Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default SP Six-Pack Questions (week 5)

1. The Jets are now 3-2 with a rookie starting quarterback. After starting the year staring at a hot seat, how do the Jets need to finish to keep Rex Ryan's job?

2. How do you see Josh Freeman's career continuing in Minny? Who is abette option at QB right now (Freeman, Cassel, Ponder) and for the future?

3. What is wrong with the giants and how do you fix it? Who on the team needs to go? Coughlin?

4. Have the Raiders found a future starter in Pryor or should they takes another shot at the draft this year on a QB? Has he proved he's worth taking the time to develop?

5. Are the Chiefs contenders or pretenders? Why or why not?

6. Take a guess at Denver's first loss
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: SP Six-Pack Questions (week 5)

3. The Giants are bad in literally everything this year...from the QB play, to the play calling, to possibly the worst oline in the league, to the lack of runners, to a defense that has given up 182 points which is the most in the NFL, more than Jax even.

I really think they are going to land Clowney because Jax and Tampa are going to want to draft QBs, I think NY will have a top-3 pick, and Clowney will be there for them.

To fix that team? IDK, I saw a poll on FF asking if Eli should be benched but the majority said no...he has thrown 12 INTs this year and is on pace for 38 and the majority of those 12 picks are in the 4th Q. He has a passer rating of 65 which is bottom-3, he is actually doing worse than Ponder.

Keep Eli, draft Clowney, get a new coach...that's all I got

(you asked the same Denver question in your last "six-pack")
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. 8-8. Personally I wouldn't fire him even if they finished worse than that. Dude is a good coach.

2. Ok. He's a good fit with them. He's better than Ponder/Cassel.

3. No pass rush, No offensive line. Tank - Draft Clowney. Coughlin's time is up as well.

4. I like Pryor but I'd see how he finishes the year. If he struggles and Teddy is still on the board when they pick I'd definitely take him.

5. Contenders (although not top tier contenders). Not as good as their record though. Played very weak competition.

6. At Colts. Denver is by far the most overrated team in the league. The best team they've played are the Cowboys (who are average at best) and they almost lost that game.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pryor is the black RGIII
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Pryor is the black RGIII
But is he "down with the cause"?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
3. The Giants are bad in literally everything this year...from the QB play, to the play calling, to possibly the worst oline in the league, to the lack of runners, to a defense that has given up 182 points which is the most in the NFL, more than Jax even.

I really think they are going to land Clowney because Jax and Tampa are going to want to draft QBs, I think NY will have a top-3 pick, and Clowney will be there for them.

To fix that team? IDK, I saw a poll on FF asking if Eli should be benched but the majority said no...he has thrown 12 INTs this year and is on pace for 38 and the majority of those 12 picks are in the 4th Q. He has a passer rating of 65 which is bottom-3, he is actually doing worse than Ponder.

Keep Eli, draft Clowney, get a new coach...that's all I got

(you asked the same Denver question in your last "six-pack")
And don't resign people based on historical performance. The Giants like a lot of teams after a title, signed people almost as gifts. TUCK HELPED US WIN A TITLE, HE'S AWESOME. WE DON'T NEED MORE RECEIVERS, NICKS WILL BE HEALTHY WHEN IT COUNTS. (You can repeat this line for 10 giants, he'll be healthy when it counts...i don't know why they'd think that, but they did all over.)

They need to retool, not a full rebuild because there is talent, and some reasonable priced talent, and we have a QB. But this can't be plug in here, there and everywhere. They need to stop ****ing around and get some more players.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
1. 8-8. Personally I wouldn't fire him even if they finished worse than that. Dude is a good coach.

2. Ok. He's a good fit with them. He's better than Ponder/Cassel.

3. No pass rush, No offensive line. Tank - Draft Clowney. Coughlin's time is up as well.

4. I like Pryor but I'd see how he finishes the year. If he struggles and Teddy is still on the board when they pick I'd definitely take him.

5. Contenders (although not top tier contenders). Not as good as their record though. Played very weak competition.

6. At Colts. Denver is by far the most overrated team in the league. The best team they've played are the Cowboys (who are average at best) and they almost lost that game.

They aren't overrated, they're good. Just because they've had a weak schedule doesn't mean they are overrated.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

They need better linebackers and OLine play. It's a huge issue for them.

Also need another corner....and Pugh to develop.

A game changing tight end would make them very tough to stop.

Ideal draft:

Matthews, tackle...first round

Ebron, Lyerla or Seferian-Jenkins, TE....second round

Yawin Smallwood, linebacker.....third round

Corner with fourth round.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
They aren't overrated, they're good. Just because they've had a weak schedule doesn't mean they are overrated.
They aren't some dominant unbeatable team like the media is portraying them.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

1. The Jets are now 3-2 with a rookie starting quarterback. After starting the year staring at a hot seat, how do the Jets need to finish to keep Rex Ryan's job?

6 or 7 wins should be enough to save his job. It would be completely asinine to fire him.

2. How do you see Josh Freeman's career continuing in Minny? Who is abette option at QB right now (Freeman, Cassel, Ponder) and for the future?

I think Freeman may actually be their best option. That has more to do with Ponder and Cassel than Freeman though.

3. What is wrong with the giants and how do you fix it? Who on the team needs to go? Coughlin?

They're terrible in the trenches. They will likely be picking in the top 5, so that would be a good chance to take an offensive lineman. Continue to focus on linemen throughout the draft.

4. Have the Raiders found a future starter in Pryor or should they takes another shot at the draft this year on a QB? Has he proved he's worth taking the time to develop?

I like Pryor. They should build around him in the draft.

5. Are the Chiefs contenders or pretenders? Why or why not?

They're much better than I thought they would be, but I don't think they're super bowl contenders.

6. Take a guess at Denver's first loss

Call me crazy, but I think they're going 16-0. I don't know how anyone will be able to beat them when they get Miller and Bailey back.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: