Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banned?

Due to me being banned pretty regulary lately, I've been wondering is this for a while. Should the basic human rights of every single American citizen be observed on a privately owned message board?

WhileI understand there are obvious rules and regulations to ISH, to whose discretion are these rules being abided by? Is there a checks and balance for when this individual propietor chooses to invoke his/her "banning" authority?

Now let me add this is not a hate thread or a pot shot at Jeff. Matter of fact, Jeff and I have establish a pretty good chemistry during my last couple of banishments. Hopefully this thread will invoke stimulating and educational discussions that will be heard throughout all internet communities. Thank you for your time.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banned?

You can be censored, there is no arguing this one. I am pretty sure if Jeff wants to he can just ban someone for the sake of banning them. Especially if you challenge him to, he will do it, speaking from experience.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banned?

shut the fuuuuuuuck up.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
echo484
I airball my layups

echo484 has an OK reputation so far

The first amendment prevents the government from restricting free speech. The cops can't arrest you if you say Smush Parker >>> prime Jordan, but the mods here can ban you for whatever subjective reasons they want.

Yay first post.
echo484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ming ming bah
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banne

No.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
shut the fuuuuuuuck up.

That is what I said in a civilized manner.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Message board is privately owned. The owner can do anything he wants.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo484
The first amendment prevents the government from restricting free speech. The cops can't arrest you if you say Smush Parker >>> prime Jordan, but the mods here can ban you for whatever subjective reasons they want.

Yay first post.

A newcomer with more sense than PleezeBelieve, not surprised.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You have no absolute rights... follow the board rules and you wont get banned....

From what I have seen, I am not sure you are able to do that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

SoCalMike

Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
. Should the basic human rights of every single American citizen be observed on a privately owned message board?

As already pointed out, this is a private forum (i.e. a business that reserves the right to serve you for any reason). Also freedom of speech is not a basic human right, it is a specific right protected by the First Amendment.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Someone needs to start a "how many times you've been banned count"

And from now on, bans should be renamed "being in time-out".
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You used your "freedom of speech" to agree to a bet with LakersDynasty that you LOST, which should have kept you off the board

So in reality you're violating your own freedom of speech by continuing to post after you already agreed to leave.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ban him...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: