Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Why does Lebron get absolutely no respect at all? From the legends to his peers

I mean, I've posted those quotes from Legends before. MJ, Magic, Barkley, Bird, etc. None of them respected Lebron and said in their days, they would beat each other, not team up. Feel free to dig up my old threads. They disrespect Lebron. Especially MJ. Dude has come out time after time giving Kobe props while ignoring Lebron.

Now, even his peers?

Having been the best player in the league for a few years.. yet nobody wants him to take the last shot? Probably not even his teammates, as they are thinking Ray Allen.

So what gives? Is it his flopping? Will his collusion forever follow him, and he'll always be known as the guy that took the easy path and gets no respect? I've honestly never seen the best guy in the NBA get disrespected so much before. People feared and respected MJ, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem, Magic, etc. It seems like no one takes lebron seriously these days.

Quote:
Asked which player they wanted to take the last shot with the clock winding down and a game on the line, 88 percent of the players picked Jordan, with Bryant getting the other 12 percent.

The question cuts to the heart of something that's irked James in recent years. He's fought a perception that he is not a clutch player, especially in the wake of poor showings in his first two appearances in the NBA Finals.

Still, it seems that despite winning the past two Finals MVP Awards, James has a way to go to earn respect among some peers.

"I'd want the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game, but I'd want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot," an Eastern Conference guard told ESPN the Magazine. "And don't forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter, either."
Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why does Lebron get absolutely no respect at all? From the legends to his peers

Links to the quoted?

And yes this doesn't surprise me at all. I don't really have anything to add because this is all common sense to most people. Lebron is still the most complete player today though, and it is a great talent to have.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why does Lebron get absolutely no respect at all? From the legends to his peers

Because they all know that when it's all said and done, Lebron might actually end up being a better player than them. They're threatened. They know that Kobe doesn't have a chance, so they don't feel the need to "disrespect" him.

Happy? Another Lebron vs Kobe trool-fest.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Sorry I left out the link. It is front page ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/98...n-being-clutch

Someone else also posted this on another thread:
Quote:
NBA GM Survey

46.7% say they want Kevin Durant taking the last shot with the game on the line

1. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 46.7%
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 40.0%
3. Carmelo Anthony, New York -- 6.7%
So, GM's too huh..
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We don't need 3 topics on the same subject. Keep it in there.

These threads are being deleted for a reason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread