcons are done. they wont beat any good teams with this guy coaching.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: