Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
GaryRaymond23
I hit open 5-footers

GaryRaymond23 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: How will the Rockets handle Parson's contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
There aren't a lot of players of Parson's caliber that are tradable who still on their rookie contracts. Parsons is on that Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard level.

I'd agree with that, but if you can get a 1st year player with great potential AND a 1st rd pick you could potentially be in great shape. We all know Morey is the best at acquiring young talent.
GaryRaymond23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
See the thing is I can't think of the last time we went over the cap though. I don't think we'd be willing to do that which is crazy not to to me.

Different circumstances man. I'm pretty sure you guys were over the cap druing the Yao and T Mac era. In recent years as Morey kept payroll low as he was trying to acquire his superstars.

Now that he has 2 bona fide superstars I'd expect them to do everything possible to keep the core strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
The Rockets have Lin and Asik's contracts...

Parsons and Asik would be able to net the Rockets someone like LMA or Love easily I'd imagine. Love might need a third team involved since they already have Pek.

This is simply not true. Minnesota and Houston would laugh you off Darryl Morey off the phone if he called with those offers.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #18
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Different circumstances man. I'm pretty sure you guys were over the cap druing the Yao and T Mac era. In recent years as Morey kept payroll low as he was trying to acquire his superstars.

Now that he has 2 bona fide superstars I'd expect them to do everything possible to keep the core strong.

I hope you're right. I honestly don't know if we were over the cap back then. I'll check it out since I'm not actually going to do any work today lol.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #19
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
I hope you're right. I honestly don't know if we were over the cap back then. I'll check it out since I'm not actually going to do any work today lol.

Payroll
2008/09 ~ $73.5 (cap $58.7)
2009/10 ~ $74.2 (cap $57.7)
2010/11 ~ $71.8 (cap $58.0)
Old 10-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation

Quote:

This is simply not true. Minnesota and Houston would laugh you off Darryl Morey off the phone if he called with those offers.

I'm assuming you meant Portland.

LMA doesn't want to be in Portland anymore, according to rumors. Asik and Parsons are both very talented players and Portland would be lucky to get these two for LMA.

Lillard
Batum
Parsons
Trob
Asik

I don't see how Portland would laugh off a trade that gets them a roster like that.

As for Minny, Love is an incredible player but they might lose him to Free Agency. I'd have to imagine that Parsons and Asik (or whatever player they get from a third party for Asik) would be one of the better offers they get.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Payroll

Oh shit lol. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Quote:

LMA doesn't want to be in Portland anymore, according to rumors. Asik and Parsons are both very talented players and Portland would be lucky to get these two for LMA.

Lillard
Batum
Parsons
Trob
Asik

I don't see how Portland would laugh off a trade that gets them a roster like that.

As for Minny, Love is an incredible player but they might lose him to Free Agency. I'd have to imagine that Parsons and Asik (or whatever player they get from a third party for Asik) would be one of the better offers they get.

I didn't read the Love part because I don't want him. The LMA part was spot on. I heard the rumors of him wanting to leave too. That's why I thought the Asik and Parsons idea was a fairly good one.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Howard likes him around. Morey won't move him if that makes the big clown happy. Morey can let Lin expire and give Parson a decent contract.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #24
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:

Lillard
Batum
Parsons
Trob
Asik

Come on man the roster that the Blazers would have if they did this deal is garbage. If T Rob was good he wouldn't have been on the block for an entire month after you let the league know he was on the block (on May 30th); and you would have received more than 2 future 2nd rounders for him.

Also why do the Blazers want Asik when they already have Lopez. Asik is obviously better, but he has all the same strengths and weaknesses as Lopez.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Payroll

I had assumed whomever said they wouldnt go over the cap meant to say luxury tax. Any team will go over the cap, theres no penalty for it.

Also, I really hope Lin's contract is making the Rockets a lot of money off the court. Because its definitely hurting them on the court.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
I think Howard likes him around. Morey won't move him if that makes the big clown happy. Morey can let Lin expire and give Parson a decent contract.

Funny and true.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #27
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
I had assumed whomever said they wouldnt go over the cap meant to say luxury tax. Any team will go over the cap, theres no penalty for it.

Also, I really hope Lin's contract is making the Rockets a lot of money off the court. Because its definitely hurting them on the court.

How is he hurting them? $7 mil cap hit for a player on a non-rookie contract is par for the course for a marginal starting PG in today's NBA.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #28
Pra
Dance Gavin Dance!

Pra has decent reputation

Wilson Chandler like contract maybe? 5yrs 31M (32) I forget the exact # should of probably googled it lol. with team option in the final year?
Pra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52

Yeah that's what I meant. I still don't know how the luxury tax works. I just haven't ever really given any thought into it. I say spend big to win big. Have we ever gone into the luxury tax?

Second part I agree with 100%. I told people to stop looking at Lin's contract as a contract for his talents. It's for the money he's going to bring in.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #30
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

Depends if the Rockets keep lin.
Do they want another Steve Francis situation happening

Lin-Parsons are like that
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: