Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Question Discussion: 2014 NBA/Lakers Offseason | Exit Interviews

Quote:
Likely that LAL have have at worst No. 6/7 pick, w/a chance of moving up in lottery. Kupchak said in Feb. there could be 10 elite players.
Quote:
Kupchak said the draft process is "just beginning." Things will be much more clear after everyone holds work outs/interviews, etc.
Quote:
D'Antoni changed his system to accommodate Gasol/Howard last year when LAL went 28-12 to finish the year before Kobe tore his Achilles.
Quote:
Potential franchise changers in this coming NBA Draft? Kupchak: "Yes … I think there are several that could be really, really good."
Quote:
Quote:
"If you look at the (potential) free agents, there is probably not as good a player as Pau Gasol."
Mitch Kupchak
Quote:
Quote:
Only said it's a "possibility" to trade the pick, like any other team or any pick. RT @RealGM: Kupchak: Lakers Open To Trading Lottery Pick.
—Mitch Kupchak
Quote:
D'Antoni: "I do think that the game is changing, and some of the hard part of coaching is to be able to drag people over to the next side."
Quote:
Kupchak, as he's suggested throughout this season, maintains that it's very important not to spend LAL's cap space unwisely. In other words, LAL aren't going to throw out a max contract offer this summer unless Kupchak thinks it's warranted.
Quote:
Kupchak: We haven't had a pick this high certainly since I've been here, and that's been quite some time." (James Worthy, 1982).
Quote:
Kupchak just isn't worried about it: "Kobe's had a tough 2 years. He's had to live through this season, his 18th in the NBA". In addition to some time with the family, Kobe will see his doctor in Germany, said Kupchak.
Quote:
Kupchak on D'Antoni this season w/t injuries: "Under the circumstances, I'm not sure anybody could have done a better job than he did."
Quote:
Kupchak: "At some point in the near future I'll sit down with Mike and Jim Buss and review the season, which is what we do every year."
Quote:
Mitch Kupchak says that he could envision Kobe continuing his career beyond the 2 years remaining on his contract.

Will post exit interviews later or tomorrow.

Last edited by $LakerGold : Yesterday at 03:40 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: