Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Now that we are halfway done, how bad are your thoughts prior to season?

Clearly I have one really bad prediction (cough Giants cough) but in general i was wrong on the East (i thought we'd have three decent teams and Dallas leads the division at so-so followed by less so-so, suck, suck more). The Jets surprised me (although this might be the calm before the storm) and I thought eventually the Saints would kick it into gear but not so soon.

The other thing is the Chiefs, i thought maybe they could be borderline playoffs but undefeated, no way.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Now that we are halfway done, how bad are your thoughts prior to season?

biggest shocker of the year IMO is the Falcons...I thought they were a LOCK for the playoffs

they suck

and they sucked WITH White and Julio healthy too...now they just "REALLY SUCK"

it's really odd...someone needs to get fired
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Now that we are halfway done, how bad are your thoughts prior to season?

I thought the Falcons would win their division. I thought the NFC East would be a lot better, and I thought that Phillip Rivers was done.

I was right about the NFC North being strong though.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
MavsSuperFan
College superstar

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Chief surprised me a lot.

They were 2-14 last year.

Andy Reid
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Basketball Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know why people are surprised by the Chiefs. Their schedule has been awful. Dallas is the only average level team they've played.

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 10-31-2013 at 12:45 AM.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a little bit better than this. There is talent there, but they are so poorly coached and ran as a whole.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

I thought the Rams would be better, and this is before Bradford went down.

Tavon has been an epic bust so far.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a little bit better than this. There is talent there, but they are so poorly coached and ran as a whole.

They have elite talent, IMO.

Poor coaching and dreadful QB play will do that though. Look at KC last year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Surprisingly, I've done fairly well as far as my preseason thoughts are concerned.

I felt certain that Philly, the team I support, was going to be an unmitigated disaster. About the only thing I missed on with them was my prediction to take the under of 3.5 games before Vick got hurt. He squeaked by on that one.

Predicted KC to win 8-10 games and for Reid to be a COY candidate.

Felt SD would be a team that nobody really wanted to play once they got rid of Norv and let Rivers run the show at the line of scrimmage.

Missed by a mile on Houston , but can't imagine I'm alone on that.

Thought Cleveland was on the cusp. Appears I was right about that, just the wrong cusp!
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I bashed Rivers and I dont know why. Probably FF related.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Heavincent
3-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

I thought the Chiefs would be a 5 or 6 win team and I picked TB to make the playoffs...

I'm an idiot.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #12
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA lottery pick

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Thought the Giants would be a lot better. Maybe they will be as the season goes along.

I continue to underrate Russell Wilson, tho not the Seahawks.

Team wise, it looks about on par with what most people predicted (excluding the "sexy" picks like Tampa). Except probably KC still being undefeated by now and Houston and Atlanta looking like ass. Those are the only real surprises to me and people had to expect KC around/above .500 at this point. Even without hindsight of their schedule thinking NY and houston would be good.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

I didn't think the Saints would turn it around this quickly.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: