Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Default Mardy Collins and Balkman need to play more minutes

Mardy Collins needs to start getting some time on the floor. If I was Zeke I would play him over Nate and Francis. Maybe he is trying to keep their trade value up but who cares about that. We need to win and we turn the ball over too much and Nate and Francis contribute alot to these turnovers. Mardy plays defense and is a more contolled player than these guys. Jeffries is not better than Balkman, so why does he see the court before Renaldo. Jeffries gets an offensive rebound and then pulls a Charles Smith and misses the layup/dunk. This rotation gets us in the playoffs and gets us out of the first round.

Starters Bench

PG Marbury Collins
SG Crawford Balkman
SF Qrich Frye
PF Lee Jeffries/Cato
C Curry
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
sydneyking
Banned

Default Re: Mardy Collins and Balkman need to play more minutes

Mardy needs to step up his offensive game before we start talking about him getting on the court. I think his defensive abilities may merit him minutes next season. But this season? No chance.

As for Balkman: I think he's awesome. He's never going to be a star but I think he can be a very nice role player. I wish Isiah would give him more time.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

We need to give Renaldo Balkman minutes for sure. As for Collins, I don't see him gettin PT this year. I don't know if he can even knock down the 3 yet. Marbury's playing good right now to.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Mardy needs to step up his offensive game to merit minutes? With all due respect, we have enough offensive players who get minutes. Mardy is smart with the ball and just like Balkman he is excellent on defense. Just like Lee complements Curry better than Frye I think Collins off the bench complements Crawford/Marbury better than Francis or Nate. I know he has a better offensive game than Eric Snow and thats when the Sixers were at their best. Crawford/Nate/Francis all do the same thing, show flashes of being good some games than others they chuck up bad shots and get beat on D. Wouldn't you want someone who can move the ball and be able to keep a man in front of him on D and contest shots? I don't know. I respect your opinion though.
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
Fryeisgod7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Balkman needs to play more minutes as a small foward he has small foward qualities and i also dont see nate on this team next year he is not really that good he can only jump thats how he scores he dunks from the foul line i dont see him on this team next year we should get rid of fransis for a younger shooting guard who can play DEFENSE (Jamal Crawford) or a draft pick
Fryeisgod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

i agree 100 percent. he plays limited minutes but on those limited minutes u can tell he can play d. and someone made a good point he plays under control and he makes good decisions. i would like to see him play more. and balkman plays with a lot of energy. they should play more.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: