Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #31
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavs to retire Big Z's No. 11 jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
That's true but that still doesn't mean that they have to retire mediocre players.

Might as well retire Mo Williams jersey also.
Only played a few seasons with Cleveland, not worthy. Z is worthy of it.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #32
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Uncle Drew has not been impressing people

If Andy V is able to stay healthy for four or five more years, he'll probably get his jersey retired too. In fact, I am almost 100% sure he will.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
That's true but that still doesn't mean that they have to retire mediocre players.

Might as well retire Mo Williams jersey also.

Mo Williams was a Cav for 2 1/2 seasons. Z was there for 14, was a solid 15-16/8 2 BPG player and was a multiple time All-Star.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #34
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
If Andy V is able to stay healthy for four or five more years, he'll probably get his jersey retired too. In fact, I am almost 100% sure he will.
Hope not, even with what you mentioned.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #35
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Hope not, even with what you mentioned.
I'm fully expecting him to. He's already going into his 10th year as a Cavalier, that's a lot. Might have an All Star appearance or two at that time too. I think he would deserve it, if he can stay healthy, of course.

Last edited by Uncle Drew : 10-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #36
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
I'm fully expecting him to. He's already going into his 10th year as a Cavalier, that's a lot. Might have an All Star appearance or two at that time too. I think he would deserve it, if he can stay healthy, of course.

Geez! I feel sorry for Cavs fans.

Andy V getting his jersey retired is a bigger joke than Big Z.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #37
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Z's career was supposed to be over in 2000. He had multiple foot surgeries and bounced back to be a top 5(or borderline) center at his best and an All-Star. Varejao's best staistical seasons, he only played in 25 games each time. And he's not nearly as respected as Ilgauskas.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #38
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Z's career was supposed to be over in 2000. He had multiple foot surgeries and bounced back to be a top 5(or borderline) center at his best and an All-Star. Varejao's best staistical seasons, he only played in 25 games each time. And he's not nearly as respected as Ilgauskas.
Yeah, I know. As I said in a previous post, Z has meant a lot to both the city and the franchise. But if Andy could get to those 15 years (which I think he won't), he might have a case.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #39
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He was an all star who played there for a decade. Besides, who else do they have to retire other than price?
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
Yeah, I know. As I said in a previous post, Z has meant a lot to both the city and the franchise. But if Andy could get to those 15 years (which I think he won't), he might have a case.

Even if he did, just hasn't done enough on or off the court. He didn't even crack double digit points until the lockout season. 15 seasons isn't going to matter. He's 31 coming off a major injury and hasn't done anything significant in any full season he's played.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

I heard Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall are getting their's retired too.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #42
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
They didn't play here long enough.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #43
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO

Don't forget Ira Newble!

J/K. Big Z deserves it. Congratulations to him I say!
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #44
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Favorite time during his career was when he rocked the beard...

Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #45
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Not one cavs fan is surprised.

I'm glad he's still a part of the organization.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: