Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #16
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banne

When I was in 4th grade, I had a keychain that read, "Everybody has the right to be stupid, but you're abusing the privilege."
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banned?

I'm still protesting the illegal banning of Raw Rice....
who was the greatest thread starter in the history of ISH....
these suburban morons were light years behind his vision for the website..
If these fools would have only listened to him...
some hot chicks would be using this message board...
And that is precisely what these lame juicey fruits are afraid of....

Last edited by SecondFiddle : 02-23-2007 at 06:46 PM.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banned?

You realize the right to free speech only means you have the right to say what you want without fear of arrest. No one says you have the right to spout out at the mouth without being kicked out of a private community.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #19
rezznor
Nosetradamus

is my right to read moron-free message board posts violated everytime pleezebelieve starts a threade? i believe it is.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Default Re: OT: Are My Rightful Privileges Of Freedom Of Speech Being Violated When I'm Banne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Should the basic human rights of every single American citizen be observed on a privately owned message board?
In your case, hell no.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #21
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

I'm in protest of getting banned also, & I also dont like it when my comments or threads get erased. It almost seems like you cant remotely disagree with anyone on here without having someone complain about your post. I understand that some things are not appropriate but why is it that if I disagree with a LeBron dunk not being as good as every one else is making it out to be, my comment gets erased? I have also wondered if the Mods erase certain things they disagreed with just because they themselves are fans of the team that a comment is being posted about.

I think that with anything you have to have a balance of opinions in order to make the discussion a valid one. I just wished some of y'all just quit complaining to the Mods for stuff that is'nt even worth their time reviewing!!!
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #22
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
I'm in protest of getting banned also, & I also dont like it when my comments or threads get erased. It almost seems like you cant remotely disagree with anyone on here without having someone complain about your post. I understand that some things are not appropriate but why is it that if I disagree with a LeBron dunk not being as good as every one else is making it out to be, my comment gets erased? I have also wondered if the Mods erase certain things they disagreed with just because they themselves are fans of the team that a comment is being posted about.

I think that with anything you have to have a balance of opinions in order to make the discussion a valid one. I just wished some of y'all just quit complaining to the Mods for stuff that is'nt even worth their time reviewing!!!

Actually, if you follow the forum guidelines that have been defined by this site, I doubt you would ever get banned. Did you consider that as an option?

Visit: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21206

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #23
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Message board is privately owned. The owner can do anything he wants.

there is your answer...short and simple.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
shut the fuuuuuuuck up.

cosign
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #25
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
there is your answer...short and simple.

I can vouch for that, SskSpurs21 was a witness to the ownage Jeff put on me.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #26
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Actually, if you follow the forum guidelines that have been defined by this site, I doubt you would ever get banned. Did you consider that as an option?

Visit: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21206

Yes I have read and followed the forum guidelines and I myself have only been banned once but why do certain post get erased???

The "Guidelines Thread" says stuff like "CONTRIBUTE INTELLIGENT, THOUGHTFUL POSTS TO THIS BOARD" and
"BE NICE TO PEOPLE. BE FRIENDLY AND COOL"
. I agree with stuff like that but what the Mods and Posters have to understand is that being friendly is interpreted by the person on the receiving end of it, in other words, what I think is friendly others may not. Y'all have to understand that we all come from different cultures here and we all like to get our points across in different ways.
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #27
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Yes I have read and followed the forum guidelines and I myself have only been banned once but why do certain post get erased???

The "Guidelines Thread" says stuff like "CONTRIBUTE INTELLIGENT, THOUGHTFUL POSTS TO THIS BOARD" and
"BE NICE TO PEOPLE. BE FRIENDLY AND COOL"
. I agree with stuff like that but what the Mods and Posters have to understand is that being friendly is interpreted by the person on the receiving end of it, in other words, what I think is friendly others may not. Y'all have to understand that we all come from different cultures here and we all like to get our points across in different ways.

Jeff can ban you simply if he just hates you, get over it. He is reasonable so there is no point to this thread.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #28
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
what the Mods and Posters have to understand is that being friendly is interpreted by the person on the receiving end of it, in other words, what I think is friendly others may not. Y'all have to understand that we all come from different cultures here and we all like to get our points across in different ways.
Good point. When someone enters my house I expect them to tongue-bath my boots. Lots of people don't and it gets pretty frustrating. I've had to choke one of my neighbors at least four times over it. And the bastard will still ask to borrow my hammer afterwards. One day I'm going to "lend" it to his forehead.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #29
artificial
:-P

question to the thread starter>>

why do you keep coming back? you get banned, you aren't convinced on why, and most importantly no one seems to respect you on this board. so why bother to come back?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #30
rezznor
Nosetradamus

^^^^he likes the attention because his mom doesnt give him any. his dad does, but thats only in the middle of the night, and under the covers so it doesnt count.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: