Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-26-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
LAZERUSS
NBA lottery pick

LAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why Barkley is a career loser

I get so tired of these "loser" threads.

Are you going to tell me that Jerry West was a "loser?" Hell, he only has ONE ring, and even in that post-season, he was awful. But, yes, he was "stats-padding" in his other post-seasons, when he was putting up 46 ppg series, and 38 ppg Finals (with a game seven of 42-13-12.)

What about KAJ? The man could "only' win ONE title as THE man. He couldn't carry loaded rosters past the early rounds of the playoffs in the late 70's either. And I guess he was "stats-padding" when he shelled Walton in the '77 WCF's, too...despite his TEAM being swept.

MJ? Went 1-9 in his first ten playoff games, and never beat Bird in any of them. He also played on five losing teams in his career.

Hakeem? Where do I begin. EIGHT first-round exits, in 15 playoff seasons, and in most of those his TEAM's were crushed.

Bird? HOF-laden rosters in nearly every season of his career...and yet "only" three rings. On top of that, he wasn't even a FMVP in one Finals in which his team struggled to beat a 40-42 team. And, he had numerous choke jobs along the way. Lost SEVEN times with HCA, including a sweeping series loss in one of them.

Moses? As dominant as he was...and for a period of about 5-6 seasons he was the most dominant center in the game...ONE title...in a long career.

Chamberlain? "Only" two rings...despite being the best player on the floor in probably 25 of his 29 post-season series.

Shaq? How about SIX sweeping playoff losses? And was one win away in two more post-season series from being swept in EIGHT.

Duncan? Four rings in 17 seasons. What the hell was he doing in the other 13? Must have been HIS fault that those teams lost, right?

Lebron? Up until two years ago many were considering him as the "GOAT" "Loser." And obviously it was HIS fault when those Cavs teams lost in the playoffs and Finals, right?

You can go right down the list. NONE of those guys would have won ANY rings without talented teammates, or poor competition, or injuries, or even some luck.

Barkley was no more of a "loser" than any of those guys.
LAZERUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #17
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Most sane people would take barkleys career in a heartbeat.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal
Different/weaker era, hard to compare. Correct me if I'm wrong: Did elite players back then have careers outside of basketball during downtime/off-season?

Also, lets not act like Russell wasn't a sub 45 FG% big man that barely scored over double digits.

Uh, young Shaq was getting blamed for spending too much time on music, movies and generally being distracted from basketball even during the regular season, he was routinely blamed for being lazy and indifferent and he was still able to dominate. Prime Kareem took part in movies, as well as other non basketball related activities and it didn't negatively affect him at all. So?
Oh, and some other guy who didn't "barely" score in double digits is famous for his "practice" speach.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
DJ Leon Smith
Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence

DJ Leon Smith has decent reputationDJ Leon Smith has decent reputation

Quote:
Check out the players PEAK Charles Barkley garnered for the Sixers:

June 17, 1992: Traded by the Philadelphia 76ers to the Phoenix Suns for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang and Tim Perry.

Peak Scottie Pippen was traded for Roy Rogers and a second round pick.

I guess Jordan really did win all those titles by himself if we're ranking players by who they were traded for, which might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this message board.
DJ Leon Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Are you going to tell me that Jerry West was a "loser?" Hell, he only has ONE ring, and even in that post-season, he was awful. But, yes, he was "stats-padding" in his other post-seasons, when he was putting up 46 ppg series, and 38 ppg Finals (with a game seven of 42-13-12.)

What about KAJ? The man could "only' win ONE title as THE man. He couldn't carry loaded rosters past the early rounds of the playoffs in the late 70's either. And I guess he was "stats-padding" when he shelled Walton in the '77 WCF's, too...despite his TEAM being swept.

MJ? Went 1-9 in his first ten playoff games, and never beat Bird in any of them. He also played on five losing teams in his career.

Hakeem? Where do I begin. EIGHT first-round exits, in 15 playoff seasons, and in most of those his TEAM's were crushed.

Bird? HOF-laden rosters in nearly every season of his career...and yet "only" three rings. On top of that, he wasn't even a FMVP in one Finals in which his team struggled to beat a 40-42 team. And, he had numerous choke jobs along the way. Lost SEVEN times with HCA, including a sweeping series loss in one of them.

Moses? As dominant as he was...and for a period of about 5-6 seasons he was the most dominant center in the game...ONE title...in a long career.

Chamberlain? "Only" two rings...despite being the best player on the floor in probably 25 of his 29 post-season series.

Shaq? How about SIX sweeping playoff losses? And was one win away in two more post-season series from being swept in EIGHT.

Duncan? Four rings in 17 seasons. What the hell was he doing in the other 13? Must have been HIS fault that those teams lost, right?

Lebron? Up until two years ago many were considering him as the "GOAT" "Loser." And obviously it was HIS fault when those Cavs teams lost in the playoffs and Finals, right?

You can go right down the list. NONE of those guys would have won ANY rings without talented teammates, or poor competition, or injuries, or even some luck.

/thread op is a moron
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

goddamn. don't ether them too hard man. it'll break their brains. srsly, these morons can't comprehend that basketball is a team game.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

Prime Duncan and Garnett were better than both Barkley and Malone.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Agreed. The guy always was a loser. He wasn't winning any titles in any era unless it was the 50/60s.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #24
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Thanks to CavaliersFTW for the vid. Just watched the entirety of it. For those who haven't watched, Chick Hearn interviews Barkley and he mentions the criticism of Barkley not helping other players/ making them better and the fact that he doesn't workout during the summer or do anything basketball related. And people wonder why he's a career loser that shouldn't be picked over Duncan, Garnett and Dirk.

The same was true of Jordan in his younger years. All he did in the summer was play golf. No workouts, no bball practice.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
See Kevin Love.

There's more to the game than raw scoring and rebounding (statpadding).

You just compared Charles Barkley to Kevin Love

I died a little inside

Charles Barkley is a loser?

Wait....this guy is in the basketball hall of fame....and he's a loser

Whatever helps you sleep at night man...
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Different/weaker era, hard to compare. Correct me if I'm wrong: Did elite players back then have careers outside of basketball during downtime/off-season?

Also, lets not act like Russell wasn't a sub 45 FG% big man that barely scored over double digits.

jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
goddamn. don't ether them too hard man. it'll break their brains. srsly, these morons can't comprehend that basketball is a team game.

Says the idiot troll
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #28
LAZERUSS
NBA lottery pick

LAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputationLAZERUSS has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Agreed. The guy always was a loser. He wasn't winning any titles in any era unless it was the 50/60s.

And he wasn't winning any titles in the late 50's thru the entire decade of the '60's, unless he was playing with Russell or Chamberlain, either.
LAZERUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He'd be a great drinking buddy I'm sure.. just not good enough as a franchise player because of said tendencies (not even talking about defense).

Quote:
Check out the players PEAK Charles Barkley garnered for the Sixers:

June 17, 1992: Traded by the Philadelphia 76ers to the Phoenix Suns for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang and Tim Perry.

Quote:

One would struggle to find 3 worse points made in a topic this short.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
kennethgriffin
NBA sixth man of the year

kennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykennethgriffin posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

chick hern

Quote:
are you prone to gaining weight?

charles barkley

Quote:
i don't work out during the summer

that in a nutshell is charles barkleys career
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: