Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Thunderballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Thunderballer has an OK reputation so far
Default What you think of the tallest player playing Point Guard/Point Foward?

Hey, guys. I'm 5' 11"ish and 195lbs. and the tallest on my middle school team. I have one of the best drive, shot, 2nd best handles and pass on my team. Do you think its alright for the tallest player to handle the ball up and down the court?
I really prefer Point Foward (Point guard + Power foward hybrid. Made famous by oscar Robertson). But do u think i should just play Center/Power Foward
Thunderballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
space
Local High School Star

space has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What you think of the tallest player playing Point Guard/Point Foward?

play like chris webber, pass on top of key :)
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: What you think of the tallest player playing Point Guard/Point Foward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderballer
Hey, guys. I'm 5' 11"ish and 195lbs. and the tallest on my middle school team. I have one of the best drive, shot, 2nd best handles and pass on my team. Do you think its alright for the tallest player to handle the ball up and down the court?
I really prefer Point Foward (Point guard + Power foward hybrid. Made famous by oscar Robertson). But do u think i should just play Center/Power Foward

Someone is hyping themselves up on their first post..

But anyway, you can still play a forward position and pass the ball.. and if you prefer power forward.. ask your coach to play a 4-1 on offense (4 guys out, 1 in) allowing your center to play inside, and everyone else to play outside.. that way you can utilize all your strengths, ie shot, drive, handles and passing.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
Someone is hyping themselves up on their first post..

But anyway, you can still play a forward position and pass the ball.. and if you prefer power forward.. ask your coach to play a 4-1 on offense (4 guys out, 1 in) allowing your center to play inside, and everyone else to play outside.. that way you can utilize all your strengths, ie shot, drive, handles and passing.

I don't think the coach will change the offense just because some random guy on the internet told his PG to ask if they could play 4-1.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:14 AM   #5
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
I don't think the coach will change the offense just because some random guy on the internet told his PG to ask if they could play 4-1.

if he was the teams best player, and possibly captain.. they would probaly listen to him.. pure skill isn't all you need to play basketball, you need a brain as well.. and if he's the best player then i think his coach will take some of his advice and possibly build a 4-1 system which could function with his team.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:43 AM   #6
JMEWLS

Well you want the best ballhandler and passer to bring up the ball. If you consider yourself that person, by all means be point guard. But if there's someone better then you at it, let them. You cant expect to take away someones spot, just because you want to play it.

On defense play on there centre, and play as point guard on offense.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
DJones11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DJones11 has an OK reputation so far

That happens a lot in middle school ball, I played point and I was the tallest at 5'9" in 7th grade and then I was the tallest in 8th grade at 5'10 1/2".

Now I'm shorter than the point guard and I play shooting guard on varsity.

**** happens.
DJones11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: