Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which new smartphone do I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
I would recommend getting the Nokia Lumia 925. It's basically a Lumia 920 but much thinner and lighter. Looks great too.
except then you would be stuck using windows phone
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #32
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just bought a Note 3 and I really like it so far. The size really isn't that big of a deal and the screen is great. I'm a big fan of the stylus so far too.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

icloud plus iphone has been the best phone experience i've ever had. I'm an ex android user. Just about at the two year mark for me and the phone has performed bug free and maintained its battery life. I'm very pleased.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Jet
I brick open layups

Jet is a pretty well-respected posterJet is a pretty well-respected posterJet is a pretty well-respected poster

HTC One
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #35
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

I would stick with the Samsung Galaxy lines or the HTC Ones. As a former iPhone user, I found that the IOS is so boring and out-dated. Even with the new IOS 7, it's still very unappealing. Most of the new features in the IOS7, Android already has it. Best thing is to try it out in the Apple store and see if the iPhone is right for you. It is really personal preference.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is the best smartphone out right now if you don't count the Galaxy Note 3 which is just not a phone anymore.

For me I think it has everything you need to have:
-Large, high quality screen and the phone is incredibly thin
-Android 4.3 is awesome, and with the Kit Kat coming out soon? iOS7 doesn't compare.
-Great google integration as well, which helps with almost all the apps you need.

Only thing I'd say the iPhone is better at is iMessage and some apps in the Appstore. Other than that? Android is the way to go.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #37
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

can someone explain to me why Samsungs are garbage? cause I'm wanting a Note 3 pretty bad
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #38
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

htc one max or nexus 5. i am so in love with my htc one... fukk samsung and apple
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #39
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
can someone explain to me why Samsungs are garbage? cause I'm wanting a Note 3 pretty bad
They're not bad, but they're made of plastic which gives a "cheap" (they're certainly not cheap) feel.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #40
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
personally to save money I would get a Samsung Galaxy S3, root the son-of-a-bitch and run Cynoganmod on it. It'll run super-smooth without bugs. Otherwise if you're looking for a great Flagship phone i would suggest either the S4, HTC One, Motorola X or the Galaxy Note 3 coming out soon.

The Note 3 will have 2 quad core processors in it.

Great review on Note 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NSBB-kFDGQ

Also S3 rooted aka SuperNexus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQy0NeVnxLo

Can someone explain to me why rooting your phone is a good idea? What are the benefits? Does it allow me to do more? If so, like what?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #41
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Can someone explain to me why rooting your phone is a good idea? What are the benefits? Does it allow me to do more? If so, like what?
http://gizmodo.com/5982287/reasons-t...android-device
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #42
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
Shitty build quality
They infect and warp the Android OS with their TouchWiz (or whatever it's called), which is laggy
Horrid customer service
Short lifespan
Gimmicky features that are half assed and don't work properly (if at all)
Shitty screen… really, the colors aren't realistic… vibrant YES but not realistic
Again… L A G
Poor battery life

Even many in the Android community dislike and dismiss Samsung's offerings. So this isn't some sort of Apple fanboy rant, I recommended the HTC One which is a very nice phone.

They've also been caught lying about their benchmarks in order to sell to the geek community obsessed with specs and benchmarks.

Again, I'm sure some Android users will attest to everything I just posted.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #43
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987

Thanks, repped.

EDIT: I'm not sure its really something I need. I just text and talk for the most of it. My HTC One does that, so, meh. I'm not really fussed, but I can see the appeal for a lot of people. I'm just not on my phone that much. I'd be fine with one of the old Nokia bricks even today.

Last edited by plowking : 10-15-2013 at 01:35 AM.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #44
shallehalle
High School Varsity 12th Man

shallehalle has decent reputationshallehalle has decent reputation

i'm getting samsung galaxy note 3
shallehalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #45
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Get the iPhone 5S.

Mines coming on Wednesday.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: