Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #31
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: All time comparison: Megatron v. Moss v. TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I think Calvin actually has a chance at being > Rice

a lot of what Calvin does is something that can't be defended at all...it is like a center in the NBA going for a rebound against point guards...and the center wins every time.

This. Calvin's potential is absolutely unlimited. There has never been a wide receiver with his combination of tools, including Moss. As of right now he is downright scary.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #32
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yeah, honestly for just one game I would take Calvin yesterday over ANYONE...Rice included

I have seen all of prime Moss, and IMO what Calvin did yesterday was more dominate than any WR has ever been in just one game...never seen anything like it.

Please. Dallas' defense is atrocious. They've already given up 400 yards to 4 different QBs this season through only 8 games.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Please. Dallas' defense is atrocious. They've already given up 400 yards to 4 different QBs this season through only 8 games.
Carr was playing extremely well all year...but it has been pointed out now that both Claiborne and Barry Church were out for a lot of the Lions game

we did have no name scrubs on the field

I don't care though, I have never seen a WR be such a huge factor to a team...Calvin was absolutely an unstoppable force, and like I said earlier it reminds me of a center in the NBA going for a rebound against point guards...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

Quote:
Carr was playing extremely well all year...but it has been pointed out now that both Claiborne and Barry Church were out for a lot of the Lions game

we did have no name scrubs on the field

I don't care though, I have never seen a WR be such a huge factor to a team...Calvin was absolutely an unstoppable force, and like I said earlier it reminds me of a center in the NBA going for a rebound against point guards...

Some credit has to go to the awful defense though. And the lions still almost lost despite this "unstoppable" performance. Racks up yards but not necessarily the TDs.

Also, let's give stafford credit. Those two throws to Durham and Calvin on that final drive were perfection.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyde82
Some credit has to go to the awful defense though. And the lions still almost lost despite this "unstoppable" performance. Racks up yards but not necessarily the TDs.

Also, let's give stafford credit. Those two throws to Durham and Calvin on that final drive were perfection.
The Lions turned over the ball five times. That is why they almost lost. His yards led to touchdowns
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't understand why people have such a difficult time accepting somebody new as better than past players. Same thing happens in the NBA. Right now, Calvin is bigger, stronger, and faster than TO in his prime. It is a fact. He is playing phenomenally.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

Here's another stat for the Cowboys game. Only 5 quarterbacks in the NFL are averaging over 312 yards per game. Only 5 quarterbacks typically pass for as many yards as Calvin caught. That is absurd. And say what you want about Dallas's shaky secondary, but they are definitely not the worst secondary in the NFL right now. And when is the last time anybody caught for 200 yards in a game?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

I Love me some Me
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #39
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I don't understand why people have such a difficult time accepting somebody new as better than past players. Same thing happens in the NBA. Right now, Calvin is bigger, stronger, and faster than TO in his prime. It is a fact. He is playing phenomenally.

He's definitely bigger. Stronger and faster are definitely debatable.

It's difficult to accept something that you don't think is true. Different minds can come to different conclusions.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moss > Megatron. Moss is arguably the 2nd best WR of all time. One day I'll be open to debate who is better of the two. I've seen Moss career. Megatrons is ongoing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #41
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Moss > Megatron. Moss is arguably the 2nd best WR of all time. One day I'll be open to debate who is better of the two. I've seen Moss career. Megatrons is ongoing.

The one issue I have with Moss isn't that he was never a great possession receiver. Especially the era he played in, if you needed him to carry an offense (grab several passes just to keep the chains moving), he wasn't necessarily up to the task all the time. There may not have been a better receiver at being able to break the game than Moss and I think if he existed in the '70s, he would've been hailed as some sort of god receiver because there might not have been a better downfield threat in NFL history.

That's where I get to with Calvin Johnson though. With his physical abilities (size and speed) coupled with his fundamentals, there really hasn't been a receiver like him before. Rice was an amazing route runner and the consummate perfectionist and Moss was just an innately gifted receiver, but Johnson has shown the ability to combine both those traits to a certain extent. There's a reason why he's on pace this season to be only third receiver in history to gain over 100 yards per game during a season (behind Lance Alworth) and why he's tied for 4th all-time in receptions and comfortably holds the record for most receiving yards in a season.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #42
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
The one issue I have with Moss isn't that he was never a great possession receiver. Especially the era he played in, if you needed him to carry an offense (grab several passes just to keep the chains moving), he wasn't necessarily up to the task all the time. There may not have been a better receiver at being able to break the game than Moss and I think if he existed in the '70s, he would've been hailed as some sort of god receiver because there might not have been a better downfield threat in NFL history.

That's where I get to with Calvin Johnson though. With his physical abilities (size and speed) coupled with his fundamentals, there really hasn't been a receiver like him before. Rice was an amazing route runner and the consummate perfectionist and Moss was just an innately gifted receiver, but Johnson has shown the ability to combine both those traits to a certain extent. There's a reason why he's on pace this season to be only third receiver in history to gain over 100 yards per game during a season (behind Lance Alworth) and why he's tied for 4th all-time in receptions and comfortably holds the record for most receiving yards in a season.

He already did that last year, didn't he?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=534391

People are starting to come around...in 2-3 years Calvin will be in GOAT talks, right now though Rice just has too big of a resume

As far as prime goes though Ill take Calvin over anyone
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Rice was doing what he did in a tougher era for the passing game as far as rules go. Plus his "prime" numbers of 1850 yards and 15 touchdowns, and 1078 yards and 22 touchdowns in only 12 games is as good or better than what Calvin has done or probably will ever do.

22 touchdowns in 12 games.......................................
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #45
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He already did that last year, didn't he?

Sorry, I meant to say he's only the second receiver to average a 100 yards per game in three seasons.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: