Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #106
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆Official Pau Gasol Thread: Pau's contract year

Pau's been really busy lately. I won't be surprised if he joins the Heat. Giving him that same old speech that they gave Ray Allen years ago: "We will appreciate you & utilize you properly, we assure you that you will never have to worry about being in a trade rumor again."

Last edited by $LakerGold : 07-01-2014 at 11:37 PM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #107
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they keep the big 3 and add Pau they'll by far be the favorites next season. He'd have to take a huge paycut though. Think about if they added him and Lowry. Lowry as a 5th option would be just fine. Unlike here where it's a 2nd....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #108
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paycut down to 5m? What's their cap situation, anyway?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having Lowry as a 5th scoring option for my team. Wooo, that'd be like a pipe dream. I'm excited to see what their bench is going to look like next season & how they're going to move/switch things around.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:52 PM   #109
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sure Riley's first pitch is probably the vets minimum. They don't have a ton of room to play around with. I'm sure they'd go for about 5 million though.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #110
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

I guess this is goodbye.......
Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #111
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: ☆Official Pau Gasol Thread: No room left for Pau?

Yup sounds like Pau is going to Chicago or San Antonio. OKC still has a chance. I think Riley might offer him much more now.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #112
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Officially: In the end it's Pau to the bulls for the MLE...

Ariza'd himself

Last edited by gts : 07-12-2014 at 06:34 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #113
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, it's official now! Lakers tanking next season. No wonder they didn't want to fire D'Antoni. They wanted to keep a scapegoat to lay all blame on for next season tanking

Been a pleasure, Pau. Made right decision getting away from the madness that has been Lakers front-office last 3 seasons led by Jimmy Buss. Enjoy winning games in Chicago with smarter organization!

Last edited by bladefd : 07-12-2014 at 06:52 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #114
dd24
College superstar

'antoni did the right thing by quitting. He wasn't a fit here and this team isn't built to win right now.

How bad was the offer from Chicago that we couldn't get anything in return? Or I wonder if it was just the front office being jerks and screwing over Pau again. For a guy that brought the Lakers a few titles they sure didn't appreciate him.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #115
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Been a pleasure, Pau. Made right decision getting away from the madness that has been Lakers front-office last 3 seasons led by Jimmy Buss. Enjoy winning games in Chicago with smarter organization!

Well said. For Pau, it was not about the money. Since Dr. Buss passed, Pau was treated horribly by the organization and he kept it professional for the most part. He certainly acted with more class than many of us would have under similar circumstances.

By his own decision, he is likely to take much LESS money to get out of the madness that is the Laker organization today. Lakers were prepared to give him 3-Years for $29M (which would have been a crazy contract), and he rejected it (good for him!). This speaks volumes about the situation going on there....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #116
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very happy for Pau. Moves on to a team in instant contention fro Conference Finals.

He just didn't seem happy in LA since the 2 titles. Always floated in trade rumors, actually traded for CP3, given so much blame for everything, and the Mike D fiasco. Good riddance.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #117
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did Chicago amnesty Boozer yet? I know their owner didn't want to.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #118
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Did Chicago amnesty Boozer yet? I know their owner didn't want to.

Not yet... Probably won't but they still have 2 days...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #119
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gunna miss Pau...wish he retired a Laker.

But I understand why he left....was not treated well by the FO or fan base.

He helped us get two titles and helped us to three straight Finals.

Man...can't believe that was 4 years a go.

Good luck Pau!!!!

I would root for the Bulls if the made it to the Finals and played any other team but the Lakers of course.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #120
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Not yet... Probably won't but they still have 2 days...

SO they are keeping Boozer?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: