Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 09-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Shade8780
poo

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What college team should I support?

I've been bouncing around different teams but can't stick with one. Looking for a team that is good at both basketball and football, and that is also not filled with bandwagoners.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What college team should I support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I've been bouncing around different teams but can't stick with one. Looking for a team that is good at both basketball and football, and that is also not filled with bandwagoners.

dont know what to say to you, maybe support the closest team to you
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Shade8780
poo

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
dont know what to say to you, maybe support the closest team to you

Old 09-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

florida
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Notre Dame?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Notre Dame?
i think he wants a good team
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

I wasn't even thinking in that segment, i was relating Irish with Notre Dame.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:31 AM   #8
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fairfield Stags!
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
Shade8780
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
yus
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Florida? They're pretty good at football and have made the elite 8 two years in a row.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
MP.Trey
Band

MP.Trey is popular on this boardMP.Trey is popular on this boardMP.Trey is popular on this boardMP.Trey is popular on this board

Quote:
yus
Ohio State is #4 in the nation in football and was #6 in the nation in basketball last year. Could be a good place to start.

For basketball, common starting places are UNC/Duke/Kansas/Kentucky. But they're basically basketball schools. If you want schools that excel at both I recommend:

Ohio State
Michigan
Louisville (Good football team this year, but football not traditionally as strong as basketball)
Miami(FL)
Florida
Oregon

I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting but those are the most prominent in my mind.
MP.Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Blue bloods:
dook*, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA

All those programs have been historically great throughout the decades, have had dominant periods, have won multiple championships, have had influential coaches to the game of basketball as a whole, and put a number of great pros in the league. Each fan base is spread out across the country, exceptionally loyal, optimistic, arrogant, and irrational. Not necessarily in that order.

In terms of recent success (last decade):
UNC - 2 championships, 3 F4's, 6 E8's
UConn - 2 championships, 3 F4's, 4 E8's
UF - 2 championships, 2 F4's, 5 E8's
UoL - 1 championship, 3 F4's 5 E8's
KU - 1 championship, 2 F4's, 5 E8's
UK - 1 championship, 2 F4's, 4 E8's
DU - 1 championship, 2 F4's, 3 E8's
MSU - 0 championships, 3 F4's, 3 E8's
UCLA - 0 Championships, 3 F4's, 3 E8's
OSU - 0 championships, 2 F4's, 3 E8's

Other teams top teams:
Syracuse, Arizona, Georgetown, Michigan, Villanova, Marquette, Wisconsin, and a bunch of others. Most of the fan bases are very regionalized for these programs. But you live in Ireland, so I doubt it matters.

Possible up and coming teams:
VCU, Richmond, St. John's, Oklahoma State, Creighton, New Mexico, UVA, Oregon, LBSU, Providence, LSU, UNLV, and others. A few of those have a decently rich history as well. LSU, UVA, St. Johns, and UNLV off the top of my head.

If you plan to support this team for all sports, I'm not going to do the research but I believe UCLA, UNC, OSU, and Michigan are really good in other sports other than basketball. If it's just the big two (basketball and football) then UCLA, Florida, Louisville, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State are your best bets from the teams above. Also Texas deserves a mention, even though both their basketball and football programs are in shambles right now. Of course if you are more interested in football then there are a ton of programs missing.

I probably forgot a few. You should definitely check out each team and decide for yourself. The playing styles of most of those teams are substantially different. Some are more 3pt reliant, some run closer to NBA sets, some are more physical, some like to run nonstop, some use up the entire 35 second shot clock, some pressure on d, some prefer to give up 3s, some primarily play zone, and so on. College basketball is much more diverse than the NBA and the rules play an important role for that.

Forget to mention, some of those program could have a coaching change soon and some might fall off a bit because of the new conferences. Something to consider.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 09-29-2013 at 05:48 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #13
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Florida is nice. They are good in football and basketball. Not sure on the bandwagon part.
Michigan State/Michigan/Ohio State/Washington Huskies/ND/UCLA come to mind as well.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would probably go with something like Ohio State. Good football and basketball programs that are constantly on ESPN/national networks.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I would probably go with something like Ohio State. Good football and basketball programs that are constantly on ESPN/national networks.

Ohio State and Michigan both actually work pretty well. They're not as bandwagon-y as other teams like Alabama or USC (circa 2003-2005ish) due to people just generally liking to hate on the Big 10.

UCLA could potentially be good if the new basketball coach proves to be adequate. Can't be much worse than Howland in recent years.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: